do you buy physical or digital games?

Q: Do you buy physical or digital games?

A: I actually buy physical copies of my video games. It is something that I've always done throughout my entire life. Digital copies of games do worry me a bit because it does take up some space in your consoles and handhelds. If I plan to get digital copies then I would have to get more storage space, so I have enough for these digital copies to be stored in my New Nintendo 3DS XL. I currently have the default micro sd card, so I think it is my bet bet to stick with physical copies until I can get a screwdriver and a bigger micro sd card for it. Digital copies seem like they're great to have, but the storage spacing for them worries me.

Last edited:
I have generally preferred to purchase physical copies of video games, but I have bought digital versions of some games in the past so I'm not against doing so. Not entirely sure why I prefer physical, though at least one advantage to doing so is that I can sell the game later or get a refund if I don't end up enjoying the game.

I?m not really sure. I always buy the physical copy, but I have never even thought about buying a digital. I?m not sure why, though. I see that on the eshop, there?s a lot of sales for the digital copy. I think that having a digital copy is good, because then you don?t have to worry about losing anything. But at the same time, what if your DS breaks and you can?t open it? How exactly are you supposed to get it back?

I tend to prefer physical releases considering that developers can and might pull their games from the digital stores.

physical because package is everything
well no but still nice to have something to grab and have in your hands , IT IS ALL ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE

I prefer hard copies so I can resell them later if I don't use them anymore but I buy digital ones if I'm impatient.

I went all digital for the 3DS but I'm going all physical for the Switch. Funny thing that.

i prefer digital, since it keeps all your games in one place, you can't lose them, you dont have to switch them out all the time and theyre just generally easier. however its really annoying when the digital game is like, ?59.99 and the physical game is like ?30 ugh

I prefer physical since digital take too much storage space sometimes ;-;... Plus my son likes to play on ou consoles. So it’s easier to take out the physical copy and put it high up to where he can’t reach and he’d play whatever is on the console (only Pikmin and a lot of demos). Plus I tend to “misplace” my 3DS (more like forget it) so yeah XD

I prefer physical copies. Can't lose them with glitches if you have the physical disc in your hand. Plus, I don't like taking up endless storage space by downloading games. I have a few on my PS4 that were free, but mostly I get physical.

I tend to alternate. Sometimes, there'll be a digital promotion, exclusive, or I'm just tired of going to switch games.
Other times I'll go physical. Like with a LE, or a preorder, or just cause it's normal.

As of now, I'm back into physical after having gone digital a while.

Physical copies are better in my opinion. I only download games digitally when they're hard to find in stores.

So far I've always bought physical copies but it looks like I may have to go digital for Stardew Valley on the Switch

Back