• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Purple Tulips?

dogmanstar

took a suck on a pill
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4728-4833-7002
So, I have nearly all of the Flower Hybrids that I want, but for some reason I just can't seem to get Purple Tulips! I've done everything that people on here have said, I currently have two Orange Tulips (both of whom formed from a Red/Yellow combination) and I'm trying to spawn Purple Tulips but they just refuse to spawn :mad:

Am I doing this right? Are Purple Tulips just really rare to spawn, or am I using the wrong combination?

I got mine from orange tulips, yes. But sometimes they spawn other oranges, or yellows or reds. So it's a 25% chance. I'd say only water the oranges and wait.... when you get 2 purples, put them together and only water these and you'll soon have lots, hopefully. :)

it took me FOREVER to get my first purple. i finally got one from a black + orange breeding combo

I got mine from orange tulips, yes. But sometimes they spawn other oranges, or yellows or reds. So it's a 25% chance. I'd say only water the oranges and wait.... when you get 2 purples, put them together and only water these and you'll soon have lots, hopefully. :)

That's what I've been doing! I guess it's just a long and tedious process. I can't even remember the amount of TTing that went into me getting my first Blue Rose...

- - - Post Merge - - -

it took me FOREVER to get my first purple. i finally got one from a black + orange breeding combo

I'll give that a try... Thanks for the suggestion! :p

I'm glad I'm not the only one!
I was thinking about writing a thread for when I needed purple tulips
Why can't they just stick with simple combinations?! haha
xD

After a few hours worth of TTing, I finally managed to get a Purple Tulip! Currently trying to get another one so I can breed them together and have a whole whack of them

I'm glad I'm not the only one!
I was thinking about writing a thread for when I needed purple tulips
Why can't they just stick with simple combinations?! haha
xD

It's an absolute pain! But at least it's not as bad as the Blue Roses.

Congrats on getting your first one and hope the 2nd is quick.
With mine some said black/red and others said orange/red. So I placed black, orange and red in a checkboard pattern. A purple tulip appear in the opening where one black, one orange and 2 red tulips were. Not sure which one helped but I got it.

I got mine from orange orange. I'm currently trying to breed more orange tulips so it's really annoying that that combo is only giving me purples now lol

I tried so many things and nothing worked, I ended up buying 2 from an user from this forum.

wow, purple tulips are this hard to spawn? I must've gotten lucky since I got two on the same day. And correct me if I'm wrong, but once you have two purple tulips, there is 100% chance of them spawning.

and don't get me started on the blue rose. Took me 4 MONTHS of in-game time travelling to get my first blue rose. That was not fun :(

as with all hybrids it doesn't hurt to get a starter if you can buy one off someone and plant them by your oranges more will pop up faster. That's what I did for mine.

I don't like breeding hybrids on my own, it takes way to long for my impatient self lol That's why I just got two starters of all the flowers I wanted from other people to make more my own. Fertilizer and jacob's ladders help more with breeding hybrids as well :)

Congrats on getting y:lemon:our first one and hope the 2nd is quick.
With mine some said black/red and others said orange/red. So I placed black, orange and red in a checkboard pattern. A purple tulip appear in the opening where one black, one orange and 2 red tulips were. Not sure which one helped but I got it.

It was pretty quick! Now I have a whole garden of Purple and Black roses around Muffy's house

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thanks everyone for your advice! Hopefully another forum user stumbles upon this thread while trying to find Purple Tulips... also I can get people some if they want any!

I got my purple tulips by breeding orange with orange or black with black. It was one of the first hybrids I've bred.

To be honest, I never had any problems breeding purple tulips. Breeding purple pansies is much, much worse.

Back