Contest WINNERS ANNOUNCED Design a house! WIN 500TBT AND HYBRID BLUE PANSY COLLECTIBLE!

QOOF1x0.gif

bump image by A r i a n e

Last edited:
Hello Near, this sounds like a very fun idea. I just have a question: my Mayor's house is incredibly cutesy, all-pastel (except the basement but I'd describe it as cozy). It isn't "fairytale" though, could I enter it? I also have my second character's home that is yet to be finished, but I think I could make it by the deadline. It's, I suppose, "enchanted forest" themed (though more so cozy, but there are fairy bottles around lol). The basement is a must on these designs as well? I just want to make sure. I wasn't going to put in a basement for my second character but I might consider it for the contest. And only one entry right (it has to be cutesy themed entry or enchanted forest, not both)?

If I can't finish my second character then I can always enter my Mayor's home. I'm just not sure how strict your themes are. Thanks for the help! :3

Hello Near, this sounds like a very fun idea. I just have a question: my Mayor's house is incredibly cutesy, all-pastel (except the basement but I'd describe it as cozy). It isn't "fairytale" though, could I enter it? I also have my second character's home that is yet to be finished, but I think I could make it by the deadline. It's, I suppose, "enchanted forest" themed (though more so cozy, but there are fairy bottles around lol). The basement is a must on these designs as well? I just want to make sure. I wasn't going to put in a basement for my second character but I might consider it for the contest. And only one entry right (it has to be cutesy themed entry or enchanted forest, not both)?

If I can't finish my second character then I can always enter my Mayor's home. I'm just not sure how strict your themes are. Thanks for the help! :3

hi, i dont mind if you enter both! its encouraged and makes you more likely to win, actually :)
you can enter your main house as is- thats fine as long as it fits the theme.
the basement must be done - at least somewhat. i need an entry picture
idm making a longer deadline for anyone who is concerned about that

Okay! I'll enter my Mayor's home shortly as it is already completed. I'm pretty sure I can make the deadline on the second home! I just need to construct the left room and basement and I'm working on grinding out beetles for IGBs, so I should be alright~ if anything, at least I'll have one entry anyway. :3

Hmm, Im going to make a garden themed Hotel (its better than a fall themed hotel :p)

ill enter my hotel, but not as a contestent, but as a guy who just wants to help :3

Hmm, Im going to make a garden themed Hotel (its better than a fall themed hotel :p)

ill enter my hotel, but not as a contestent, but as a guy who just wants to help :3

thats really sweet, but if youre entering i think it should count for something!

Finally my entries are ready! ;3; I did have to TT to finish the second house, but it is finally done~ (I took all pics with my Mayor <3)

entry #1: cutesy themed house!

Below are pictures of my Mayor's house!
It is completely pastel (save somewhat in the basement),
with an emphasis on cutesy, adorable things!
I also wanted to make it looked "lived in",
thus it features typical house rooms!

EXTERIOR:
T7MvYud.jpg

LIVING ROOM:
5blIBOl.jpg

Apj0zVf.jpg

BATHROOM:
1V7sV0w.jpg

KITCHEN:
lWpUShG.jpg

g9DkO76.jpg

BACKROOM/BACKYARD:
AixKWV5.jpg

WANTi0c.jpg

BASEMENT:
ef3rDfy.jpg

5zO9mHN.jpg

UPSTAIRS/BEDROOM:
pS7QIJb.jpg

entry #2: enchanted forest themed house!

This is my second character's home--
and tbh I didn't have it planned until
I gazed upon this contest and ran with the
enchanted forest theme! It is again
homey, but a little neater and darker
than my Mayor's home~

EXTERIOR:
C0D38uK.jpg

LIVING ROOM:
ZTyJoDn.jpg

EGTvZkW.jpg

BATHROOM:
KqeV466.jpg

KITCHEN:
xcHDL01.jpg

uauOYsO.jpg

BACKROOM:
KBBXft3.jpg

BN91pYi.jpg

UPSTAIRS/ATTIC:
bqXQwbU.jpg

BASEMENT/BEDROOM/ENCHANTED GARDEN:
3UzrROw.jpg

n64xuXH.jpg

Doodle,

Woah, I'm blown away by your houses! Some things I liked:
I liked how they looked functional but still fit the theme well!
I liked the overall darkness and enchanted feel to the forest house (especially that basement ommggg)
I liked that you included exteriors when I didn't even ask i totally spaced it!
Also liked all of the books in the forest house, I'm not sure if I told you but I did reaaally want a lot of books there and you nailed that.

Doodle,

Woah, I'm blown away by your houses! Some things I liked:
I liked how they looked functional but still fit the theme well!
I liked the overall darkness and enchanted feel to the forest house (especially that basement ommggg)
I liked that you included exteriors when I didn't even ask i totally spaced it!
Also liked all of the books in the forest house, I'm not sure if I told you but I did reaaally want a lot of books there and you nailed that.

