• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Does Messy writing Bug you?

ja2mine

ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Red Candy
October Birthstone (Opal)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Tasty Cake
Voodoo Doll
Personally, it only bugs me if its illegible and if teachers have messy writing (i can barely read the notes i'm supposed to take!) SO-- does it bug you?

aaaaand... what type of writing do you have? Messy, Neat or just, meh?

I have neat hand-writing, I'm a teacher assistant and I hate when I have to read kids' work and you can't even tell what it says.

I consider my handwriting to be quite nice but no one can seem to read it ahaha. I'm Good at deciphering other people's messy letters/alphabets but I can't with numbers. Numbers in general give me a headache to look at, written or typed.

Messy handwriting bothers me, I write messy when I write fast, and just looking back at it bothers me a lot. I write meh most of the time in school because I have time but going too slow I won't have enough time.

my handwriting looks like a non-slanted version of italic comic sans, so very neat n childlike

for your imagination

so yes, it bugs me when someone just doesn't bother

Last edited:
my handwriting is painstakingly neat & i'm super glad that all of my professors except one (he has legible writing, though, so it's not terrible) have neat handwriting too.

it bothers me so much to read something in bad writing.

Last edited:
My handwriting is so messy :( i can't write well no matter how much I try

I don't really like reading messy handwriting but mines bad soooo

Nah, as long as you can read it. My own handwriting is terrible and I feel so bad when I'm trading amiibo cards with people because they probably think they're trading with a 10 y/o when they see the envelope LOL

I wish I had cute neat handwriting but I don't. :(

My handwriting is quite cursivey. I pretty much only pick my pencil up for t's and i's and starting new words. So during notes it gets very messy because im trying to write everything during lectures quickly, and sometimes I hate looking at it. its morphed into something else. XD.. I get people telling me its pretty, and then others who can barely read it LOL. but others messy writing i dont mind.

I actually have messy handwriting which bugs me in all honesty. I even had teachers who even told me that when I was in elementary and middle school. The funniest thing about this is that I had people tell me that I have a neat handwriting but I'm only neat if I write very slowly. However, when I write fast, I feel my writing became messier than usual. If I write really fast, sometimes I'll read back my own handwriting, and true story, I can't read my handwriting either at times. But yeah, my handwriting is messy but I try to be neat if I have to be for the most part.

That being said, I'm actually not too picky about other people's handwriting although if it's too messy or way messier than mine, I'll probably speak up about it but so many people seem to write more neater, so I barely can't really say much in all honesty. I have yet to meet somebody whose handwriting that actually bothers me. It's more of the opposite.

Last edited:
almost everyone has better handwriting than i do and it's usually not a problem to read what they've written so idk. most of the handwritten things i have to read are on whiteboards and all my teachers are good at writing on it so yay.

my own handwriting is really ugly and messy ): i can't always read what i have written, sometimes i have to try to guess or remember what it says ;__;

I have messy handwriting so it doesn't really bug me much as long as it's legible. My boyfriend has really scribbly writing and makes a lot of spelling/grammar errors but I still love getting notes and stuff from him. =]

Nah, my bad writing is very bad so I can't blame someone else for the same thing. It only bugs me if I can't read it.

it would suck if it bothered me, because my personal handwriting is absolutely atrocious.

No. It's cursive that bugs me! I wasn't taught it because I'm special needs and was still learning to read when it was time for cursive in school. So I can't read it.

Cursive is stupid in the technological age anyway

No. It's cursive that bugs me! I wasn't taught it because I'm special needs and was still learning to read when it was time for cursive in school. So I can't read it.

Cursive is stupid in the technological age anyway

Tbh cursive isn't really hard to learn, a lot of old writings and historical documents are written in cursive, plus formal documents and signatures are written in cursive so it's a good thing to know.

I hardly ever write in cursive but it is really fun to write in. Plus I'm dominantly right-handed but I can write cursive better with my left hand than my right. :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

My handwriting jumps back and forth between perfect and illegible depending on how fast I'm writing and how neat I want to be, most of the time it's right in the middle.

I personally don't like messy handwriting at all. I think I have a mild form of dyslexia because I already have some trouble reading normal writing, and messy writing is just... bad.

Back