• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Opinion on Wild World holidays?

cornimer

grab acorns 'til you're delirious
Cherry 🍒
Banana 🍌
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Island
Crayola
Pink Balloon
Green Balloon
Pink Balloon
Green Balloon
Pink Balloon
Space Whale Plush
Splat Easter Egg
Green Fair Pinwheel
Kaleidoclover
Flower Glow Wand
Wild World tends to get a bad rep for the removal of IRL holidays. While I agree that the game would be much more fun if things like Halloween and Toy Day were included, I do love the made up holidays like Acorn Fest, Bright Nights and La-di-day and wish they would reappear in some games.
The only holiday that needs to never come back again is Yay Day :p so annoying
What does everyone else think?

Last edited:
ac ww gets a big thumbs up from me! villagers dialogue was so much better in that game than it is now! way more interesting. And acorn day ! I loved it so much! I really hope it comes back somehow, cornimer and all :p

ac ww gets a big thumbs up from me! villagers dialogue was so much better in that game than it is now! way more interesting. And acorn day ! I loved it so much! I really hope it comes back somehow, cornimer and all :p

Yess villager dialogue is so much better in WW than NL, in WW they actually have different personalities :p Cornimer is a legend

I enjoyed Wild World's holidays just fine! As a child I have a lot of fond memories of the Flea Market and Fishing Tournaments. There's a charm to it that still draws me back from time to time.

I liked them. I thought they were a cool reflection of real life holidays.

I only really liked the Flea market and the acorn festival, and maybe Laliday. The others were pretty boring and uneventful and never need to come back .

I agree. I miss WW dialogues so much. WW was the last AC game I played before ACNL so it was still kinda fresh in my mind... I was hella pissed all the personalities and dialogues were dumbed down. I actually loved reading Blathers ramble on about his childhood lol.

I really liked the non-IRL holidays in ACWW. I wish we had flea markets and acorn day... In the new game I really hope they bring back made up holidays and some new ones too (because some WW holidays were kinda lame too lol).

I totally agree about the made-up holidays. Many of the holidays in NL seem pretty boring to me. I love Toy Day and Halloween, but most of the others feel repetitive pretty quickly. I miss the flea market, the acorn festival, and Bright Nights. Even La-Di-Da Day would be fun if it weren't so frequent.

I didn't like that things like the Flower Festival, went on for a week. (IIRC)
That was a whole week where the villagers didn't speak to one another.
I'm not a fan of the one day events in NL, because town hall shuts and I can't do anything.

I do miss the WW dialogue. If NL had that, it would be perfect.

I love La-Di-Day. It makes it easy to find a new town tune and it’s fun listening to the different tunes. :blush:

Other than that, I don’t have a specific opinion on them. I do like the originality of them. It’s a shame other holidays were taken out though. I would’ve loved to see Christmas stuff in the game.

I also love the Flea Market, since some villagers have nice furniture. :)

EDIT: I just realized this was an old thread. I hope I didn’t break any rules posting this. I’m sorry 😓

Last edited:
i was disappointed as a kid when i realized that wild world was the only ac game that didn’t include irl holidays, and i’m still confused as to why that is lol, but the wild world exclusive holidays were honestly a lot of fun and really cute! my favourite has always been the bright nights festival; still bummed that i couldn’t put pretty lights on my own house, but just seeing them on my villagers’ houses made me happy. i also loved the acorn festival and cornimer, and the flower fest was pretty fun, too! i always won that since i stole my villagers’ flowers. 🤣 the flea markets were a blast as well.

i was never too big on la-di-day and yay day, but they had a special charm to them, and the dialogue during those events (and in general tbh) was great!

Back