• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

how good are you at saving money?

Not good at all

Especially with these collectibles and tbt

Very good at saving IGB though

i'm pretty good so far, but that's because i don't have to pay for things like bills, utilities, etc.

I can't save up money at all! I see anything that I like or something on sale and I jump for it. Clothes, merchandise, games... anything that catches my eyes I want to buy. Sometimes my friends take me out to eat and I feel bad if they treat me, sometimes I wish I could do the same but I just don't have the money... I need to get a job ; ;

Horrible. I try to save but some things are just so tempting. I can spot deals, but I waste the money on something completely extra.

Terrible. Don't ever trust me with money.

horrible lol i spent it on so much **** which gives me happiness for a short amount of time

bih i spend like $400 on clothes every month
if i dont need to save it i wont xxxxxxxx

lmao not very good.
Like, seriously. I had $300 last week and now I only have $190... Oh, AND I have no source of income atm. FML.

I try to but I like going out for lunch/dinner so I always end up spending it on food

Really good at it. Unfortunately, I'm with somebody who has a lot of debt and fines, so saving is almost not possible. I don't spend money on stuff for fun. I don't even buy clothes (my clothes are all falling apart). But do I ever run out of money? Never. Saving isn't possible, but there's always money for housing, gas, food, etc.. The cost of living is just outrageous.

Last edited:
I'd say I'm rather good at saving my money. Since I have a box where I keep my bigger amounts of cash instead of in my wallet, the money is out of my sight so I don't have an urge to spend it. It feels relieving to know that there are savings just in case of an emergency.

I also spend way too much money on clothes lmao. like i accidentally bought the wrong size in these pajama shorts so i went back to the mall to exchange them... ended up going across the street to VS pink and spent almost 300 dollars.

I do have a good chunk of money saved up though and i mean it feels nice to be able to buy stuff but also i get super paranoid if the money in my savings gets low. right now i could probably spend some of it and be safe but i'm paranoid so i won't

Really good at it. Unfortunately, I'm with somebody who has a lot of debt and fines, so saving is almost not possible. I don't spend money on stuff for fun. I don't even buy clothes (my clothes are all falling apart). But do I ever run out of money? Never. Saving isn't possible, but there's always money for housing, gas, food, etc.. The cost of living is just outrageous.

I say this and 5 hours later my partner is driving home from work and the hood comes up off of the car and smashes the roof and the windshield. The cost of living is outrageous AND life just really doesn't want us to have money or nice things because every time a few thousand dollars is saved, it needs to be spent again immediately, all at once. Hooray for bad luck.

Back