• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I am catching a King Salmon, game, you can fight me all you want

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
I'm the human player and you are a game. You will not win.

*been walking from river mouth to above waterfall and back again for approx 30 minutes now* = determination.

Anyone else trying to catch this elusive fish?

I caught a salmon for the first time earlier today, the shadow was half hidden under the waterfall and I couldn't see the bobber at all, I had to rely totally on sound! Then I went up and down my beach to and from the waterfall and tried for the coelacanth while it rained...and then lost all motivation after one too many sea bass.

Lol I caught the salmon a few days ago. Now I'm trying for the much more elusive King Salmon.

Last edited:
It'll happen soon, I'm sure! I totally agree that being a human player is an advantage. The odds have to be in your favor against those pixels eventually.

I managed to get one yesterday... Yeah, it takes a while. Fortunately, September still has plenty of days left. :)

Oh it will happen. My determination and perserverance will win out against this game.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I managed to get one yesterday... Yeah, it takes a while. Fortunately, September still has plenty of days left. :)

Lucky! Lol

And that's true. Plenty of time

I haven't managed to catch one yet but I've caught plenty of dorado like way too many during one hour to be normal.

I can feel my frustration building. I think I am going to stop searching for now. But this isn't then end, game. I will win!

I finally caught one last year, but it sure did take me a while... I was like:

hHcM5CI.jpg

Literally right after I said I was stopping for a bit, this happened. Told you, game, you weren't going to win.

21433063_345990385843239_6177338787377297046_n.jpg

AND I also caught a gar.

- - - Post Merge - - -

hHcM5CI.jpg

LMAO!!! Although, my language when trying to catch it was a bit more colorful. XD

What is a KING SALMON!?! :O

It's a fish and like the salmon can only be caught in September. It can be found near the waterfall that's runs into ocean, then after the 15th it moves upstream into the river. If you want one, you should try catching it this month, because after September, this fish isn't available again until next year, unless you time travel.

Last edited:
It's a fish and like the salmon can only be caught in September. It can be found near the waterfall that's runs into ocean, then after the 15th it moves upstream into the river. If you want one, you should try catching it this month, because after September, this fish isn't available again until next year, unless you time travel.

Oh wow! I've only heard about this fish until now! Thank you for the tip. Hahaha. :)

Oh wow! I've only heard about this fish until now! Thank you for the tip. Hahaha. :)

You're welcome. Oh by the way, it's not found above the waterfall, only below it in the river mouth. It has large shadow roughly the same size as the dorado. And it's not a time specific fish. It can be found all day and night.

Last edited:

hHcM5CI.jpg

im dead

- - - Post Merge - - -

back in my old copy i tried to catch the salmon but i spent like hours and still got nothing. i gave up in the end rip

i've been trying to get one since september started and i've had no luck. in fact, i actually got two coelacanths just earlier. still not even a single normal salmon though, nevertheless a king salmon
maybe i just suck or the salmon hate me

Last edited:
Back