• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Is it worth buying?

I'm STILL debating if I should get it.
It sounds fun to me!

..been doubting for a while to buy this game. But i recently ordered it for about 17 euro's. Now i can't wait to get it! It should arrive end of this week:blush:bye bye social life (if i had one left..;))

YES!!!!! I think it is so worth it if you like the design aspect of acnl. You dont have to buy items or wait for ordered items to come in the mail. Its hard to make "good-looking" homes when first starting the game, but the more furniture you unlock the better. Also the prompts are really fun, and helped me design different stuff I normally wouldnt do in my acnl house (like a garage, day care, and criminal hideout).

I get ideas from doing these houses and incorporate it into my animal crossing new leaf house. Or if I want to try out a certain room theme, you can always test it in HHD first! This way like I said you dont have to waste bells or time for it to come in the mail.

You can check out some houses ive done on my tumblr (I just posted these recently and I'm really excited about them!) click me!

YES!!!!! I think it is so worth it if you like the design aspect of acnl. You dont have to buy items or wait for ordered items to come in the mail. Its hard to make "good-looking" homes when first starting the game, but the more furniture you unlock the better. Also the prompts are really fun, and helped me design different stuff I normally wouldnt do in my acnl house (like a garage, day care, and criminal hideout).

I get ideas from doing these houses and incorporate it into my animal crossing new leaf house. Or if I want to try out a certain room theme, you can always test it in HHD first! This way like I said you dont have to waste bells or time for it to come in the mail.

You can check out some houses ive done on my tumblr (I just posted these recently and I'm really excited about them!) click me!

Ok.
This time, I'm going to REALLY get it. ^_^
Going to find it on Ebay.
EBGames wants $70!!!! Same as all Aussie game stores. :-/
Then another $7 postage.

It's a nice spin-off. If you're into interior/exterior decorating you'll feel right at home. It was personally bittersweet for me; there were many great new features and items, but going back to NL, although they brought back most new items and features (rearranging items in house), it made me feel like NL was missing out. Of course, this could have been a way to show off their new features that we'll see in the next main entry in the series, as well as keeping us in the loop as they work on it (same with Pocket Camp).

TL;DR yes if you're into the idea, and if it's worth your savings <3

If you love to design rooms, you'll love this game. It's people who go into it thinking it's like a main, full Animal Crossing game who will be disappointed. I think it's an excellent game.

If you love to design rooms, you'll love this game. It's people who go into it thinking it's like a main, full Animal Crossing game who will be disappointed. I think it's an excellent game.
I think it?s the fact that we have literally gone so long without a main series Animal Crossing game. The last main series was released back in June 2013. People love the concept of the main series, so that lead to the disappointment of Happy Home Designer and Amiibo Festival. I would imagine Happy Home Designer to be appealing to people who love interior design. Amiibo Festival, to my knowledge, is a blatant copy of the Mario Party games. I enjoyed the Mario Party games, but Amiibo Festival doesn?t sound interesting to me at all. Having Animal Crossing characters in there doesn?t seem right to me.

I think it's fun but I really like decorating and interior design irl so I think there's a little bias on my part, haha. But if that's your thing too (and if you don't mind doing the same thing you've done before a few times) then go on ahead. I like playing it to relax myself.

The fact that you can design cafes, hospital, stores etc and actual villagers would use it.. that alone makes the game worth buying to me. I don't get the hate, it was supposed to be just a spin-off. With all the gameplay I got from New Leaf, the least I could do is give Nintendo my coins! It's half the price now though lol.

Back