Status
Not open for further replies.
Does your school have a bus system? I don't know how your school works, but you might be able to ride the school bus to and from home so your parents don't have to worry about picking you up or dropping you off.

Hmm... This is actually very intrigueing. When I was in elementary school, Me and my older bro got out at the same time, but we had this insane wait time (5:00-9:00 P.M.) USUALLY, while we wait for my step-mom (doesn't live with us anymore) to take us home. Now I live so much closer to my HS, so it takes me 8-10 minutes to get there by scooter.

Before I get off-topic, I dont understand why they won't accept your sister. If your parents explained the issue and everything in your letter, there shouldn't be an issue. You should just get your parents to personally come to the school and talk to the principal about the situation, and maybe everything will work out!
(If not....) Friends help out ALOT in school. Especially when you need to be picked up, or just chilling at their house while waiting.
Also, if the end time isn't exact, couldn't they just wait for another 10-20 minutes for the other to get out? (Or are their time schedules really crunched?)

Hope this helps, (eh)

Could it be that your sister has grades that are too low for the school's requirements?
If your sister can't get in, and you're still being kept at home, then your parents will be responsible if you either don't graduate or if you are held back a grade.

Last edited:
It's nothing to do with grades. They just keep making the excuse that they're too full.

- - - Post Merge - - -

We don't have friends to help, and cannot wait. Especially when its winter, what are we gonna do? Freeze in the cold?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, the school called why I wasn't here, my parents explained, and they said they will tell the principal and call back. No call yet. See how stupid my school is?

;-; I didn't even realize it was cold over there. (Its hot as hell over here in Cali)
Ah well, sooner or later they'll have to accept your sister.

It's nothing to do with grades. They just keep making the excuse that they're too full.

- - - Post Merge - - -

We don't have friends to help, and cannot wait. Especially when its winter, what are we gonna do? Freeze in the cold?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, the school called why I wasn't here, my parents explained, and they said they will tell the principal and call back. No call yet. See how stupid my school is?

If the school is full, then there really is no way around it-They're full. By winter, this should be sorted out(and if not, best of luck in the cold)
It will take time for your principal/school to call back, but it is ridiculous that they won't accept your sister if you're practically being held hostage. ("Uni won't go until my other child is accepted!!" *dramatic phone call* *dramatic meeting* !!!!!!!!! Paperwork. Okay! lol)

i mean not gonna lie but if ur parents arent letting you go on the bus then this is their own problem imo?? like, theres a bus you can use so they could pick up your sister at the sam time whilst you get home ? ? ? also if the school is full, the school is full. idk about american schools but schools are usually overfilled (eg my science class has 33 people in it and the classroom is only made for 28 ish) so theres nothing they can do
also its kinda late in the year to try and get ur sister into school if the school year has already started lmao??
though i feel its also really ****ty to take *you* out of school bc they wont let ur sister in....do they not realise that theyre sacrificing ur education in the process?

Last edited:
Your parents shouldn't be keeping both of you guys home imo. If the problem is with your sister they should just keep your sister home because I'm pretty sure keeping your kids home is illegal... and you said before that you were 13 ! Unless you live in a super dangerous part of your city your parents should give you some independence and let you ride either the city bus or school bus (school bus would be safer) ?

They're only doing this because they didn't accept my sister the other times they sent letters and forms, it's now a situation that they HAVE to accept my sister. No choice anymore. The school wants to play a game with us so my parents are gonna play a game with them. Also I don't see how keeping your kids home is "illegal", especially since the first week of school is just fun and no classes (because people that are on vacation still haven't came back yet).

So your parents are basically retaliating?
As for being kept from school, I also don't see how it's illegal. But after thinking about the situation, you have your parents to blame if you end up staying back(idk about you, but in my school, after 5 unexcused absences, you have to stay back) or the principal to blame if you do since this is all because they won't accept your sister.

this seems kind of immature, to be frank. your sister can't attend the same school, so your parents withhold you from attending until they get their way? if the school is full, the school is full. period.

uhhh idk where it's like where you live, but in a lot of places it's illegal to keep your kids home from school (for an extended period of time) if they're a) not officially registered in a homeschooling program or b) have serious medical conditions or smth

honestly the situation you're in right now sucks, you have a right to your education and I hope the situation is resolved soon

It's illegal in most places to keep your child from school if there's no valid excuse... but I hope your issue gets resolved and you can go to school because education is pretty vital to get into a good college/uni :) good luck

I do hope that your parents know that some schools have the policy of giving students an automatic fail if they have a certain amount of absences (for my school it was seven).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back