• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Is it worth buying?

I really like HHD, but I don't play it hardcore so much. Usually I'll do one or two designs a day and generally reserve my playtime for when I run out of things to do in ACNL (after the shops close and when I'm meant to be gearing down to sleep anyway.)

It's kind of like you have to like playing house and designing things, the arrangement system is spectacular and I really wish they'd allowed for putting things in the middle of two squares like they do in HHD for ACNL because it can really improve the flow of a room (so many times I wish I could put a wreath dead center above my door okay)

That being said I didn't pay full price for my copy and waited till it had come down quite a lot but I still feel it's a great supplement game in the series.

It depends on what you like. It's basically just the house decorating part of acnl, but over and over again. It can be fun, because you're trying out new themes each time, but it can also get repetitive. I enjoyed it at first. Its not as good as acnl.

If someone asked me to recomend them a DS game, this wouldn't be the one I'd think of, but it depends on preference.

I don't think that it's worth buying. I do enjoy the game to some extent, but I played it frequently for the first two days and now haven't touched it but once or twice since. It's a high price for something that's only interesting for a short while. If you don't mind a game that you just come back to every once in a while when the mood strikes you, then maybe you would enjoy it more than I am.

i go through phases in which i enjoy it and phases where i don't. i even sold it at one point, only to buy it back. i don't even know if i truly enjoy the game so much as i want it because it's Animal Crossing.

not for full price. i bought it for $40 and it definitely wasn't worth that, as i got bored of it extremely quickly. at first i was playing it for like a week and completed all the buildings and got bored after that. i go on every couple months and then when i do i get halfway through a house but get too bored to finish and quit

No. After about two weeks I was sick to death of it. Until I got a new 3DS, the only good thing that came with HHD was the bundle with the NFC reader...and even now I don't need it anymore, so.

I think it's going to depend a lot on what you personally find to be fun. I had it, and got a few hours of fun out of it, but it didn't hold my interest, because house decorating isn't one of the things I like best about Animal Crossing. I ended up selling it back. However, I've seen some people create really fantastic houses and rooms, so if that's a part of the game you really enjoy, you could definitely have a lot of fun with Happy Home Designer.

It's honestly a great game the first time you play it, however it does get repetitive and once I finished all the buildings Isabelle offers I stopped playing as much and just reset the game.
If you think you could get used to its repetitiveness then go ahead and buy it, but try to find the cheapest version you can get.

Well it's not worth it at full price, for sure. ;) But I am a huge fan of decorating and the like, and the ability to fully customize, with backyards, locations, and everything, made it appealing enough for me to buy.

Plus, I've always imagined redesigning some of my villagers' ugly homes. :rolleyes:

It's a worthy spinoff and designing the school and other public buildings is the most worthwhile feature. I found myself sort of disappointed after completing them all and constantly restarted. Restarting didn't make me enjoy the game less.

Overall, I liked it. It's short, though. Not as fulfilling as the originals, but great in different ways!

Wow! I bought it when it came out so I really did forget that it was $40 - I always thought it was 20, haha. I think 40 (full price) is too steep for it, but I DID play it a ton and I still do.

I think if you're the kind of person who enjoys Sims games for building houses, you'll love HHD. The possibilities are truly endless if you import QR codes and use your imagination. I've played it so much and I am certain that I still don't have some furniture sets unlocked yet.

It's a must-have for a super AC fan regardless, but if you are more on the creative side then you'll love it. I forget when it came out but I still play it every other day now, and it's almost 2018.

I got it ages ago. I don't play it that much nowadays but it's pretty fun if you like decorating things

I dusted off my copy this afternoon. I now have a new 2DS which makes scanning amiibo cards easier. Had a fun time, especially once I realized that you can "fly" your character around the house and yard you're designing, lol. (Same goes for the villager who commissioned you. I put Luna into a bed while I worked.) Wish that feature had carried over into ACNL. If you find it on sale and you enjoy decorating, get it. I pretty much use it as a supplement to ACNL.

tbh, no. i got it for christmas last year and i have played it, 5 times? i sold it about a month ago actually

If you're a fan of decorating rooms, I say get it. You can find it for pretty cheap nowadays, and it's even more fun if you have some Amiibo cards (but not necessary, of course).

Do you like to decorate rooms/houses/exteriors? Then the game will be right up your alley and you should go ahead and buy it, if you don't like to design rooms/etc. then it would be a waste of your money

By the way, Happy Home Designer is on sale at BestBuy for $9,99. I just saw it this morning and thought some of you might be interested. :)

I got it on sale for like $10 and I still play it here and there, but I wouldn't pay more than that for it tbh.

Everyone seems to hate it, But i play it alot and its good imo but anyone who reads this probably wont get it considering the reviews. I love it anyway.

Back