• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Evolution

Damniel

Openly Wolfing
Orange 🍊
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
0804-8939-7771
Island
Sandoval
Red Star Fragment
Pink Star Fragment
Yellow Star Fragment
Blue Star Fragment
Purple Star Fragment
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Should evolution be taught in schools? I know it's just a theory and all so should it be taught?

wouldda helped me during gold/silver/crystal that's for sure

a theory with historical biological evidence isn't really much of a theory anymore tbh

(yes)

Last edited:
religion is just a theory too

6e682a52c0cd012cccbc27a09f413e25--peace-sign-emoji-peace-signs.jpg

Absolutely. There is more than enough evidence to support it - sometimes I think people have more issues with it now than they did when it was first proposed

its not real bc if we evolved from monkeys why do monkeys still exist???????

Thinking_Face_Emoji_grande.png

I've already learned of Darwin's evolution theory... (Especially with him keeping bugs, going on a boat, yadda yadda yadda) and I have to say, it does jack squat in school. I really dont see the point in evolution, (besides the fact that Splatoon was based on evolution, I would definitely be interested if scientists said we would be squid-like kids in the next couple hundred thousand years :p)

meh doesn't really matter. If you're opposed to evolution, teach your kids Intelligent Design or send them to a religious school

It's clear to me people are more concerned for whether it's necessary to know about than whether it is accurate or not, which is somewhat disappointing regardless of the outcome.

Evolution is not at all what the bible tells us

yeah, should be taught. a lot of theoretical stuff is taught in schools aside from that tiny part of biology, so who rly cares

if u care about some religious side, get your kid to do religious studies

Yes. In primary school (4-11) I wasn't taught anything other than Christianity when it comes to that type of thing, which would be fine if I went to religious schools, but I didn't. I know this isn't about religion, I just don't agree with how Christianity is pushed on very young children as fact (here at least) and they aren't told about alternative s (or things like evolution) until secondary school. I strongly believe things like this should be taught.

.... yes .... it's science. theres enough evidence lmao there's no good reason to not believe in evolution. i seriously dont get how people can be opposed to teaching science

i would consider myself a deist and i believe in evolution
it was never taught in my primary school and i think that was egged on more as it was also a church of england school, we had to do lots of projects that had to do with the bible and we went to church every so often and on thursday a father or what they're called would come in and talk to us about the bible
but there were books around that were about charles darwin so they werent making us believe in anything, but i believe that they should have included a whole topic in our curriculum about it instead of having books lying around

its something people talk about a lot so i personally am interested in it, its all learning so i see no harm? even if u personally dont believe in evolution its still fun to learn about stuff other people DO believe in ya know
idk

Yes. In primary school (4-11) I wasn't taught anything other than Christianity when it comes to that type of thing, which would be fine if I went to religious schools, but I didn't. I know this isn't about religion, I just don't agree with how Christianity is pushed on very young children as fact (here at least) and they aren't told about alternative s (or things like evolution) until secondary school. I strongly believe things like this should be taught.

I agree with you. I don't think any religion should be taught as fact instead it should be taught as a possibility.

Absolutely yes. I don't think there can be any doubt about it. The evidence is overwhelming.

Back