Well I was looking at my encyclopedia

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
And I realize that I only have 9 bugs, 14 fish and 7 deep sea creatures left to catch. All of them don't show up until Winter/Spring except the Peacock Butterfly which for some reason doesn't want to show up in my town. -_-

After I saw I only have that much left to catch, I realized the encyclopedia really isn't that big, is it? It just seems big because the creatures don't all show up at the same time throughout the year.

Last edited:
I caught a Peacock Butterfly today, so they're definitely around.
Congrats, by the way! I don't usually check mine but looks like you've been working your way through it! I just very rarely go and actively try to catch new stuff, it's mostly coincidence... cannot be bothered. x)

I think I read that Peacock Butterflies are only around if you have black, blue or purple flowers. I'm not sure if that's true or not, but it would definitely explain why they aren't showing up in my town since I have none of those colors of flowers. -_-

And thank you. Yeah, I like catching the bugs and fish in this game. I'm trying to give myself goals to keep myself from resetting, one of them is completing the encyclopedia and if I reset now, I'd have to wait all the way to next year to complete the encyclopedia (which I might end up happening anyways) and a lot of these fish and bugs were a pain to catch.

I'm 6 fish and 2 diving creatures away from completing the encyclopedias, and 3 of the fish should currently spawn, but they're being stubborn for me, everything else won't spawn until winter/spring. This is the closest I've ever been to completing the encyclopedias, and I started playingwhen WW came out. Being almost at completion does make the encyclopedias seem small haha

good luck catching what you've got left to catch!

LOL it always seems that when you are close to completing something, things just blatantly refuse to cooperate. I'm expecting these last fish, bugs and deep sea creatures to give me heck. Peacock butterfly is already getting a headstart lol. I might have to wait until next year for that one if I don't catch it before the end of the month. The peacock butterfly and the snail might be the only two bugs I won't have until next year.

Good luck to you too. :)

Last edited:
I can give you a blue pansy if you want to catch it this month still :) you can have it for free if you're interested.

LOL it always seems that when you are close to completing something, things just blatantly refuse to cooperate. I'm expecting these last fish, bugs and deep sea creatures to give me heck. Peacock butterfly is already getting a headstart lol. I might have to wait until next year for that one if I don't catch it before the end of the month. The peacock butterfly and the snail might be the only two bugs I won't have until next year.

Good luck to you too. :)

You can get both peacock butterfly & the snail on your own island, all year round, during the day.

Peacock butterfly, blue, black, purple flowers - that includes purple violets - which you can pick up on gardening & butterfly tours, bring back to the island & plant - refresh by going into the hut & out again - and you should get one.

Snail only on bushes when it rains - I get it raining fairly regularly on my island - if its cloudy at 6am, and gets cloudier at 7am, invariably it rains at 8am - and its so regular I guess its been programmed into the game.
Its not every day (& I go to the island daily 6-8am for bug catching). You do need bushes (I kept the ones from the beginning, but the shoots appear for sale every so often).

Last edited:
I have no patience whatsover in collecting bugs/fishes/deep sea creatures xD
Like I don't mind catching but I don't mind collecting them either so I'm not really stressed out on completing my encyclopedia, maybe someday I would but definitely not now...
Good luck on your hunt! Hope you complete the encyclopedia soon ^^

I've only the tarantula, scorpion, bee and mole cricket to catch in my main town but sadly that will never happen. I can't catch them to save my life.

In my first town I would always time travel, which helped me a lot with getting new things. Before I reset, I had 2 bugs left to catch (tarantula and scorpion) and 2 fish left to catch (the black spotted fish that has the name I can't spell and starts with a c, and either a string fish or a pike, I'm not too sure). My deep sea creatures were complete.

Last edited:
Back