• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Woodland theme ideas

The_Storyteller

Bells
Hi all!

So I landed an extra copy of ACNL. It was preowned, so it's already got a save file on it for a town called Treedom. Since I've still got a lot of work to do in my main town and I don't have a lot of spare time, I was thinking I might just work with the existing town for a while.

It took me a while to decide what kind of theme I wanted, but I eventually decided on a woodland fairy sort of idea. I've never tried anything like this before, so I'm a bit stuck for ideas, but here's what I've got so far. A densely forested town with "secret" little PWPs (maybe the well, an unexpected street lamp), natural looking paths with clovers and mushrooms. For the mayor's house, I was thinking maybe a whimsical fairy cottage, using the weeding day, bug and mushroom series as the basis and then filling it in with other tidbits.

Some of the fairytale PWPs could work, although not too many. I was also thinking I'd love to have both Julian and Phoebe since they're both in that "mythical creature" category. I don't know... What do you guys think?

Definitely some good ideas so far! If you're going for a mythical forest theme, I'd totally recommend getting Coco as a villager, since she looks a lot like a Kodama! Maybe have a second villager who has a house like a witch's cottage or potion shop? That would be pretty cool!

I love all of your ideas so far!

As for general woodland creatures, off the top of my head, Pecan the squirrel is pretty natural looking, (albeit w/ a little purple eyeshadow), as is her house (with a purple roof, however). Teddy is also fairly natural looking, as is his house.

For more mystical/fantasy:
Roscoe, who I think could look a bit like a thestral from Harry Potter?
An eagle as a hippogriff, also from Harry Potter?
Wolfgang or Lobo as the "Big Bad Wolf"?
Billy, Gruff, or Kidd, with a streetlight placed somewhere in front of their house, as a Mr. Tumnus from Narnia? Or any goat as a centaur.
Drago is a dragon! There are obviously lots of fantasy dragons, and he/his area of town could be visualized in many different ways.

If you're looking for some woodland themed villagers, then here is a list full of them.

For fantasy and fairy tale type villagers I'd say:
Drago the dragon
Julian
Phoebe
Becky reminds me of a fantasy themed queen of some sort.
Colton as he could represent a prince
Elvis could represent a king or Aslan from Narnia
Sterling for a knight
Queenie as she also represents a queen of some sort

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Back