Contest WINNERS ANNOUNCED Design a house! WIN 500TBT AND HYBRID BLUE PANSY COLLECTIBLE!

Shayden

mountain time (GMT -7)
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
New Horizons Token
Isabelle
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
Feedback
100% (254) +
Hello everyone! I'm hosting a lil contest :)

Contest will close tonight at 7:00 PM mountain time now that i have enough entries. PM ME IF THIS CONFLICTS WITH YOUR PLANS
-i will be handing out the prizes TONIGHT if all goes as planned-

For this contest you must design an entire acnl house yes, all 6 rooms! The whooole house. Its not easy (and i suck at designing so i'm asking you all.)

Here are the two themes i need you to choose from:

Enchanted Forest Theme or Fairy Tail Cute Theme
or enter both for double the chance

Here are a few rules/guidelines that i'd like you to look through!
Please do not use happy home designer if you are providing pictures! i plan to use these in game

I would be happy to design a house for you, but I kinda want to use HHD, so would it be alright if I built six separate houses, but the rooms would match the size/square plots of NL?

^ the only allowance for HHD, provided you use items available in new leaf

You don't have to provide pictures, but it will help your chances. A lengthy explanation of each room specifying some furniture items will do just fine :)
please don't heavily edit your picture or take it from the internet!
if you use refurbished furniture, please provide me any custom designs you used
each room has to fit the theme/room its in!

Enough fluff, lets get to the prizes!

First Place: Hybrid Blue Pansy collectible AND 500 TBT!!!
Second Place: 100 TBT!!
Third Place: 50 TBT!

heres hoping people actually enter

WINNERS!:

1st place-
I finally finished! Before I start let me just say thanks for the awesome opportunity and I can't wait to show you the rooms! :D

Your typical foresty living/sitting room. There are some leaves and mushrooms scattered on the floor... did someone perhaps bring them in from outside?
KOCCKs1.jpg

QEWRJst.jpg

Sc401uE.jpg

This room is pretty tranquil. I used quite a few custom designs-- note the patterns on the furniture and the dresses-- but if you'd prefer, they can be replaced with designs of your choosing. The upper left corner has a small study complete with books galore and a classic desk, and K.K. Moody plays from the phonograph.
RXZezso.jpg

0CYsvAC.jpg

g7FCjw5.jpg

The basement is almost like a 2-in-1 room, with the front being a reading nook and some gardening supplies, and the back being a magical spot to practice spells complete with a crystal ball, genie lamp, and some pumpkins. It probably smells pretty good down there.
BnRcRlO.jpg

kwNDc3j.jpg

BOSRl8Z.jpg

The enchanted garden in the right wing is the perfect place for spotting fairies and curling up with a good book. With plenty of plants to balance it out, this cozy space is perfect for rainy days or late nights.
r81YpVL.jpg

hPR7oYh.jpg

mVSv9XP.jpg

Unlike the dark aesthetic of the other rooms, the kitchen sports a light, cheery one with plenty of plants and of course some yummy food options. The back of the room, which isn't visible in the pictures (oops), sports some counters with a variety of breads, cheeses, and other food items. It's also rather open and airy, so you can breathe in all those good smells!
M0a2vwL.jpg

bnY5lAw.jpg

HCwYTPC.jpg

This room is completely overridden with green, which is perfect for taking a nice soak in the tub or sitting down to take a breather after a long day of mayoral work! The serene bubbling from the water perfectly compliments the song playing from the record player, Stale Cupcakes. There's also a toilet and bowl sink behind a divider for other... private matters, haha.
YbIHPcv.jpg

infayXG.jpg

eSBxKE3.jpg

Phew! I may consider the fairy tale room, but I might not be able to finish before the deadline, so you probably shouldn't expect it lol. Hope you like the rooms!

Congratulations, hallebean! I loved the little descriptions of the rooms and that you had them all fully expanded! They were filled up with amazing ideas and just ahhhh I'm totally taking all of your ideas (sorry)
2nd place-
Finally my entries are ready! ;3; I did have to TT to finish the second house, but it is finally done~ (I took all pics with my Mayor <3)

entry #1: cutesy themed house!

Below are pictures of my Mayor's house!
It is completely pastel (save somewhat in the basement),
with an emphasis on cutesy, adorable things!
I also wanted to make it looked "lived in",
thus it features typical house rooms!

EXTERIOR:
T7MvYud.jpg

LIVING ROOM:
5blIBOl.jpg

Apj0zVf.jpg

BATHROOM:
1V7sV0w.jpg

KITCHEN:
lWpUShG.jpg

g9DkO76.jpg

BACKROOM/BACKYARD:
AixKWV5.jpg

WANTi0c.jpg

BASEMENT:
ef3rDfy.jpg

5zO9mHN.jpg

UPSTAIRS/BEDROOM:
pS7QIJb.jpg

entry #2: enchanted forest themed house!

