• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

do you buy physical or digital games?

Physical if at all possible. I hate the idea of media being tied to an account, because I stand to lose everything if I'm hacked. However, I hate leaving my house for almost any reason, so I buy digital if I feel like hermit-ing it up.

I try to buy physical but I have more digital games than physical because I am impatient and lazy to go to the store lol

I prefer having the physical copies for 3DS game. I like being able to look and hold the little cartridge in my hand as well as having the box art. Also, if I ever lost my 3DS (though hopefully that won't happen), the only game I would lose would be the one inside it. Rather than losing all my games on my 3DS that are digital. As for PC games, it is all digital.

almost always physical. I like tangible things.

Physical copies if I can help it. But if the digital version is going for a better price, I def can't turn that down.

I like buying physical whenever possible for games I want because if my 3DS's SD card gets corrupted, in most cases, I can recover the save data as it's usually on the gamecard and not SD card. My friend lost his save data because he had almost all his game's save data on his SD card (because his 3DS died from water damage, twice on the same 3DS), and therefore was locked to his NNID and he couldn't play them on his sister's 3DS. Where I usually shop for games, I can usually get hard copies for cheaper than what Nintendo has the eShop's game prices at. I don't collect games to display the box art of them. Furthermore, for Xbox series systems, if you buy the games for it on their online shop, you can't play them offline for whatever reason you don't have Internet access but have electricity and a TV to play them on. If you have the disc version, you can play them offline too. (Microsoft, I hate you even though you made my favorite Windows OS version, Windows 7...) Those are the various possible advantages of buying hardcopies of games instead of the digital versions. Of course, some games can only be bought digitally, but I have no negativity to that way of releasing said games like that. And if it's a GOOD game I enjoy, hey, it's a win for me.

95% of my games are digital for several reasons. There aren't many stores that sell games near where I live, so I don't see any value in driving 45 minutes - 1 hour just to buy a game & then drive all the way back. I also enjoy having my games on the system so I don't have to swap cartridges/discs/whatever. I also don't like owning the cases. Any way I can cut back on having needless plastic taking up space in my house, I'm down.

For the 3DS, I prefer digital but there's no space on my SD card anymore, so physical. For the Wii, physical most of the time, and PC is full of digital software.

I prefer physical copies of games. But I'll buy digital copies if it's the only way to get something or if it's on sale for a really great price.

I prefer physical copies for sure, but I don't have anything against electronic versions.

If I'm unsure about a game I will buy the physical copy but if I'm absolutely sure that I'd love it and wouldn't want to sell it later, I go for digital copies.

I buy them digital because it's extremely cheap and I don't have to use "my" money.

Always physical. Love displaying them in my room. Only digital when there is no physical copy (like Ace attorney: Spirit of justice) or I can't find it anywhere.

Physical, always.
The only games I like digital are Virtual Console. Otherwise, I like to own an actual copy of the game. Building a collection of games on my shelf is rewarding.

Only physical, except if it's a digital exclusive. I've heard so many horror stories about data corruption with digital games, not to mention how much space they take up and how Nintendo is so bad about data transferring. Would rather have the peace of mind of having my games still be ok even if my console somehow gets rekt.

I like physical for almost everything, as I feel a lot more secure having a tangible copy of the game that I can hold and use! the only exception is sims 3/4 expansion packs because it's just far easier to buy the digital versions of those <3

I like a mix. Physical for single player games, digital for multiplayer games (and puzzle).

Animal Crossing for Switch will be digital for me, like my New Leaf game.

Back