Luck with fishing or bug catching?

CrumbyTheNarwhal

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
1012-4577-4526
Hey guys! c:
I recently just caught the coelacanth for the first time ever!
I have been playing animal crossing for years, so don't ask me how I've never caught it before, but, thats besides the point.
Have you guys ever gotten really lucky whilst fishing or bug hunting?
I caught a tarantula on my second game file the day I got it, but I still haven't been able to get it on my main :p
I'd love to know if any of you have got lucky before, or if you've missed something (like the coelacanth, tarantula or scorpion)

Well, even tho I play this game since 2014 I haven't had any luck fishing or bug catching because I didn't play much. I'm playing more now so I hope I get lucky :p

For some reason, I always catch rare fish right off the bat, but then I have waaaayyy to much trouble catching the supposedly common ones. For example, I catch dorados and arowanas and arapaimas pretty frequently, but it took me a week to catch a catfish.

I caught a coelacanth on my second copy unexpectly. I also caught a golden stag two times in a row and 3 sharks in a row on the island once.

i'm only missing about 10 things to finish my encyclopedias but they are so hard to find! i haven't seen a walking leaf or scorpion in my town at all. :( i'm just hoping it'll spawn naturally as i play or i'll have some luck with my fishes before the season is over!

One night it was meteor showers and made a wish to catch a tarantula. The player just started and in 5 minutes I found one.

When the update came out with the coupon challenges my towns in summer caught items that were listed fast. Opened one players challenges and had donate a bug to the museum and catch a tarantula. The only bugs left to donate during the summer was the scorpion. Caught the scorpion and later caught the tarantula. With the coupon challenges I find that it takes less time and the bugs don't put up a fight. Usually 30 to 90 minutes and I have those bugs.

Back