• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Does the grass bother you?

I never even noticed the town hall had a different color :eek:
always reset for the placement of the retail/ town hall, plaza... for me , it's a must that they all be located on the top part of the map.
And the river has to have up and down loops. Everything else is pretty much fine with me. It just happened that this time around I also got apples (which is my favorite... the last time I had pears).
I sort of wanted my new town to have the same format as my old town which was this: IMG_6976.jpg

Yeah to me it's one of those things I noticed immediately so it would really irk me. I don't mind too much the placements of everything else as long as those 4 things were what I wanted. I prefer my map to have a "stairs" like look as it feels nice and even to me. And I guess beach on the right as it makes my museum be on the left side of Main Street.

2b752u.jpg

I like to line up my three character houses all side by side, and line up my villager houses alll side by side at the bottom, which is why my map is perfect for me...though in my old map I never really got it completely like that since I reset ahead of time . I really like the stair though, I have never noticed it before while resseting, is it not common?

Haha I like all my villagers to be in groups of 3 if possible around town to make it seem not so barren, kind of pretending like it's different neighborhoods. Besides the two side by side near my house, all the others are moving and I'm moving the bridge in between those 2 to be closer north where the random house above town hall is.

I've seen the stair shape village every once in a while through resets, mostly with the beach on the other side though.

I'm so oblivious I didn't even know there were different grass shape until I started posting in this forum. Before I reset I think my old town had square shaped grass. It didn't really bother me because I had QR codes and flowers everywhere but I can see how it could annoy someone. My new town has circle shaped grass which apparently leads to star shaped snow? Idk I've never played in the winter time so I'm kind of excited to see what it looks like.

My current town has circle grass, but I've always liked both it and triangle best. I'm trying to picture what you mean by "lines" and just can't visualize it at the moment. Do you just mean the individual lines that make up the three sides of the shape?

If that's it, I can see preferring the smoother look of the circles. Personally, I find the triangles extremely cute - exactly because they are slightly edgy (lol) in an otherwise very soft game. I'd say give it some time and see if you either start liking or ignoring the lines

I literally am not bothered by the patterns on the grass at all. I find the square grass can be a bit weird when I'm running around, but it's not exactly a game changer - I mean literally, if it's that annoying, you can always just find qr codes for the other patterns and lay them over the top of your grass areas. It's a long process, but not as long as resetting...

I just think it can be really hard to find a decent map, and it's not worth giving up just because of the grass pattern.

Like with all the other things that pick away at my brain when deciding on the 'perfect' village, i wish they just let me tear up the grass and lay down sod of my preferred pattern or something

Nope, not really.

In the old games, triangle grass was the one who would lead to star shaped snow in the winter but I guess they decided to change that in new leaf.
My 4 things I always reset for
Brown Town Hall, Brown train station, circle grass and either apples or cherries as native fruit.

Actually it was just random (in the GameCube version only) I have Triangle grass in my GameCube town and in the winter it changes to square snow.

Last edited:
I don't care for the shape of the grass at all. If I would now care for it and still continue with the resetting, just because the town doesn't have the grass shape I want, then I guess I would stuck
in a never ending reset-madness, lol. I'm already happy when I find a town which has one of
my favorite town fruits tbh.

Last edited:
When I started new leaf, I didn't know much about it, including that there was different grass shapes! I just chose one of the towns from the first four that was given to me and stuck with it. When I learned later that there was different shapes I'm actually glad I got circle grass, it's the best one imo and it turns star-shaped in winter! which is a great bonus haha especially for my town theme (space)

I only hate the eroding feature of the grass, tbh I never really cared about the shape of it...

Back