Thanks a bunch Near! This is a really fun contest and I loved the idea of it! Thanks for hosting it~ ^^

(I'm glad you liked 'em too!)

I finally finished! Before I start let me just say thanks for the awesome opportunity and I can't wait to show you the rooms! :D

Your typical foresty living/sitting room. There are some leaves and mushrooms scattered on the floor... did someone perhaps bring them in from outside?
KOCCKs1.jpg

QEWRJst.jpg

Sc401uE.jpg

This room is pretty tranquil. I used quite a few custom designs-- note the patterns on the furniture and the dresses-- but if you'd prefer, they can be replaced with designs of your choosing. The upper left corner has a small study complete with books galore and a classic desk, and K.K. Moody plays from the phonograph.
RXZezso.jpg

0CYsvAC.jpg

g7FCjw5.jpg

The basement is almost like a 2-in-1 room, with the front being a reading nook and some gardening supplies, and the back being a magical spot to practice spells complete with a crystal ball, genie lamp, and some pumpkins. It probably smells pretty good down there.
BnRcRlO.jpg

kwNDc3j.jpg

BOSRl8Z.jpg

The enchanted garden in the right wing is the perfect place for spotting fairies and curling up with a good book. With plenty of plants to balance it out, this cozy space is perfect for rainy days or late nights.
r81YpVL.jpg

hPR7oYh.jpg

mVSv9XP.jpg

Unlike the dark aesthetic of the other rooms, the kitchen sports a light, cheery one with plenty of plants and of course some yummy food options. The back of the room, which isn't visible in the pictures (oops), sports some counters with a variety of breads, cheeses, and other food items. It's also rather open and airy, so you can breathe in all those good smells!
M0a2vwL.jpg

bnY5lAw.jpg

HCwYTPC.jpg

This room is completely overridden with green, which is perfect for taking a nice soak in the tub or sitting down to take a breather after a long day of mayoral work! The serene bubbling from the water perfectly compliments the song playing from the record player, Stale Cupcakes. There's also a toilet and bowl sink behind a divider for other... private matters, haha.
YbIHPcv.jpg

infayXG.jpg

eSBxKE3.jpg

Phew! I may consider the fairy tale room, but I might not be able to finish before the deadline, so you probably shouldn't expect it lol. Hope you like the rooms!

I finally finished! Before I start let me just say thanks for the awesome opportunity and I can't wait to show you the rooms! :D

Your typical foresty living/sitting room. There are some leaves and mushrooms scattered on the floor... did someone perhaps bring them in from outside?
KOCCKs1.jpg

QEWRJst.jpg

Sc401uE.jpg

This room is pretty tranquil. I used quite a few custom designs-- note the patterns on the furniture and the dresses-- but if you'd prefer, they can be replaced with designs of your choosing. The upper left corner has a small study complete with books galore and a classic desk, and K.K. Moody plays from the phonograph.
RXZezso.jpg

0CYsvAC.jpg

g7FCjw5.jpg

The basement is almost like a 2-in-1 room, with the front being a reading nook and some gardening supplies, and the back being a magical spot to practice spells complete with a crystal ball, genie lamp, and some pumpkins. It probably smells pretty good down there.
BnRcRlO.jpg

kwNDc3j.jpg

BOSRl8Z.jpg

The enchanted garden in the right wing is the perfect place for spotting fairies and curling up with a good book. With plenty of plants to balance it out, this cozy space is perfect for rainy days or late nights.
r81YpVL.jpg

hPR7oYh.jpg

mVSv9XP.jpg

Unlike the dark aesthetic of the other rooms, the kitchen sports a light, cheery one with plenty of plants and of course some yummy food options. The back of the room, which isn't visible in the pictures (oops), sports some counters with a variety of breads, cheeses, and other food items. It's also rather open and airy, so you can breathe in all those good smells!
M0a2vwL.jpg

bnY5lAw.jpg

HCwYTPC.jpg

This room is completely overridden with green, which is perfect for taking a nice soak in the tub or sitting down to take a breather after a long day of mayoral work! The serene bubbling from the water perfectly compliments the song playing from the record player, Stale Cupcakes. There's also a toilet and bowl sink behind a divider for other... private matters, haha.
YbIHPcv.jpg

infayXG.jpg

eSBxKE3.jpg

Phew! I may consider the fairy tale room, but I might not be able to finish before the deadline, so you probably shouldn't expect it lol. Hope you like the rooms!

Oh my gosh, theyre amazing! this is everything i hoped for and more. Are any of the wallpapers custom designs? a few of them i dont recognize aha ha

Oh my gosh, theyre amazing! this is everything i hoped for and more. Are any of the wallpapers custom designs? a few of them i dont recognize aha ha

Thanks! Yeah, there are some custom designs for wallpaper. :p

Back