do you buy physical or digital games?

I personally prefer owning digital copies as I always have a hard time maintaining physical copies. I am prone to losing things and/or breaking things so owning digital copies is such a step up.

I like digital copies since it's more convenient but I used to get physical copies before the pandemic

I'm a sucker for physical, but I'm transitioning to digital (and used physical copies) for environmental reasons.

this one's always a hard decision for me bc on one hand, digital is really convenient because i'll never have to worry about losing or breaking the cartridge, or forgetting it if i'm going somewhere.

but on the other hand i'm sort of paranoid about losing digital data ( probably silly nowadays, but... i'm old ;v; ) and it's just sort of nice to have something physical to touch. idk, monkey brain says touch hand better 🙈

but in the end it really depends on the game, what the availability is, and the price point of the format at the time. i bought 3d allstars physical & AC physical because i got them both on sale that way; there are several others i've bought digital because it was just easier lol

Usually digital as it's easier to just go through a dozen games (and then refund them) on Steam. Saves space, yes, but also saves time that I would have to spend to open the case, take out the cartridge and insert into my Switch. I'm lazy like that. Double-clicks are the way for me.

But for Switch, I've actually opted to go physical this time round just to start a collection. I do get the appeal for physical games, and I'm somewhat of an avid supporter because I think physical collections make for nice shelf decor. I have a small collection of blu-ray movies myself, and collections like these just let you express yourself and your interests, so it's not bad.

Though I might have to sell off some of those abandoned games I didn't bother to play like Let's Go Eevee and Pokémon Sword. And that's the other benefit of physical games - you could sell them and make a small return.

I prefer to get digital games over physical games since the disc could get damaged or be rendered unplayable if something happens to it, though I prefer to get the physical games sometimes if it comes with other stuff. The only time where I'll always get the physical games is for the new 3Ds since digital games take up waaaaay to much memory and I don't want to try to mess with changing the memory card that's inside of it.

Back