This is my second character's home--
and tbh I didn't have it planned until
I gazed upon this contest and ran with the
enchanted forest theme! It is again
homey, but a little neater and darker
than my Mayor's home~

EXTERIOR:
C0D38uK.jpg

LIVING ROOM:
ZTyJoDn.jpg

EGTvZkW.jpg

BATHROOM:
KqeV466.jpg

KITCHEN:
xcHDL01.jpg

uauOYsO.jpg

BACKROOM:
KBBXft3.jpg

BN91pYi.jpg

UPSTAIRS/ATTIC:
bqXQwbU.jpg

BASEMENT/BEDROOM/ENCHANTED GARDEN:
3UzrROw.jpg

n64xuXH.jpg
congratulations, doodle! You won second because you made both houses and did a great job! I can't stop looking at them. You earned 100tbt!
3rd place-
Hey! I made some rooms on HHD and I shared two of my rooms in my town that may fit the theme. I didn't really know what kind of rooms you would like (bathroom/kitchen/etc.) so I just did what I thought looked good. My aesthetic is clutter as you can probably tell haha. If you have specific rooms or color themes or anything you definitely want I could try to do better if that'll put me closer to winning ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?) Hope you like them! (clicky)

Congratulations! Thank you for entering, I loved a lot of your rooms and ideas <3

Awarding prizes now so be on the lookout!

Last edited:
Hey <Near> ! If your looking for house designs I can give you a tour of both my towns! I don't really want prizes but I do have houses you might like! (sadly Anko isn't finished, which is my sweetd themed house, but oh well)

Hey <Near> ! If your looking for house designs I can give you a tour of both my towns! I don't really want prizes but I do have houses you might like! (sadly Anko isn't finished, which is my sweetd themed house, but oh well)

hey, thanks! i could give you a little bit of tbt for letting me drop by, whenever we decide to do this?

No no, no btb needed, I just like helping people ?ω?

If you are available in 3 hours you could drop by then :3

My main town has more of a flower field theme but there are a few rooms in the houses that fit the very cutesy vibe, my second town is my trade town but i've been working on those houses and Anko is a sweets house while MushShop is going to be a mushroom/forest hotel, I just started MushShop earlier today so I haven't maxed all the rooms yet but from what you can see you'll get a general picture of what it would look like finished.

I also have a japanese town so I can get you some of that exclusive furniture as well if anything there is anything in Kitsunes house that catches your eye I can get it for you ?ω? (I also have all the balloons in a house in my streetpass plaza, so I can get you those for free as well)

No no, no btb needed, I just like helping people ?ω?

If you are available in 3 hours you could drop by then :3

My main town has more of a flower field theme but there are a few rooms in the houses that fit the very cutesy vibe, my second town is my trade town but i've been working on those houses and Anko is a sweets house while MushShop is going to be a mushroom/forest hotel, I just started MushShop earlier today so I haven't maxed all the rooms yet but from what you can see you'll get a general picture of what it would look like finished.

I also have a japanese town so I can get you some of that exclusive furniture as well if anything there is anything in Kitsunes house that catches your eye I can get it for you ?ω? (I also have all the balloons in a house in my streetpass plaza, so I can get you those for free as well)

ah, thats very nice and helpful thank you! you seem to have a lot of cool things going on that i could draw ideas from while i wait for these entries :)
i'll likely still be around in 3 hours

forest theme main room: two mountains in left and right corner (you can unlock if you have HHD or trading for it)
two white pots entering you in near door
lotus pond in center of the room with tranquil bridge behing it
forest wall and mushroom set floor
cicada stereo in right and left bottom corner
drago's pic square below mountains facing forward on both right and left side where the two mountains are

top floor:
sky wall and kiki and lala floor
princess birdcage in right and left bottom corners
princess couch in center at top with kiki and lala clock on both sides

basement:
black roses alined across walls
bat grave in center of room
broken pillars in all four corners
fully black floor and wall (design)

that's all I could think of sorry

Last edited:
Are you looking for "realistic" types of rooms (bedrooms, kitchen, living room, etc...) or other types of rooms? (like outdoor ones or ones full of little trinkets/dolls/balloons/whatever)

Are you looking for "realistic" types of rooms (bedrooms, kitchen, living room, etc...) or other types of rooms? (like outdoor ones or ones full of little trinkets/dolls/balloons/whatever)

i'd say thats more up to you, but a kitchen is definitely something i'd be looking for in the forest theme. (P.S. i like bedrooms upstairs)

i'd say thats more up to you, but a kitchen is definitely something i'd be looking for in the forest theme. (P.S. i like bedrooms upstairs)

((duuuude i love bedrooms upstairs too lol))))

i'd really want to do this if i have some time this weekend!!! who knows if i actually will though >_> i'll tryy

sorry if i'm asking too many questions but would you like the rooms to be fully expanded?

((duuuude i love bedrooms upstairs too lol))))

i'd really want to do this if i have some time this weekend!!! who knows if i actually will though >_> i'll tryy

sorry if i'm asking too many questions but would you like the rooms to be fully expanded?

ask away haha, i didnt include enough in the thread
and i could expand the deadline if you need me to. the rooms in my house are fully expanded, but if you dont want to spend bells expanding yours thats fine

Last edited:
ask away haha, i didnt include enough in the thread
and i could expand the deadline if you need me to. the rooms in my house are fully expanded, but if you dont want to spend bells expanding yours thats fine

that's all good! i'll see if i can do a fully expanded one then.

I would be happy to design a house for you, but I kinda want to use HHD, so would it be alright if I built six separate houses, but the rooms would match the size/square plots of NL?

yeah, as long as you use items available in ACNL as well, i don't have a problem with it

- - - Post Merge - - -

dang it has to be six rooms :/

lol if im gonna get rid of so much tbt i might as well go all the way

Last edited:
Ah if we are allowed to use HHD i'll definitely do it! c:

thanks to you two, i added something in the thread about this! i was just concerned that the square-plots will be off for those who used HHD

Sorry for being a bit late! If your still online do you want to come over?

Back