• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Need Opinion on Dream town!

Haydenv019

もらにふぇ て&
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
6697-9614-1784
森
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Feedback
100% (37) +
I currently dont have my 3DS on me at the moment, But I would like for people to take a look at my dream town and give an honest opinion on It. My dream code CURRENTLY is 4C00-009A-8F5F (Didn't realize I had a changed dream code, lol)

My older dream code was 4C00-0093-3345

My dream code BEFORE I reset my town (This was what, a month ago?)
4F00-0027-3B47

Have fun exploring! I only want an opinion on the current one ;P

Last edited:
I've checked it out. I feel like it's too much in progress honestly for me to say anything. Your paths you chose are cute. I'm assuming they're placed oddly in areas to block villager plots. Some areas felt like there could have been less path and more greenery but since the greenery isn't really done yet either..it's hard to say if that's the case. Houses weren't done so can't say much there either. I'm sure as you get more along, it'll all come together nicely.

Last edited:
I've checked it out. I feel like it's too much in progress honestly for me to say anything. Your paths you chose are cute. I'm assuming they're placed oddly in areas to block villager plots. Some areas felt like there could have been less path and more greenery but since the greenery isn't really done yet either..it's hard to say if that's the case. Houses weren't done so can't say much there either. I'm sure as you get more along, it'll all come together nicely.

I kinda screwed up with villager plots (since I have a fourth character already) so I kind of just improvised. I can already tell there are too much path, and less greenery, trying to get all the roads and designs done first so basically everything is set when I start planting things. For example, beau's house is kind of akward, so I just snaked through it with a 1x1 path. Also, what does "too much in progress" mean? ;-;

- - - Post Merge - - -

I also forgot to mention, I need to get those pwps first before my dreamies ;-;

So in my honest opinion it looked great in terms of your PWP placements. I love the Splatoon stuff, (mayor, cut out signs). It looked like you needed more greenery but other than that it looked like youre on a good track to a cool town! I like all the paths because its easy to run around and get where you need to go instead of backtracking. Just focus on bushes, trees and flowers!

I like all the paths because its easy to run around and get where you need to go instead of backtracking. Just focus on bushes, trees and flowers!

That was exactly what I was going for, I hate backtracking. Like I said in my previous post, I'm designing all the paths and everything so I can have a basic idea on what to plant than running around and thinking along the way :p

Bump! (Added a bunch of trees!)

oh, i love doing reviews, i'm down

.:fairview:.

i really like the paths you're using, and making sure there's corners around the bed is a good touch. it's generally really difficult with a town that's completely covered in paths (believe me, i have one, i know), but try and remember to fill in the paths before you update the dream so that the blank space in the plaza for redd/katrina/etc is filled. that's a super minor detail though, just for future reference.

11-space paths like the ones you're using that have multiple corners are really useful because you can curve around objects - consider putting the rock just above the plaza in the water, instead of in the path! it'd make it look more natural.

i love how you've kept out wisp's lamp! little items like that add a really nice effect.

the space around the town hall looks really good, and so does the zen bell to the left of it. what are you going to do with the grassy area? the white lillies look good with it! i also really like the path you've used with the green border -- it mixes things up a little bit, while sticking with the same general theme. it looks great around your plaza tree, too!!

i didn't really check out the houses much but i like that you took the time to make the characters say catch phrases from splatoon. i also really like that you left a splatoon hat out!!! clothes are fun. and since there's so much gear from splatoon you should be able to compile an outfit for people to wear while running around in your town. that's just an after thought though -- it's easy to focus on the small details of design ideas before working on the bigger parts of the picture.

this is gonna be a really fun town to develop! have a good time with it! i like what you've done so far!

Bump! (Silly me, I had an outdated dream code. The CURRENT ONE is in BOLD!)

Last edited:
Okay, I visited... I can see that it is still a work in progress, and fairly hard for me to critique. So before I do, some questions:

-What overall theme are you going for? I guess I can see that with the late late November being the setting, and pyramid structures and tons of water paths, that it might be a "Desert Oasis" theme, but the fairy tale exterior of a home and Pink brick paths show a Fairy Tale town...

-I noticed some paths you placed for blocking villagers. What type of attractions are you planning to put in those areas?

-I don't see much flower arrangements anywhere - the flowers just run wild. What types of flowers are you planning on using, and how are you going to decorate with them?

-How are you thinking of decorating your homes? They are all really empty right now... The way you decorate them will also help me figure out what you're going for.

-I see all the Splatoon cut-outs you have and the characters are Splatoon-themed as well... But not much else about your town really speaks the game. Are you thinking of adding to this?

Answering these questions will help me understand the intentions of your dream town for visitors.

Okay. Lets start from 1 to the end....

1. I planned to just roll with what feels comfy, But I decided to make a Splatoon themed town. Currently have someone working on a road design so it looks more modern like ;)

2. Its just plot resetting. I haven't thought what I should put there, (the water outlines are the spots where I want the villagers to move in)

3. Yeah, I know I need to get to work on my flowers. Gonna buy some on the market later.

4. Like I said, Splatoon themed! Still gonna ask the forums If they have Splatoon furniture and such, and need to fill my catalog so I have a wider choice on what to decorate the houses.

5. Like I said, Its Splatoon themed. Still working on it :(

Ah, okay. It looks like you have a lot to do then before it can be mature enough for me to critique, then. Good luck with your town!

Back