• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

All cat town???

all cat town?

• Total voters

Frisk999

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Should I get and all cat town? I like my villagers but having an all cat town would be fun.

Would it be a second town or replace your current one?

I know they're done pretty often, but I'd say go for it if you love the idea. I've considered all-cat or all-deer towns, just because I like their designs and they have great variety in looks and personality types :3

I personally like variety in my villagers, but I guess if that floats your boat, then go for it.

As the mayor of an all-wolf town, I see it both ways. (Spoiler: I have so many cartridges that experimentation never results in any real loss) The down side, so far, has been one of them planning to move out *every other day* so you may have to monitor the slippery little varmints daily. Also, the personality types are limited. While this is fine for one village out of many, I much prefer to have a mix. I won't be doing this again.

I think all same species towns are super cute, though for some reason I can't do them justice. I actually did have an all cat once (4A00-0055-722E). I got bored of it as soon as I finished though....then I tried and all sheep...and I didn't finish before I restarted as well. Now I'm trying different species.... all different.

Last edited:
Yeah,if you have just one town to play with I'd stick to having a variety of villagers.Limiting yourself to just one species would get a bit dull over time I think.

As the mayor of an all-wolf town, I see it both ways. (Spoiler: I have so many cartridges that experimentation never results in any real loss) The down side, so far, has been one of them planning to move out *every other day* so you may have to monitor the slippery little varmints daily. Also, the personality types are limited. While this is fine for one village out of many, I much prefer to have a mix. I won't be doing this again.

*When you have 4 Crankies, one smug, one normal, and one snooty wolf :3

I know someone who has a really pretty all cat town called Catlanta. It's a nice theme but it is done pretty often. Do whatever you want though! I noticed you have some pretty good villagers in your town right now (in my opinion) so you'd lose a couple of those in your quest for making them all cats. Be sure to get good value out of those you may move out.

I personally find having different villagers that are different species is more fun but if you want an all cat town and it makes you happy then I'd say go for it!

*When you have 4 Crankies, one smug, one normal, and one snooty wolf :3

Getting there...Mine are: 4 Cranky: Lobo, Wolfgang, Fang and Chief. 2 Smug: Kyle and W. Link. 3 Snooty: Whitney, Vivian and Freya. 1 Normal: Skye.

Last edited:
I think you should but I love cats irl so I'm obviously biased lmao. As long as you keep a variety of personality types it shouldn't be boring.

I'm trying to do this myself so clearly, I'm a bit biased haha but I just love the idea. (and cats, of course)
Do whatever you want and makes you happy, maybe after a while with a town full of cats you'll be tired of it but you can change it afterwards. It's not as if it was something that would stay forever no matter what, plus even if you want your old villagers back half of the cycling will already be done.
Have fun! :)

I really wanted to do an All Cat Town, but I love Muffy, Coco, and Jeremiah too much to think about kicking them out. If I ever get another copy of the game I might do an All Cat Town though! Cats are hands down my favourite species in the game.

I'm the mayor of an all-deer town (2nd time), and I must tell you that if you get an all cat town, you might get bored fast and regret it.
Since you like the villagers you currently have, honestly you should keep them, unless you're like me.
I have an all deer town because I loved Erik, Beau, Diana, Bruce, Bam and Zell, and since they're all deers, I though why not?
I grew to love all of them, because I noticed I simply love the deer design. It's perfect.

Of course if you really feel like it, and have some spare money, you could buy an extra copy of animal crossing.
Otherwise you get your cat town, and if you regret it, you just have to tt for a bit to get your current villagers back.
Or, just think about it for a while more. It's a big thing, chooing out your beloved villagers. :)

Back