• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

do you buy physical or digital games?

If it is available in a physical copy I get the physical copy, I only really buy a digital copy if that's the only copy available like the Life is Strange games.

Mostly physical copies - I keep my games in a display case and it looks so great! I often buy collector's editions so there's a lot of stuff in it haha

I prefer physical if possible; something about having a game on a cartridge feels more secure to me, whereas with digital copies I worry about losing save data/etc. if something happens to the device it's on. Plus, I like putting my games up on my shelf too, and sometimes I just like to study the box art for a bit. I usually only get digital copies if they're the only option available, or if it's a gift from someone.

If it's a big/major game title, I'll buy physical. So for games like Breath of the Wild or Mario Odyssey etc. I'll also buy digital if it's going to be a long term game like Animal Crossing. But I buy digital for indie games (no choice usually lol).

I used to buy mostly physical copies but I think I might be heading into more digital. I’m currently making a pc so that’ll be digital but for my Xbox I’m going to go more digital when I used to buy physical purely was I have a habit of wanting older games that aren’t being sold as physical copies anymore and I share the Xbox so I have to constantly change the disk and I can’t be bothered doing that any more lol.
but for some reason I’ll continue to buy physical game for switch digital just doesn’t seem right for me

Physical. Although it's easier to lose, I like being able to have the game cartridge with me.
Also I get gold points from it

I love the convenience of digital games, but for me having a physical game makes me want to play it more. So if it's available I'll go for the physical version. Also love to display all my games! Bookshelfs are pretty sweet but since I don't own many books I'll go for video games instead lol :p

I mostly buy digital games but occasionally I’ll go out my way for a physical if it’s something more expensive (most nintendo games) in case I want to resell it later, or if it’s something really special to me/exciting (I preordered a game for the first time in my life just so I could get a physical copy of No Straight Roads last summer).

I love buying physical copies but recently, have only been purchasing digitally. It's really difficult for me to go to game stores so usually it's much easier just to sign into the digital store and buy a copy of a game that way.

most of the time i buy the digital version as i find it better for me since there will be no chance i could misplace the games since i have a bad habit of misplacing everything i use. im not really a collect & display type of person too. i know some people like buying physical games and display the boxes but nah, not my thing.

I buy mostly digital, it's just convenient and easy to do and sometimes you get good deals off of places like cdkeys. Also not having a physical copy means I don't need physical storage or I won't lose the cart.

Whatever is the most convenient at the moment

I usually always buy physical. I like the idea of actually owning a physical item (the box and cartridge) and being able to have it later on in life as well without worrying about the console breaking. I will sometimes buy digital though if it is a game that I will not spend hours at a time playing (more of an "in-between game) solely due to convenience of switching from one game to another without removing a cartridge.

Both. Getting Pokkén Tournament DX on digital next week. Also bought Super Mario 3D All-Stars on physical a month ago. Although- here is the thing with physical- most of the data needed for download is already on there.

I would rather buy the physical copy if I can, but I have bought digital too.

I prefer physical, but I will get digital too. I got AC digital because of convenience, detroit become human digital because it was cheaper for example. If I know I will want to keep the game then digital is more realistic, but otherwise physical is better.

Rule of thumb is single player/party games is physical, multiplayer is digital. Games that are exclusively multiplayer are eventually gonna be dead anyway so there’s not much of an issue.

I’d much rather have physical for a game like Mario Kart or Zelda so I can preserve those games in case I feel like playing my switch in the next 4-8 years, kind of like with my GameCube.

I try to buy physical if possible, imo it feels better to have an actual copy in my hands. But I will buy digital if it's cheaper/more convenient - bought Sleeping Dogs for £3 during a sale for example.

i play on pc so its all digital for me, less scratched up discs

For PC, digital.

For game systems, I like to get physical for series that I really like, and Digital for other games, as well as games that are rare or digital only.

Back