The Animal Crossing Movie

SpookyMemes

barely active
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Blue Hybrid Violet
Blue Hybrid Violet
So, I few days ago I decided to watch the Animal Crossing movie. It's called Dobutsu no Mori, and I think it's based off of AC:WW? Either way, I wanna know if anyone else has watched it? My favorite part of the movie was when Yū and Alfonso were buying the golden slingshot from Redd, and they didn't know it was basically a scam. I just thought it was funny because you could tell there was something suspicious about what he was selling, and he was doing that weird hand thing you usually see bad guys do in games or movies.

What do you guys think?

I'd like to watch it once but it's only Japanese right? Sigh yet another thing I could do if I could understand "Jap"

I'd like to watch it once but it's only Japanese right? Sigh yet another thing I could do if I could understand "Jap"

Actually, there are a lot of dubbings on the Internet in English, French and even Italian. o_O

I've seen the film and I agree, that is one of my favourite parts!
I don't read Japanese fluently (I am studying it) but I watched it with sub titles, and It was a nice innocent, chilled out film.
I really enjoyed it and recommend it to anyone who loves animal crossing :))

I watched the AC movie last year. I had to have subtitles on since I couldn't understand any Japanese. I watched a second time with the english dub and I have to say love those guys who dubbed it. The film itself was quite relaxing and adorable. I would rewatch it later on if I want to.

Just so you know, the term "Jap" is crude and insulting to the Japanese.

Last edited:
I watched the AC movie last year. I had to have subtitles on since I couldn't understand any Japanese. I watched a second time with the english dub and I have to say love those guys who dubbed it. The film itself was quite relaxing and adorable. I would rewatch it later on if I want to.

I watched it with subtitles too, but I don't think I can watch it with dubs. I hate dubs with a passion, I don't know why.

I don't understand it either, so I watched it with subtitles. Just look up the title and you can find a bunch of options!

I love the interactions between Ai and Sally (Margie). Some of them have even made me teary :')

Me too! After I watched the movie I went to go and look up Sally, ngl I was disappointed to find out her American name is Margie. Sally fits her so much better...

Being the anime fanatic that I am, I definitely watched it. It was so cute. I like the way Apollo was portrayed.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Subtitles!

I watched the movie with my boyfriend and best friend (who also play Animal Crossing) and I thought it was really cute. I liked it! Seeing the movie gave me good memories of playing Wild World! When I watched Ai doing her initial tasks and becoming friends with the villagers, I was like "I did that too. That was me" :D Also, it was cool seeing villagers and their personalities and saying "Omg I had that one in my town!" In a way, the movie felt like the game coming to life in my opinion.

Back