• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Is it worth buying?

I don’t hate it, but this isn’t a very good game in the series. If you’re one of those people who like designing and being very productive and creative, then this is a game for you. If you get bored of repetitivity, then this game is not for you at all. Now, this is from a perspective of a person who doesn’t like repetivity, by the way. The game for me was definitely boring. To put it in a few words, this is the game: “You’ve finished designing this house! Now design the next”. And you keep going on and on. Yes, you do get new furniture, but still, it’s really boring when the same things happen. The criteria you have to meet for the house has very low standards. I’m just saying, but you can just throw in the three pieces of furniture the villager must have in their house, and finish their house and the villager would be satisfied. The game can’t detect the true effort that you put into the house, and once you finish designing all the special town projects, then all you have to do is plainly design the rest of the villager’s houses. I highly dislike how the game literally just left you with the houses to design, which creates so much boredom. It’s like the game said goodbye and abandoned you. Overall, the game to me was not worth buying.

I bought it at full price when it was first released. Collect the cards, too.

Are you looking for progression-based play? Firm directive, structure, a storyline? You absolutely will not find it in HHD. But if you are a creative who would find satisfaction in freely designing room after room, yes. It is what it is. Repetitive, basically absent of narrative. Just a tool to put together pretty looking rooms for your own enjoyment, a thing that is very time-consuming for any other Animal Crossing title.

I, myself, also used it to design my house in New Leaf. Simply bought the items from this forum once I put together a room I liked. If you think an endless catalog of items to toss at hundreds of empty rooms will bore you, it's not for you, but I find it just simple-minded and sweet enough to help wind down after a long day.

id say it is, its a pretty cute game and if you get into it you will end up playing for hours at a time, but its also great if you have 15 minutes and dont want to play anything time consuming/demanding ^^ look for used copies or offers/sales because a) many people are selling their copies and b) it kinda expensive? like for what you get, it gets a little pricey especially if you dont earn a lot.
i got mine for the equivalent of 8-9 dollars i think and i really like it ^^

I mean if ur rly bored and u like decorating things, this is a good way to pass your time, although it kinda works up ur brain and u get tired from thinking about all the furniture positions, but once you've done it, it will look amazing and it's something nice to look back on, I think it's worth it :3

Well, if your fine with a game that once you complete all of the requests, or the main story, there's not much to do. Honestly, I've been dreaming about re-doing Gaston's house for ages so I'm happy. I mean, not worth 40$, but I got mine at 20.

I got it because I wanted the 3DS bundle and because it was animal crossing. I don't even think it's installed on my DS anymore, if that shows you how often I played it. It was cute and fun at first, I'm just not big on a game that's just designing.

I've just been looking at the price in Australia, and it's still $59!!!
Everything costs more in Oz. :-|

It looks like a relaxing game.
To buy or not to buy? o_O

I only have one game.
ACNL. LOL :D

Last edited:
I've just been looking at the price in Australia, and it's still $59!!!
Everything costs more in Oz. :-|

It looks like a relaxing game.
To buy or not to buy? o_O

I only have one game.
ACNL. LOL :D

have you looked for used ones? people sell them for a lot cheaper, thats the best option if you're not 100% if you want it

Last edited:
I bought it digitally the other day, getting 40% off that’s to My Nintendo, so it was just under $20. I’m glad I got it.

I want a new one! :D
I rarely get myself anything, so... I'm going to get it. ^_^

I wish my My Nintendo was 40%. The Australia mynintendo only has a 20% discount. Still a good discount but not cheap enough for me to buy it

Yeah, funny thing is, I was already considering getting it befor the discount showed up. I had grabbed ACNL Welcome Amiibo, then a discount for that showed up fro 20% off.

Totally. Really fun game. It looks boring, and is a bit dull at first, but once you really get into it exciting stuff happens! At one point in the game you can literally build the whole town.

The game was a very good pastime when I had nothing to do. It kind of reminded me of the Sims except you didn't actually build the house lol

Does the game, last forever or is it one of those games that goes from point a to point b? That's the only concern I have with the game and purchasing it.

I caved in and bought it. I enjoy it, it's comforting that I can build a bunch of things. It also just gives me ideas / practice for my rooms in NL.

This is kind of old, but i really enjoyed the game. if only you could build your own house :C

Back