Oh yeah, I'm definitely NOT restarting again

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I'm looking around my museum, as I do every few days just to bask in the creatures I caught and I thought to myself that most these creatures were irritating to catch, like the King Salmon and the ray, not to mention the undersea creatures that I had to dive to catch and still not done with that yet. Why would I put myself through having to catch this stuff again? For what?

Yeah, I think it's a safe bet that my restart days are over and if not, I'll just stop playing until the need to reset passes.

I mean, you can restart. Just don't bother going through the trouble to catch them all again?

Yeah, that would be nice if you want to have an practically empty museum

Edit: Also, true I can restart and not bother catching anything, but if I want a complete museum I kind of have to catch the fish and bugs and I don't want to put myself through that anymore. I'm not even close to completing anything in the museum yet. i'm not starting over. I have a pretty nice collection now, like I had in my previous towns.

Last edited:
Meh, I was fishing for maybe 20minutes today and got two king salmons and a ray. Anyway, my museum is done (apart from art) and I haven't been there once anyway. If I restart I won't bother.

It took me a while yesterday to catch a King Salmon and 2 hours this morning (and a 1000 bell trip to the island) to catch a ray. I guess some people are lucky enough to quickly catch fish and bugs that are considered rare. I'm not one of them, unfortunately.

Arowana took me two and a half hours. I feel your pain. Happened to catch one after another and now I keep one at my house haha.

I could never restart an animal crossing game LOL it's just so painstaking to catch all the bugs/fishes T_T

also to collect all the items I had to trade for... oh no that'd be crazy haha I love decorating so collecting all the items takes a good chunk of my time as well

we're in the same boat

except i hate my villagers housing places and i have no clue how to plot reset. also hate my placing of the caf?. :(

we're in the same boat

except i hate my villagers housing places and i have no clue how to plot reset. also hate my placing of the caf?. :(

To plot reset, create a new character (not your mayor or preexisting character) go through the blah blah blah with Rover, then run around your town with your new character and see where the new villager is plotted. If the villager plotted in a spot you like, then go talk to Isabelle in the town hall and get your house then talk to Isabelle again and the game will automatically save afterwards. You can then delete that character if you have no need for it and the villager house will still be plotted in the spot you want. If the villager isn't plotted in a good spot, exit the game, then create a new character and rinse and repeat until the villager is in a spot you want. Hope this makes sense.

we're in the same boat

HappyTails is totally right on how to plot reset. I just wanted to add that, before the villager has plotted their house, put QR codes wherever you DON'T want the villager to move. Cover any 3x3 space, as this is how much room a villager needs to place their house. You can use any QR codes, even the default ones. This makes it a lot easier to place houses if you know a villager is incoming. I did this with amiibo cards and got everyone to move into a nice line at the bottom half of my town (amiibo aren't necessary, but make the process easier). :3

Also, I'm sure you can make the caf? work eventually. I'm not sure what area you put it in, but you could situate your villagers around it and make it a neighborhood coffee house with flowers and stuff around it. I put mine near the Town Hall to make a "mini" Main Street.

I'm glad you aren't going to reset~ I think you'll enjoy the game just a little more this way. There's a special feel when you spend years developing a town and finally get to see it come together!

@ magicaldonkey

there are lots of guides on how to plot reset. I would read through at least 3 in case some have information that may no longer apply in the WA update or are just plain wrong.

I like my map, to be honest, I've like most of my maps in the past, I'm just a habitual resetter but my determination to make it to the T&T Emporium, something I've never accomplished in this game and my not desire to catch all these bugs and fish (most of which won't be available again until next year) again. I'm also determined to complete my museum. I'm not going to reset, I'm not letting myself. I'll put the game away and not play it until the desire to reset has gone away.

But the desire to reset hasn't showed up since I started this town. And I have an anti reset blog, my determination to get to the Emporium, and my real dislike of catching bugs and fish again, as kept me from resetting again.

I'm never going to reset either, and with similar reasons: I have the T&T Emporium, and the time it takes to get that upgrade really took a lot of doing. The same went for finally completing my art collection just today... You never know what you've lost until its gone. v_v

The museum is probably the main thing that will ever keep me from resetting, filling it out is tough!!
Especially those tarantulas and scorpions ><

Back