Leaf Ticket Easter Egg
Coco
Black Feather
Peach (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Isabelle
New Leaf Token
Pinky
I feel like im just wasting space and time here making threads about me complaining about my life and expecting others to pity me because i dont have anyone to do that...you guys are just strangers idek why im complaining to random people here i should just keep my mouth shut. what benefit do i even get from this. nothing. nobody wants to listen to me or care, so why try bothering people.

i also dont feel like i fit in here because im younger than most people. tbh i feel like im surrounded by highschoolers and mostly adults. nobody to really relate to when everyone is way older than me. people also kinda makin fun of me/ignoring because im younger im sorry i guess young people like me should just stay away...

im becoming more stressed and sad now that sometimes i feel like im gonna post some dumb thread about me crying or something i dont wanna bother people like that anymore. im already bothering the mods alot telling them to close my threads whats even the point of making more and more

also dont think im "cool" enough here or anything.

i joined for trading in acnl again because back in 2015 i used this place only for trading, now i came back and my only intention was trading and making friends but then it became more than that. And i dont play or like acnl as much as i did before, so i dont trade much/have motivation to trade.

ive shared so much here if my parents somehow find out about me using this forum AGAIN after my mom told me not to go on these things theyre gonna kill me. ik im stupid and shouldnt say so much to strangers online but thats hard to do when you dont have anyone in real life to talk my feeling with...

so yeah should i leave

I can't make that choice for you, because I can't decide what will work for you and what works. I wouldn't be worried about not being cool enough though, I never thought you were younger than most of us. If you like coming here and it helps you, then maybe you could consider staying. If you end up feeling just as bad or worst, then maybe you shouldn't stick around.
I'm sure many Tbt users would be willing to talk to you if you ever need it, including myself. ( though if you want to talk to someone younger maybe I'm not the best to go to because I'm a freshman in high school. I don't know how old you are though)

It's honestly up to you, not entirely sure if making a thread asking if you should will turn out well anyways.
Nothing positive or good will ever come from telling people that they don't care, if anything it will just drive people away. That may be why you're not receiving the interaction you desire, something I've realized in life is if you have a negative outlook and spread negativity, it's just going to find its way right back to you.
Age doesn't matter on the site, and I'm sure people don't specifically pay attention to your age either, I see lot's of people not in highschool and under 18 using the site. Like Animal Crossing it's an all-inclusive forum, everyone is welcome.
If a website on the internet is really causing you to be stressed or feel significant negative emotions than you shouldn't be on the site, it's not healthy nor important enough to do so.
Friends aren't made overnight, friendship takes lots and lots of time to develop, I've been on the forum for over a year now and haven't made any friends. It's something that takes time and will come when it's meant to.

If this site is really so unhealthy for you that your parents also feel as though you shouldn't be on the site, then you should, for your own well-being. But it's really up to you, a game and online community isn't worth any sort of damage that it could be doing.

half of the things that come out of my mouth are either really stupid or really weird. instead of thinking that people judge me for it, i just try to come up with something that's twice as better than what i just said to make up for it. if you feel like your posts are dumb just try my 50% rule. people will focus on the really great thing and not the semi-bad thing.

If you think it's for the best, go right ahead. But why don't your parents want you on this site.:confused:

Honestly age shouldn't be a concern to you. Don't worry if you're younger than everyone else. I'm 18 and I have a hard time fitting in, but usually what I do is I find random threads and comment on them, or make a thread that might intrigue people or catch their attention (like my song rating thread).

And if you're worried about making rant threads that are irrelevant, you could just limit your rants to posts in the "What's Bothering You?" thread. When I need to rant and its not really relevant in any way, that's where I go.

I almost never play New Leaf, especially since I'm in college now, but I still get on this forum to talk to people and post random nonsense. To me that's what this placr is about. Just a bunch of losers who like Animal Crossing coming together and posting dumb stuff all the time.

And don't worry about your parents too much, if my parents knew I joined back in 2011 they would've killed me (I was about 12 when I joined). Luckily, 6 years later they still don't know I talk to people online.

If you feel like you're bothering people by venting, and you really need someone to hear you out, you can always reach out to some close friends on here through PM. I consider most of the people on my friends list close friends, and I know you're on my list. I know that's terribly cliche, but I aldo know that there are quite a few people on here who vent to me cause I'm always open to listen to complaints, cause I know y'all would do the same for me.

If you feel like you need to leave, then that's your choice. I just hope it gets better for ya :)

Last edited:
I mean if it's damaging your mental health you might want to leave, but I think you shouldn't take it so seriously just come here and have some fun and make some friends or something and try to avoid making threads that are akin to diary entries :)

I understand why you feel self-conscious after sharing personal things in posts, but I think it's natural to want to talk to someone about your life. It probably won't help much coming from me, but you really don't need to feel bad about it

Also, I've gotten the impression people like you and care; why else would they spend their time writing responses to your threads?

