• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Well I fail.......

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
I chopped down the trees on my island and only kept the palm trees because it would be easier to beetle hunt. Well, little did I know, I didn't catch that one bug that is the giant stag now here I am, frantically trying to replant the trees.

Oy vei. I shouldn't be playing this game. I don't know what i'm doing. -_-

Whoops! It's easy to forget some of the other bugs only appear on the normal trees.

I have to admit I saw that your "I'll never restart again" thread and then the title of this one and thought you'd restarted again, like, an hour later LOL.

It's okay, they'll grow and you'll be able to catch the normal tree bugs again. :)
This game is immensely complex, no one knows everything... there's even a thread of "stuff you just found out" and after years playing people still discover new stuff. :)

You could visit Club Tortimer and catch it there if you need it right away. If players are there hop on the tour and when you come back you'll have the island to yourself. Start up a tour, catch the bug, cancel the tour and than go home.

I just have one or 2 trees on the grass to get those rare bugs.

LOL yeah, I planted the trees so in a few days, I should be able to get that last bug. That's the one thing I like about this game, you discover new things about it every day no matter how long you've been playing. I only knew I didn't catch the giant stag because I was looking at the wiki and I caught all of the stags except that one.

I was thinking about Club Tortimer. not because of the bug but because I was just curious about it.

You only need to plant one fruit tree in the centre, more trees will be a hindrance.

I have one fruit tree planted north, nearish to the hut and off to the right hand side. (on the centre earth area).
I have a central path I can run up and down, & fill the sides with flowers, - means I have to catch the butterflies (emperor at night) but they mount up selling to the little girl. (Leilani?).
The position of the fruit tree is such that I don't scare the bug on it - I can see it before that happens (just got to be careful veering round at the top by the hut).
I find this set up works brilliantly for bug catching. That one centre tree nets giant stag, rainbow stag & scarab as well as the more common bugs. 6am to 8am is a good time for catching the giant stag & the scarab.

I don't find that one tree or the flowers a hindrance to palm tree bugs spawning. (3 each side). I regularly get 420k + on a 40 min visit to the island (it includes one tour) Admittedly I'm on bell boom.

Back