Do you do your villagers' requests right away or later on?

I always do them righy away, but I usually don't do the fishing or bug catching one at all. I do tell them "yeah sure I'll get it for you", because I don't want to disappoint them by saying no... do they know if I don't deliver the fish or bug?

I usually do them right away, otherwise I forget! Then they are out of the way and I can get back to doing whatever I was doing!

I say yes to everything even if I know I'm not going to be able to catch a specific bug or fish (not sure whether not doing a request or denying a request lowers friendship more??) but I try and do everything else right away or else I'm certain I would forget. Sometimes I jot down what everyone is looking for if I get several in a row and I'm in the middle of doing something else. If I agree to meet someone at their house or my house at a later time, I usually set a reminder on my phone, because those I definitely forget.
I've read several times - I think the original source was a Japanese forum? Well whatever, apparently taking on a request and then not being able to complete, lowers friendship (one level) while refusing a request is neutral.
Some circumstantial evidence this is correct, (poster: stitchmaker). Sometimes I comply with this idea but often I just accept and hope to fulfil. A letter with a gift attached makes up for any lowering of friendship level.

I avoid visits which are 30+ mins in advance: either by accepting and then pressing quit - which makes the villager shrug, but apparently this will lower friendship; or refusing outright, which I think gets a more sad response from the villager. Whatever, just send a letter with a gift attached to balance it out.

I found tasks in acww better programmed, I think you had 3 days to complete and if not fulfilled then the villager said they no longer needed the item. (excepting deliveries to other villagers which were to be done within the hour?).

Now in acnl, we get till the end of the day for all requests, which is very tight for some fish/bug ones. Nor do the villagers ever say anything about no longer needing the item, its just left hanging.
However getting the gift for completion, coming from the recipient is a lot better than having to run around trying to find the requester, to get the gift for completing the task. Albeit I do try and find them to say delivery made.

In all ac games the quantum leaps villagers can make is just the same. They can disappear fast.

It depends how difficult the task is. Sure, I do easy tasks right away. If I ever accept a difficult task I try doing it, when I have the time. Or I simply forget about it. :(

i do them right away since i'll pretty much always forget to do them if i decide to do them later

It depends what kind of request it is. If a villager just want a fruit or want me to deliver something,
then I mostly do it right away. If they want a fish or a bug, which is hard to catch and where I know
that I'm not able to get it in a short time, then I just say no. Sure, the villager is then disappointed,
but I don't want to lie, if I'm not able to catch it, then there is nothing I can do in that moment as
to tell them. I also forgot a few time, that I even had a request from a villager.

Back