• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The newest villagers won't leave!

kwark

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
The most recent villagers refuse to leave! It's been the same hand of full of villagers.

Puddles and Goose are being a REAL pain to get out! What do I do? What CAN I do?

Have you been talking to them? The best method of getting unwanted villagers to move out is to simply never talk to them. Talk to them only ONCE when they move in. After that, completely ignore them. Just keep talking to the villagers you want to keep (dreamies for example) and they will simply move away because the game thinks they are "unwanted". My way is to keep talking to the villagers I want to keep anyways, until they say there is a rumor that someone is moving out (if they say a random rumor or no rumors at all, rinse and repeat previous step) If its someone you want, wait for them to ping you (if they dont, do the classic 5 minute diving trick) then get them to not leave. If its someone you want to leave, I usually just time travel a day after their moving day, find a dreamie on the forums / wait for a filler and hope its a dream ie, then rinse and repeat.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
You could have told me that... -.- (there is no mention about anything. Whatevs!

But the board that the thread is on says City Folk...

I thought you were supposed to do the opposite to get them to move out(talk to them a lot, do their chores, etc.). I may just be not good at these kinds of things, though.

Good luck getting them to move out!

Last edited:
What I forgot to mention is that I have 4 human characters in my town.

Last edited:
i would say to report them to town hall for rude language/inappropriate letters until they get fed up and move. also shove them or hit them with net/shovel. hope it helps!

Back