• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Happy Halloween!

I won't be having my usual plans for Halloween this year. I won't be wearing a costume this year so I can save up some money. I'll probably watch some movies and attending some school parties in class without no costume.

I might decorate a little bit, but other than that I'm not doing anything. I haven't celebrated Halloween in years because I'm too old, so now it's just another boring day for me. :(

As usual I am planning on decorating my foyer all spooky, I am really hoping that this year I don't get a bout of depression during it, I didn't even bother dressing up in the costume I had planned, I basically just sat in the backyard and then spent a short time in the kitchen, then went to sleep. Each year my sister has some of her friends and their kids over so we have a little party, sometimes my mom's friends come as well. But yeah I am just hoping that I don't get depressed again so I can actually enjoy it.

decorate the house up a little bit, nothing fancy, just the typical fake spiderwebs and skeletons n' ghouls
go on a hayride to a pumpkin patch
go to a 'haunted' cornfield (the kind where actors dress up and chase you: werewolves, chainsaw guys, psycho killers etc)
and ofc the annual horror movie marathon! complete with home made treats and a bit of store-bought candy

I wish I could go trick-or-treating (I love dressing up, and hellooo free candy!) but being 22, the neighborhood frowns on my age group haha

decorate the house up a little bit, nothing fancy, just the typical fake spiderwebs and skeletons n' ghouls
go on a hayride to a pumpkin patch
go to a 'haunted' cornfield (the kind where actors dress up and chase you: werewolves, chainsaw guys, psycho killers etc)
and ofc the annual horror movie marathon! complete with home made treats and a bit of store-bought candy

I wish I could go trick-or-treating (I love dressing up, and hellooo free candy!) but being 22, the neighborhood frowns on my age group haha

Best thing to do if you want to trick-or-treat is go with people who have kids. =]

We don't really celebrate Halloween in Australia, but I like to get into the spirit of it in Animal Crossing. I also love to watch horror movies on Halloween. Also, Stranger Things S2 comes out on 27/10 so I know what I'm gonna be doing this Halloween hahah.

Last edited:
Not much I bet. A lot of my friends I met at my university are gone now. No excitement for me unless I find new friends

At work, my customers are always bringing me little sweets, a cold drink in summer, or a hot one in winter. Halloween is when I hand out candy - mini peanut butter cups, because I know the good stuff. ;)

My costume is the same each year, in large part because it's easy to work in. I'll wear a skirt and sweater (possibly black, but something from my everyday wardrobe) and I have a lovely witch's hat someone gave me a few years back. I picked up a black cauldron to hold the candy (the plastic ones they sell for kids to take trick-or-treating) and I have a Beanie Baby named Moonlight who sits on the edge of the cauldron and guards the goodies.

Even though it doesn't change, customers start asking around Labor Day if I'll be working and handing out candy.

So far, the only thing I have planned is to make cute Pokemon goody bags. I'll be packing some candy and some Pokemon cards & write a little note to trade cards with each other for fun. It was a big hit last year so I'm hoping it'll still catch on this year. :)

I'm hoping to decorate my place pretty soon. I wouldn't mind doing something more this year but no one I know enjoys spooky things like haunted houses or parties.

We'll just have my sister and her kid over for dinner. We can't afford gifts, but my sister always buys something for my mom and dad.

Who changed Hallows Eve (only way to get it written) to "Christmas" on this thread? Ugh.

Last edited:
Someone is destroying my evil pagan holiday by bringing Christ into it... Again! I will not tolerate this blatant attack on my religion!

I went on a huge Halloween bender and bought a million spooky things! I still need to post some pictures.
I bought a massive cauldron that I am going to fit with a fog machine and color changing lights!
I also got come cheap second hand book that I am going to papermache is look super old and stuff, it's going to be fun!
It's been a few years since I've made any decorations so I'm glad I have a few crafty things to work on!

Wearing my spooky socks, and now it's more appropriate being that it's actually Autumn/Fall now! Can't wait to put my wreath up and bring in the boxes of decorations from the garage. I know my poor skeleton has been so lonely out there all these months... I try to leave him out on a couch forever but my mom always puts him away. =[ I want him to be forever furniture!

Back