• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Does Messy writing Bug you?

My handwriting is pitiful so I can't judge other people. I'm fairly good at deciphering messy handwriting as a result

Define messy. Some people have writing that looks like a foreign language. Some people write cursive but it's so hard to read. I don't like both :c

as long as someone's handwriting is legible enough to read, i don't really care if it's messy or not.

my handwriting is pretty loopy, so it either looks like the bomb.com or it looks like the hottest mess ever... i kind of hate it when its messy, but i don't know how else to take fast notes ;;;

As long as I can read it, my boyfriend's handwriting is pretty sloppy. I think it's cute though because the way he makes his y's make me think of those simple drawings of fishes lol.

*also wish they still taught calligraphy in (high)school :( or just a more intensive cursive class. I guess there's always youtube~

It bothers me even though I consider my hand-writing not to be neat.

I don't mind if other people's handwriting is messy but I hate it when mine is :( As long as it's legible, I don't mind the messiness.

I'm a perfectionist when it comes to handwriting, so if I see a letter that might look like a different letter (e's curve is so small it might be a c, for example), I have to erase it if I wrote it or try not to scribble it out. Luckily my own handwriting is pretty neat.

As long as it's kinda legible then I'm fine. I've got a cramped, slanted style of writing so I'm used to reading smaller and messier styles in general

I can't stand messy handwriting.. lucky me has a boyfriend who writes really messy,
my Mother & brother even worse and my grandparents, oh god.
My Dad has a beautiful handwriting, that looks female tho but I don't mind :D
I personally have a (apparently) neat handwriting, looks like the one from my Dad.
My class was once starring at my writing because I had a good handwriting-day xD

Not really, my writing is pretty messy myself, so I can't really judge anyone else's.

I have really neat handwriting but...
Yes it bugs me a lot if I can read it and when teachers are writing in corrections to make and you don't know how to make them bc you understand like one word.

I can't complain about other's handwriting when my handwriting is also atrocious. There's never been a moment where someone doesn't ask me what I have written. I would rather read it out for someone than to watch them struggle with my sloppy squiggles.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have really neat handwriting but...
Yes it bugs me a lot if I can read it and when teachers are writing in corrections to make and you don't know how to make them bc you understand like one word.

This always used to bother me, I always wondered why they never written in caps as an alternative. At least so that I didn't have to waste my time trying to unscramble words. I was aware of receiving work but I didn't know I was going to get a puzzle on top of that.

As long as it's readable, no. Part of my job involves digitizing paperwork and writing the data into a separate computer program. Some of the paperwork is handwritten, so it gets really frustrating if the handwriting is too sloppy to read.

Not really, my own handwriting is pretty messy as well so. As long as you can read it I guess.

Nah, it doesn't really bother me as long as I can read it. I will say it's a pain in professional or school settings. People get so offensive or treat you like an idiot when you ask to clarify what something says. If you know people struggle reading your handwriting, just type, text or send an e-mail instead.

Do people still write these days? I genuinely can't remember the last time I've even held a pen

Sometimes. When its so messy no one can read it it bugs me but if I can read it that's fine. You can't really change your handwriting anyways.
Also my handwriting is kinda messy but not too bad.

I don't mind it because my handwriting looks like trash. My mom and brother's writing is way more annoying than mine because it's this half cursive half print stuff and you have to get accustomed to it to be able to read it. Also my dad's writing looks like a line and no one can read it. wow

Back