• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Diving is the most infuriating feature in this game!

Diving is so annoying! I swear that's the only reason they put in the soothing diving music! So we don't throw things!

I hate diving. I just hate it. Probably the most annoying thing in ACNL for me.

yeah, this activity needs major improvements. I understand it should be challenging, yes, but the slow way the character chases after fast creatures and barriers is challenging enough, adding jellyfish that literally pop up out of nowhere is just taking it too the way extreme. Is this supposed to be relaxing?

Diving doesn't bother me too much, appart from the fact that you can't check how full your inventory is whilst swimming. Why ever not?
Well, I don't think anybody would want their pockets full of water haha
It is quite annoying though.

I don't think anyone would want 144 fruits (234 if including mail space) either, yet here we are.

Well one good thing came out of this. After 2 years, I finally found out what creature went into this tank.
21317907_345915639184047_2209364469579329942_n (1).jpg

I've never caught the Horseshoe crab in the 2 years I've played this game thus this tank was always empty

I hate how you move sooo slowly while diving but it's not as bad as fishing for me which is the most stressful thing for me in the game.

The only thing I like about diving is Pascal (he's adorable :3), everything else is absolute garbage. It's the only encyclopedia I haven't gotten close to finishing because I can't stand how tedious it is. The button mashing hurts my thumb after hours of doing it and I don't even catch anything new most of the time. You'd think there'd be some sort of trick to make it easier like with bug catching but nooooo it's almost all luck

I don't like the diving either. I do it to fill the museum and collect the pirate theme furniture from Pascal(I'm done with him now thank goodness). I liked the jellyfish in the old games when they were catchable now they just make a really annoying thing that much worse. I get the fish escaping once they are past the boundary but just vanishing makes no sense. And yes our character is way too slow.

Back