• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Giveaway [New winners] New, back-to-school big giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Giddy
Mayor: Heidi
Town: Ereta
My friend code is in side bar.
Why do you want to win? - Entering these giveaways are fun, even if I win or not. :)
Have a great day~

TBT Username: demondays
Character/mayor name: Kitten
Town name: Larkinge
FC: Sidebar
Why do you want to win?: I've always found giveaways to be a really nice thing to do for other people trying to complete their town/catalog/etc... Which is why I want to win, I want to finally complete my first town that I've been working on for about two ish years now :") thank you for the opportunity!

TBT Username: JollyOli
Character/mayor name: Lazlo
Town name: Woofwood
FC: 1177-6888-7075
Why do you want to win?: This is a good question... well the main thing to note is no one here really needs to win. It's a beautiful game with so much fun involved and such great inter-player dynamics - I mean it's brought me here to talk to some great people where we share our love of the game and what I always find funny is how things are prescribed value on the forums! Anyway, my reason for wanting to win is this: I already had the game and a beautiful town with over 500 hours playtime; I loved it, but I also fell out of love with it for a long time because I felt like I had gotten everything I could out of it. That changed... I recently got into a relationship with my best friend of four years and its been an incredible 5 months together, but he has had to move a long way away for a new job. Because of this I had an idea, since we'd been gaming together recently, I went and bought another copy of ACNL with the idea that we could visit each other's town from far away and together we started over just two weeks ago. I was really sad about losing my old town but found a way to keep sentimental things (for example I have buried cherry trees from fruit directly from my old town). I completely forgot about the museum rooms I had safely stored lots of rare items and I would love the opportunity to maybe regain a few of those lost items and share them with my partner who, as of Monday, I helped move down the opposite end of the country. I guess it would be cool to win something for each other - get some rare items to be excited about that would bring some love to the game (he's still in that phase of newbie animal crossing where he just collects any furniture and puts it in his house, it's pretty funny, reminds me of what I was like when I played Animal crossing Wild World!) - I rejoined the game and I'm still getting used to a lot of the updates, and I heard about the console minigames that were added - haven't had an opportunity to play those yet either. So it would also be really cool to try out something new about the game with my partner because I'm so familiar with it, there are few and far between moments where we're both freshly impressed by a moment in the game, because I already know so much about it. But it's funny... the game makes us feel like we're together in some small way; I write silly notes on his noticeboard, I surprise him by paying off his public works projects, I look out for furniture I know he'd like - we get to share this great multiplayer world that makes us feel like we can easily visit each other, and we spend hours on the phone while playing. Today was his first day at his new job and he really missed me, and I wish I could have been there, but instead we just talked about funny stories while doing manic island tours together ahaha it definitely cheered him up and helped him relax. I guess regardless if I win this giveaway, this competition has made me reflect on how special this game has been to me, and now is to us. So I hope you enjoyed the story as much as I loved writing it because it's rare to think about this game in such a light. But yeah! It's a game that brings people together in a beautiful way. I would LOVE to introduce him to these forums through this giveaway because I think it would help show him how fun it is to get involved in the online-forum side of the game! He's never had online friends before and it's hard to get him to relate to the fact that I have a friend on skype who I met on here who lives in Japan XD Maybe this competition could show him new parts of the game and how it extends into other types of social networking!

Last edited:
TBT Username: TheMayorLink
Character/mayor name: Matthew
Town name: Leafland
FC: 2809-7699-7404
Why do you want to win?: Giveaways have always been fun, and I have never entered an Animal Crossing giveaway. All of these prizes are very useful, whether it be the whopping 10 million bells, or some of the 7-Eleven set, or parts of the sweet, sweet, sweet set. Even if I lose, well, it was worth a shot! :D

TBT Username: Warrior
Character/mayor name: Tara
Town name: Yonder
FC: < under name
Why do you want to win?: Recently coming back to the game, and I'm dirt broke! I'd also like to have a chance to pick up some hybrids ^^

4 people did not like the first post :( also can someone recommend me a random name-picking website?

TBT Username: Karminny
Character/mayor name: Karminny
Town name: Pylos
FC: 4141 4314 6986
Why do you want to win?: Im starting a new town after losing the copy ive had for 2yrs, and i would like to have stuff for my town

This is a really nice giveaway you're doing here! I can't enter because I don't have online access on my 3DS atm (and I don't really need the items anyways) but I'll say good luck to the people who've entered! :D

TBT Username: Rayta27
Character/mayor name: Ray
Town name: Raytopia
FC: 3712-1294-8739
Why do you want to win?: Well i never win anything so winning this would be a nice change of pace for me.

This is a really nice giveaway you're doing here! I can't enter because I don't have online access on my 3DS atm (and I don't really need the items anyways) but I'll say good luck to the people who've entered! :D

Thanks for the luck! ^~^ Sorry that you can't enter!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I went to behindthename.com and I don't really get it XD

Ah, sorry, my friend! Good luck!

I see that behindthename.com is for picking baby names? XD I want something for picking winners, not that stuff

- - - Post Merge - - -

Here's a website I found.
Basically you make a list of items (in this case, usernames) and it puts said items in random order. You can use the top 3 usernames as your top 3 winners. Idk if you want to do this way but it's just a suggestion.

I'll try, thanks.

I see that behindthename.com is for picking baby names? XD I want something for picking winners, not that stuff

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'll try, thanks.

Ack, I'm so sorry, I should have realized!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ack, I'm so sorry, I should have realized!

Wheel Decide is a good website! You can just add the usernames, and spin the wheel!

TBT Username: Pawpatrolbab
Character/mayor name: Nate
Town name: Toronto
FC: 2595-2472-2033
Why do you want to win?: Idk, trying to get back into ACNL again as a stress-reliever so I figured why not enter

TBT Username: 5cm/s
Character/mayor name: claire
Town name: mistvale
FC: in signature :)
Why do you want to win?: going back to school forces me to play a lot less and i've been getting so stressed with my workload- winning this would make my day! :) tysm for doing this by the way, it's very sweet of you!

TBT Username: Dhar
Character/mayor name: Dhar
Town name: Barstow
FC: 1478-5570-7423
Why do you want to win?: Got back into the game, recently! And, winning neat stuff is fun! :)

TBT Username: EvieEvening23
Character/mayor name: Maili
Town name: Meridale
FC: in my sig
Why do you want to win?: I'm trying to catalog and hoard as many unorderable items as possible. Also, I like joining giveaways! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back