IMG_0190.jpg

Sometimes I like looking through this artist's cute work when I feel down <click>

Last edited:
I'm not super great at talking to people about these things but all I can really say is that for a long time I felt like I didn't fit in or that no one here liked me. but when I stepped back to look at all of it I saw a lot of evidence to the contrary. not everyone will like you, but never worry about fitting in. That's the one rule I have. Diversity is the spice of life. Not everyone should think or act the way you do. just be you bro. Not everyone will like the real you but people can tell when you're being fake and when you're honest with them they can appreciate it.

No. You don't have to leave. No one's telling you to leave. No one wants you to leave.

If you leave, I think you'll regret it. You still come here, you're still posting regularly, you've created an art thread and made so much tbt. You've made it so far, I don't think it's worth throwing away. I've been through the exact same thing on another forum when I was your age. I felt I didn't fit in, I felt that I was constantly bothering people (because yes, I used to make threads about myself and my problems) and thought I was bringing the whole forum down. I let me feelings and insecurities take over after making it so far in the forum. I even left a moderating position because of it. And boy, did I regret it so much and still do regret it to this day. Please don't make the same mistakes that I have made. It's okay to feel like a downer every so often, I can totally relate to that. But don't let those feelings rule you.

As far as making threads, it's probably best to stick to the "What's Bothering You" and "Place Your Random Thoughts" threads rather than making new threads all the time (not that I've seen many from you anyway). I post edgy/angsty stuff there all the time. In fact I think everyone does! It's my way of ranting, because like you I don't have anyone who I can talk to like that in real life. I think that's totally fine, it's better than keeping it bottled up. You never know, someone might see your posts there and start chatting to you about it. I've met friends through those threads, so you might do too!

I don't think the age thing is really a big factor. I'm 19 and I still post edgy stuff. As long as you act in a mature way and know when to step back when things are getting tense, then it shouldn't be a problem. You don't come off as immature to me, plus there are still people around your age here too.

But as the others have said, if it's significantly affecting your health then it might be a sign telling you it's time to take a break from the site. Not leaving, but a break. Just take a step back and think what you really want to get out of this site. Maybe explore other sites. Explore different fandoms. Focus on your art for a bit. Having said that, I think you're always welcome to come back here and interact and focus on the positives :)

If people are making fun of you on tbt, then you should probably report them. However, if tbt is taking a toll on you, then maybe you should put aside internet forums and go outside and make some friends in real life that are your age.

I feel you. Everyone feels uncomfortable, and when you feel like you post things that dont seem appropriate, or doesn't seem "mature" or "cool", All of a sudden, you become depressed that someone will think of you as a weird person. I feel like that all the time.
Hell, Im a freshman, and I'm trying really hard to act like an adult, which I dont know why.
I didnt even know you were younger, (I actually have no clue what is your age, so pardon me) I just thought you were a chill person who likes to hang out in the forums like me.
I joined the forums 2 MONTHS ago, and I still feel uncomfortable.
I end up breaking a rule here or there, and it makes me want to work harder NOT to, but I still end up doing something wrong. so, I just post what seems best for me.

Remember, we're all here for you. You dont have to bottle up your feelings and become depressed all the time.

Also, like the others said, if it IS affecting your mental health, or screwing up your time schedule, it would be best to TAKE A BREAK, NOT LEAVE!
Everyone is welcome here. Dont feel ashamed of what you do.

i think ur being too self conscious, every single person on here is an absolute weirdo and u have nothing to feel ashamed about no matter what ur age is! i do think u should take a break however as a forum shouldnt have this lvl of influence on ur life, log out, chill out and come back when ur feeling ready!

The forums is dead anyway. I'm amazed it hasn't closed down like most forums have.

- - - Post Merge - - -

That said, don't worry about age. We all were young. We all did **** we regret. Life happens. No one judges people for their youth. If they do, it just means they did worse.

i honestly saw you as someone who fitted in well. i didn't see you as someone who complained all the time and i looked at your threads and there were a handful of people willing to help, i would have tried to help too but i had nothing to say that could help, i'm also guessing that more people would have helped if they had found something to say too
it's also pretty petty to make fun of someone because of their age, maybe they were being lighthearted about it but i'll admit i can take things the wrong way too (if you are, i dont know, i havent seen what theyve said)
your view to this site right now is pretty unhealthy. you think you're a burden to everything but it's not true. i guess it's more of your parents that are unhealthy
maybe log off for a week and then see how you feel about it, and come back if you feel like coming back, but if you feel like you're better off without it it is your choice

if you wanna leave then leave
if you wanna stay then stay... dont ask us bc its up to you unless you actually get banned

I would say there's no NEED to leave, but maybe working on not posting personal information if that makes you feel bad. You use the art forums often, so I'd think you'd definitely be missed ^^

I tend to feel bad when I leak my guts, so I try keep it pretty light with strangers these days. I also think sometimes its not that people don't care, its just that there might not be much they can say to make it better :-(

Maybe try use the site less, and if you feel ok with that, leave? but I think you might not feel any better when you do that.... but its up to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back