6697-9614-1784
森
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Feedback
100% (37) +
Thats it. I'm done looking for the elusive sidewalk designs
A random person posted on reddit.
Dydqyy3.jpg
I am making a contest. Whoever can manage to make a replica of those designs will be awarded 150 TBT, (Maybe even more, who knows) depending on the level of design.
Splatoon_hub_world.jpg
This is just for reference, but I would really prefer for it to look like the first image (JUST THE SIDEWALK PEOPLE!)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well, I'm going to bed. Have fun.... *yawn*

I think this should be placed in the Museum, but I think I can make one.

Such an old thread, (bump anyways!)

I legit, would be the happiest TBTer in the planet if someone could do this for me

Last edited:
Hi! So just to check, You're just looking for someone to replicate the patterns from the first picture? So if I'm looking right, you'd need: vertical 2-wide path, horizontal 2-tall path, horizontal crosswalk and a center yellow roundabout arrow thing(?). So, about how many total designs would that be? (little too tired to want tothink right now) I'm actually about to go to bed now, but tomorrow I could take a crack at some preliminary designs if you're interested?

Hi! So just to check, You're just looking for someone to replicate the patterns from the first picture? So if I'm looking right, you'd need: vertical 2-wide path, horizontal 2-tall path, horizontal crosswalk and a center yellow roundabout arrow thing(?). So, about how many total designs would that be? (little too tired to want tothink right now) I'm actually about to go to bed now, but tomorrow I could take a crack at some preliminary designs if you're interested?

Hmm... Judging by the picture (not counting those little scribbles on the road, since it'll take up 4 spaces)
Its an estimate of 16 Designs, which, is, alot less than I thought it would be...
So, here is how it WORKS...
OOOCCOOO
OOORROOO
OOOSSOOO
CRSMMSRC
CRSMMSRC
OOOSSOOO
OOORROOO
OOOCCOOO

O = Empty space, or Gray road. Which takes only 1 space
S = Sidewalk things (l l l l l) which take up 4 spaces
R = Normal path design, which take up about 4 design spaces (also determines how long you make the road, you get what I mean?)
M= the middle, which takes up 4 Designs
C = the corner designs, which take up 4 design spaces
This will be super hard to explain by text, since It took a bit to figure how much designs it will take. The 4 designs on the top and bottom are normal, a.k.a. 4 in total, then you need the sidewalk thingy (l l l l) which totals it up to 6. Same as the sides, which sums up to 12.. Then you have that middle design, which adds another 4 designs, which equals 17. Then that extra gray design, (to fill up the grass spots) which sums up to 17

This took super long to explain, and is still probably very confusing. Lmk if you need help understanding (my bad!)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Woops, The ending was a mistake! (I dont want to edit my super long post, since it'll penalize me by taking the TBT I just earned for doing that ;-;

*Yaaaaawn* I'm back now. It doesn't seem super, so I'll definitely take a crack at it. The only problem I think I may run into is that my alt villager doesn't have the sewing machine yet, and I wouldn't want to overite any designs until I see how they all look. It may end up being a few days extra because of that, but I'll try to keep you posted on any updates.

Hello again! I did my first bit of te work on it and wanted to get your first impressions and opinions.
image.jpg
I've set up the vertical paths so that you'll be able to insert as many filler ones in between the top corners as you'd want. I haven't done the spiral in the middle area yet because my initial design was a little sloppy. I ended up having to take creative liberties on the "roughness" of the street, but I believe it's pretty good. The color of the road is variable, of course, so if you'd like me to darken it in the final design, let me know (I'll be sure to add a new picture when it's daytime to provide a better view of the color).

So, looking good so far? Any comments?

Awesome! Its actually looking good so far. Only comment is that the outline could use just a teeny bit more detail and shade, so it doesn't look so simple. Also, just a tiny bit more darker (you dont have to, but definitely would help!) Whatever floats your boat, since your doing it for me ;P

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, keep the middle design, adding to the circular pattern! It'll look good, since I'll have a lot of +'s and l-'s!

- - - Post Merge - - -

P_20170914_212456_HL.jpg
P_20170914_212631_HL.jpg

Attachments

• P_20170914_212631_HL.jpg
    P_20170914_212631_HL.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Hi! First off, I'll be sure to implement some shading detail onto the white. Additionally, it'd be no problem to darken it a bit (super easy, no hassle). Just to ask, when you say to keep the middle design, are ypu refering to the ciculat white arrows? Because I intend to put those in, just haven't drawn them on yet.

