• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

TBT FOR VISITING AND CRITIQUING MY DESIGNS! ^^

lemoncrossing

fairything
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
1334-5403-6431
Tetris Grid
hi guys!

this is a little thread where i'm going to post codes for my buildings and facilities. i'd really love it if you could leave an in-game rating and/or give me tips on this thread for improving my designs~ ^^ i'll add more as frequently as i can.
also!! as an incentive to visit i'm going to send 10-20 tbt (amount just depends on how much i have atm) if you rate/critique my building. (i'll need a picture of proof ofc)

codes currently available for visiting:
colton's home - 0094-5704-660 - i really strayed from his requested theme on this one and pretty much just made it my own. floral patterns and aesthetic plants and whatever whatever. visits appreciated!

smol flower shop - 0909-5704-589 - it's a flower shop featuring qr designs and my favorite horse boy. i am really into the whole flower aesthetic if you couldn't tell.

hi guys!

this is a little thread where i'm going to post codes for my buildings and facilities. i'd really love it if you could leave an in-game rating and/or give me tips on this thread for improving my designs~ ^^ i'll add more as frequently as i can.
also!! as an incentive to visit i'm going to send 10-20 tbt (amount just depends on how much i have atm) if you rate/critique my building. (i'll need a picture of proof ofc)

codes currently available for visiting:
colton's home - 0094-5704-660 - i really strayed from his requested theme on this one and pretty much just made it my own. floral patterns and aesthetic plants and whatever whatever. visits appreciated!

smol flower shop - 0909-5704-589 - it's a flower shop featuring qr designs and my favorite horse boy. i am really into the whole flower aesthetic if you couldn't tell.

Hey! I'll visit asap (as soon as I get blathers to spill the beans for the cafe pwp, so I can make a mini main street for my town)

Wait. I just realized.... You have 15 characters, not 16! Where's the final character, I cant visit :(

It only gave me 15 characters-- you should be good! (but if it really doesn't let you visit, lmk and I'll see if there's something wrog)

- - - Post Merge - - -

This just occurred to me... this is for Happy Home Designer, not New Leaf, so make sure you're on the right game. :p

It only gave me 15 characters-- you should be good! (but if it really doesn't let you visit, lmk and I'll see if there's something wrog)

- - - Post Merge - - -

This just occurred to me... this is for Happy Home Designer, not New Leaf, so make sure you're on the right game. :p

Omg, I didnt even realize that it was for HHD... My bad! (Also, rip.)

what a fun idea! i've never actually used this feature of the game before so i'm incredibly excited to try it out, thanks for the incentive opportunity! i also LOVE reviewing town/room designs so i'm like, extra stoked for this.

i'm going to be a little biased here - i love flowers!! i have a big garden at home! i love that acnl put in real kinds of flowers into the game, just like how they did with real fish, bugs, paintings, etc... it really gives it a learning aspect without any effort!!

your attention to detail is stunning. i really appreciate how well the window blends into the wall, but the curtain is a super cute touch - you could have just gone with the same design you did for the wallpaper, but you didn't, and the little pink flowers look super cute right next to the brick of the counter!! (AND on colton!! aaaaa the pink matches his noooooooooose oh my god!! kill me what a pretty baby omg) the wallpaper is, of course, absolutely adorable and i love it. dasies are such good little flowers!!

i love that you included little floral designed clothes in your shop, it's a nice little touch! i don't know if it'd make that area look too busy, but it might be cute to hang some flower t-shirts on the wall behind them, as well! (they'd have to be in-game designs... maybe like dreamy tee and a flowery tee?) i love the green house boxes on the wall -- aren't those the best?! those are very easily my favorite furniture additions from welcome amiibo, no joke.

moving on to your choices of things to sell in the shop, again, i'm really impressed with your eye for detail. on the center carts, the bag of fertilizer depicts a sapling on it -- and right next to it you have the sapling!! and on the next table, the succulent jar has a deep red succulent that matches the black dasies in color. the hanging aloes look very nice above them, they're a good centerpiece that adds to the room but doesn't take away from the larger picture. i think you could probably get a flower-themed music player like the lily record player or the sunflower stereo, but i don't know which villager you'd have to build a house for to get them. i like your artwork placement as well! van gogh's sunflowers is the perfect fit, and i like the one against the opposite wall as well, it backs the hibiscus well.

i really enjoyed looking around your flower shop and i would definitely come in and smell the flowers if it were real!! it looks very nice you did a great job!

- - - Post Merge - - -

HNI_0053.JPG

wh -- hang on, oh my god. can i ask a potentially very dumb question?? how did you get colton's house to have an attic and a basement? i'm incredibly impressed by the design of the rooms i'm just stuck on how cool it is that that's an option. it's also almost midnight for me so i'm going to upload some cool shots and call it a night. i'm going to be coming back to colton's place a LOT for design inspiration (i love how you used the minimalist lamp to cast a green hue on everything! genius!!), so i'm sure i'll give an actual review of this one too!!

HNI_0057.JPG

i've definitely added you to my favorites. i'd love to see some of your other designs in the future!!!

EDIT: shoot, sorry i didn't think to take any screenshots of your flower shop! loved it a lot tho.

Last edited:
Aahhh thank you so much for your visit! I really like the idea of putting some clothes on the walls, I'll have to try it. also i'm so glad you like the flower aesthetic because flowers are just the bestttt lol. again i really really appreciate it!! the extra floors i got by revisiting the villager, talking to him, and choosing the option "new house" and from there it's pretty self explanatory. you have to have the lesson about new layouts from the happy home handbook or whatever it's called :p thanks so much for visiting and i'm sending lots of tbt your way! (also i'm gonna try to make another house soon so... here's hoping i get the motivation to actually do it lol.)

i'm just about to go to bed, but tomorrow i'll definitely stop by and give some feedback!

Visited both and I really like them! I liked Colton's super fancy basement bathroom haha. And the dresses in the flower shop were super cute, especially the one with the shoulder bag! I struggle with designing clothes, they never look right haha. Hope you post more, I'd love to see them!

Back