• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My parents don't let me take the bus.

My parents made me take the bus all the time. It was hell.

But seriously, are there no other schools in your area? I lived near the city school but I went to a county school because the city school in my area sucks. Or maybe as a last resort you could do homeschooling?

School is ****, dude. There's really not much you can do but vent and rant about it. Just keep bugging them to let your little sister join. That's all you can do, I guess. :/ Wishing you the best.

Yeah, in a lot of places (and especially North America), you're legally required to be registered at a school. I'm guessing failure to attend might result in a house visit from some legal office (simply not attending can't possibly be illegal though, given the number of medical absences and hooky-playing at schools). The good news is that the government will probably be on your side and force the school to accept your sister, eventually. If it isn't about her not meeting some requirement or other, though, I don't see why the school would lie.

Can one of you (whoever is older or has the 'safer' school, presumably) arrive early and leave late? How far apart are your schools? Even if it's like a 30-minute wait, that shouldn't be so bad.

If you can't do that, then honestly, rather than force the school's hand & bring this bad energy on yourselves, you should see if it's possible for one of you (or both, on alternate days) to just be late for school. Have your parents officially contact the school(s) about it, and alert your first-period teachers about your situation. When I was in high school, there were a couple of kids who ferried over from an island nearby, and the ferry would often be delayed - and it wasn't a huge issue.

Your parents shouldn't be resorting to retaliation like that. But as for you, please don't stress too much! Just think of it as an extended vacation, and talk to your friends to see if you've missed anything major!

lol the british education system is crazy rn you're probably fine

i didn't have a head teacher in either of my primary schools (ages 5 to 11) and had about 60% attendance every year and still came out with all As and A*s, so no biggie rly

Good to hear yall got it sorted out :)

Why was it that they didn't accept her in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back