Basically, this is how much elbow room I'm working with 18 I believe... If I really have to, I'll take out my 6 design space water paths (to surround villager houses) so I can have a total of 24 spaces. It'll take a while to work this out, but we'll get there :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hi! First off, I'll be sure to implement some shading detail onto the white. Additionally, it'd be no problem to darken it a bit (super easy, no hassle). Just to ask, when you say to keep the middle design, are ypu refering to the ciculat white arrows? Because I intend to put those in, just haven't drawn them on yet.

Yes! Keep the yellow arrow ones AND the circular design, so It doesn't have that on every single crossroad I make (I have a ton, trust me.)

If you want to see the town I'm working with, my DA is underneath my FC! (The NN ID) or you can visit me!

Ok! I get you now, you want a crosswalk with the white ring and one with just the yellow then, right? Also, there wasn't one shown in the original picture, but would you also like a sidewalk for vertical paths? I know your space is a bit limited, but if you're interested, I can make that too.

Ok! I get you now, you want a crosswalk with the white ring and one with just the yellow then, right? Also, there wasn't one shown in the original picture, but would you also like a sidewalk for vertical paths? I know your space is a bit limited, but if you're interested, I can make that too.

There is no true paths without vertical lines lol. That would be much appreciated, (Remember, I have plenty of elbow room! I just dont want to erase the actual water spaces, which take up about 14 spaces.... Then you have my two clothing spaces, which means, I have 24 spaces available.

Just a thought I had, though. If we're looking at only 24 designs max (assuming you'd drop the water designs), it might actually be too few to get a full range of the designs.

Just running off a total of designs here: vertical corners up and down (4 patterns), horizontal corners left and right (4 patterns), yellow crossroad (4 patterns), spiral crossroad (4 patterns), blank vertical roads (2 patterns), blank horizontal roads (2 patterns), horizontal crosswalk (2 patterns), writing on left side of road path (the one I have on the road of my example, presumably one for each direction, so 4 patterns) and a plain empty road space (1 pattern). That'd total 27, and that's before I'd make an optional horizontal sidewalk. So I'm thinking that you'd want to either drop some of the writing with arrow on road paths (still working on a better name) or possibly pick one of the two crossroads so we can keep the count within our total.

Sorry for ranting, but I figured it'd be a good idea to get the total out since you gave me a number to work with. Hope I made it understandable enough.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Heads-up: I'm on the East coast, so it's nearly 1:30 where I'm at, so I need sleep now.....zzzzz....huh!? Oh yeah, I was just saying that I'm going to bed now. seeya!

Just drop the roads with the writing on them, it takes up space. It should equal about 23 now! (If your going to bed, gn!)

Last edited:
Hi! Back for another update! I ended being fairly busy today, so I didn't have a ton of time to work on it, bur I did put some fresh work in. Alright, first off, I darkened the color of the road by two shades or so as per your request (sorry the picture is dark again). I also added some light texture shading to the white (went over some parts with a one shade darker white). I ended up re-doing the segmented outside line so it would stay consistent regardless of path length. I have two designs made for the corners (shown in picture) because I realized in order to keep things standardized (and the pattern count lower) I'd have to make a teensy change to the corner designs. I figured, assuming your okay with the changes, you could just pick whichever you preferred. Finally I made up the design of the White arrows for the second roundabout we talked about previously. Does it look good to you?

Here's the progress report!
image.jpg

I think I've about covered everything for an initial post, so just drop a like on here whenever you get on.

Looking neat as always! I'm not complaning about anything.
Keep up the good work ;P

Good to know! I'll do more work tomorrow. Depending on how much time I have, I my be able to wrap it up tomorrow even!

Hi! I hope you don't mind me saying, but I just got in now after a long day, so I probably won't be working on it today. I hope you understand. On a better note, I was reworking the numbers, and I think I'll be able to get the writing arrow paths in and still be at 24 total patterns, so that's good!

Hi! I hope you don't mind me saying, but I just got in now after a long day, so I probably won't be working on it today. I hope you understand. On a better note, I was reworking the numbers, and I think I'll be able to get the writing arrow paths in and still be at 24 total patterns, so that's good!

Awesome! I totally understand your tired. Take your time!

Back