• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Is it true amiibo card villagers don't leave naturally?

Ably.Saucey

Count your Many Blessings
Bells
Switch
5195-6588-2889
Orange Balloon
Father's Day Carnation
Spring Sakura
Blue Hybrid Violet
Purple Violet
Red Pansy
White Violet
Famous Mushroom
Spring Shamrock
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Just curious, I keep finding conflicting answers.
70% of the answers are yes, but it takes forever.

Thanks

p.s ans I'm mean just normal amiibo villager cards, not any special characters like like wolf link or chai.

Last edited:
I think it just takes a while, but Muffy was one of my newer amiibo villagers from like last month I think and she just asked to move out the other day. It surprised me. I don't TT in that town either.

I know if you adopt a villager scanned in from someone else. That they ask to move out just as much as a camper.

No clue on the success rate of getting ones you scanned in to move out naturally.

I'm 99% sure it just takes a long time for them to move out. Probably because the game figures you want to keep them in your town if you scanned them in and told them to move in.

I did an experiment in my old cycling town.I purposely moved in Amiibo card villagers to see how many it would take for them to start pinging to move.Once I hit eight Amiibo card villagers,they began to ping.One of my regular towns has six Amiibo card villagers but none of them have pinged to move since I started scanning them in late last year,so eight might be the "magic number".Other players have said that card villagers do ping to move without having there be a specific amount of them in a town and that it just takes a lot longer for them to do so compared to natural villagers but I haven't seen any proof of that so far.

I did an experiment in my old cycling town.I purposely moved in Amiibo card villagers to see how many it would take for them to start pinging to move.Once I hit eight Amiibo card villagers,they began to ping.One of my regular towns has six Amiibo card villagers but none of them have pinged to move since I started scanning them in late last year,so eight might be the "magic number".Other players have said that card villagers do ping to move without having there be a specific amount of them in a town and that it just takes a lot longer for them to do so compared to natural villagers but I haven't seen any proof of that so far.

Oh interesting, I think I do have 8 villagers I scanned in manually

That would make sense I guess, but I just want one amiibo villager...

That would make sense I guess, but I just want one amiibo villager...

Get one villager that you really,really like because you'll probably have them for a while.Plucky was the first Amiibo card villager I scanned in not long after the update last November and she's never pinged to move(It's a good thing I like her).The longest it took for one of my natural villagers to ping was four months.

Nah, they ping just as much as any villager. My town is 9/10 amiibo villagers. My amiibo villagers have pinged me constantly to move, about once a week or so.

Ribbot, my only adopted villager that was not amiibo(he was from someone's town)? He hasn't asked to leave yet...

Get one villager that you really,really like because you'll probably have them for a while.Plucky was the first Amiibo card villager I scanned in not long after the update last November and she's never pinged to move(It's a good thing I like her).The longest it took for one of my natural villagers to ping was four months.

Oooh, now I'm nervous.

Welp, for my experience so far, I've had amiibos ping to move that were from the original characters. The WA amiibos (I scanned in four in my cycling town) have not pinged. I scanned them months ago...

Even still, I doubt they don't ping to move. I just think, as others say, it takes longer or has a lower percentage rate compared to the others possibly.

I believe it's still true that they won't leave for a while yet/a long time, this mainly applies to the villagers that you scan in using amiibo cards/statues. If you're debating on whether you should scan them in or not, I wouldn't take the risk unless you're really sure you want this villager in town. Amiibo villagers that you adopt from other people should move out normally.

Yes, I'm aware that amiibo villager from other towns move out normally, thanks.
I'm still getting mixed answers here.

Back