Switch
2396-9345-5408
Moon Ball
Mint
Ancient Lantern
Green Candy
Blue Candy
Yea I'm bored
The member list can allow you to view every member on the site (not including bots like Jingle, Zipper, Resetti, etc.) and can be organized to display the members with the most TBT to the least. With that said...
  • TBT has 115,922 total members. This means that 1,159 members are in the top 1%. When sorted by bells, the 1,159th member is a tie between cats_toy and arianndee, with 1,474 TBT each. If you have more than that, congrats you're in the top 1% of the richest members on the site!
  • Even between the top 1%, the richest member (Truffle, wonderful creator of the "I love JeanGiraffe!!" group. Jean pls come back ;_; ) has 48,531 more TBT than cats_toy and arianndee. Das a lot.
  • Members 71,913 to 115,922 (the bottom) all have 0 total TBT. That's 44,009 broke members and make up ~38% of all members on the site.
  • Members 58,960 to 71,912 have between 1 and 100 TBT (inclusive). 12,952 members in this range which are ~11% of the TBT population.
  • Members 10,056 to 58,959 have between 101 and 1,000 TBT (inclusive again). 48,903 members here, making up ~42% of TBT.
  • This leaves members 1,161 to 10,055, which have between 1,001 and 1,473 TBT, the cutoff point for the top 1% (inclusive ofc). 8,894 members here, only ~8% of the population.
  • So almost half of the members on the site have 100 or less TBT. I thought we lived in an age where the middle class was the biggest class, not the lower. This is what capitalism was meant to prevent. #TBTisAnOligarchy
Remember that this doesn't include any deposited bells. Most likely, not all 44,009 members on the bottom are genuinely broke, it's just that they deposited all of their TBT (ex. Apple2013 has 0 TBT displayed, but no way anyone active with over 7,000 posts is genuinely broke). Although something tells me that a big portion of those members are actually broke. 25th richest member hype

Most likely, not all 44,009 members on the bottom are genuinely broke, it's just that they deposited all of their TBT (ex. Apple2013 has 0 TBT displayed, but no way anyone active with over 7,000 posts is genuinely broke).

I'm not so sure I agree 100% with your policework there Cress...

I only have about 850 tbt. I get jealous of people tryin to sell stuff for like 2000 tbt like I don't even have half that much lmao ;-;

Tryin to think of a way we can fix this though... maybe people could stop tryin to sell collectibles for outrageous prices? (Like the pokeball... I understand it's super rare but why would you spend 19k tbt on it??)

bruh ur point w/ apple is bull**** i have over 10k posts and im broke

I, personally, think those that have been inactive for more than 5 years, should be sent 1-2 "warning" emails and then have there TBT balance removed. Once a month, that TBT "lump sum" could be dispersed amongst currently active members. (ie: you must post and/or log in at least once or a defined amount of times) per month in order to get a portion of that revoked bell balance. Orrrrr, reinstate the interest...orrrrrrr, make each post "earn" more than the current amount.

Several ways this could be done with a simple behind the scenes accounting program.

- - - Post Merge - - -

To add to that, nothing is more frustrating to stumble along an old thread and see someone from 2011 have 5,000+ bells....and have not been involved with the forum since 2011!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Bocho is not the extreme example I was looking for, but has more bells that the site owner and has not posted in 2 years!

Last edited:
yeah, we all broke. Rich members that have the best collectibles and the most tbt are mostly inactive. We've established this before though.

it'd be nice if there were a variety of ways you can earn tbt instead of just trading. like maybe a daily login bonus tbt or something to reward active members. many app games that i play employ this sort of thing.

tbt is inferior to collectibles

it'd be nice if there were a variety of ways you can earn tbt instead of just trading. like maybe a daily login bonus tbt or something to reward active members. many app games that i play employ this sort of thing.

This would be the best way to do it.

like maybe a daily login bonus tbt or something to reward active members. many app games that i play employ this sort of thing.

tbt is now f2p gacha

let's make the shop gacha too

500 tbt to roll for that toy hammer

.2% chance of success, no stacking

Ehhh

This doesn't really give a good indicator of the economy. It doesn't take into account users who are banned, and thus have their bells taken out of the economy.

I don't think you can really judge upper and middle class based off of bells alone. It's a good indicator, sure, but the value of collectibles should also be taken into account.

Back