• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

BotW ending discussion [SPOILERS]

King Dorado

you can do anything
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Rebel Gnome
Fossil Easter Egg
Ladybug Easter Egg
Paradise Planning Easter Egg
Splat Easter Egg
Fossil Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
Togepi Easter Egg
Waluigi Easter Egg
Yoshi Easter Egg
so i had activated all four Divine Beasts, levelled up most of the armor sets, maxed out stamina, and got up to 23 hearts, but I was putting off battling Gannon because I wanted to find all the shrines first (still have 11 to go). but I was exploring around a bit in Hyrule Castle and accidentally wandered into the final battle, so I went for it.

But, I found the game''s ending disappointing. anyone else?

here's why:

eh it seems like the ending is all focused on Zelda's emotions/psychology. hey it's cool that she finally smiles and all and says she isn't put off if her powers have waned, but that's IT for the ending?

I thought there would be maybe a "moment" at least between Link and Zelda, or maybe all the ghosts joyfully gathered with them instead of balefully watching from a distance. And i definitely expected throngs of jubilant Hylians, Zora, etc all gathered around for a big celebration.

but No, the game ends as though nothing at all had just transpired. really, Nintendo??? did they run out of time to create an ending fitting and worthy for the game, or what??
disappointing ending...
very disappointing

What do you mean the ending was disappointing, when the entire game was disappointing

GASP! Cress! BOTW is an amazing game! The ending was very anti-climatic, imo. I am hoping the DLC with the Champions will give us a better ending.

I liked the ending actually. It was short, but sweet. I know a lot of the games tend to have this amazing ending, but the end, she realizes she can finally do what she loves and powers don't matter. She can finally obsess about Guardians once again, which was her craze 100 years prior. Plus, they probably want to leave as little hints as possible, since the DLC is an continuation... Then again I'm probably saying all this just because I'm bias and I love Zelda's character development.

Last edited:
I liked the ending actually. It was short, but sweet. I know a lot of the games tend to have this amazing ending, but the end, she realizes she can finally do what she loves and powers don't matter. She can finally obsess about Guardians once again, which was her craze 100 years prior. Plus, they probably want to leave as little hints as possible, since the DLC is an continuation... Then again I'm probably saying all this just because I'm bias and I love Zelda's character development.

100% agreed.

I do hope they add more memories that develop Link & Zelda's relationship. I would like to have more storyline of life in the castle, too.

100% agreed.

I do hope they add more memories that develop Link & Zelda's relationship. I would like to have more storyline of life in the castle, too.

YES YES YES! I lived for those memories! I wish they were longer though; like some weren't even a minute long. But I still loved them regardless! Especially the one with her and the frog xD

Last edited:
Honestly very disappointing, I no longer want to continue the game if this whole time I was fighting for a little thanks Link for everything or "do you remember me now" lol.. very sad ending wished to see how life would be after Ganon's defeat c:

It definitely lacked the 'oomph' that you'd want in an ending. tbh all the main story stuff was pretty disappoint for me - the side stuff and incidental storytelling really shined

yeah honestly it sucked i was like "is that it?" once i finished

Honestly very disappointing, I no longer want to continue the game if this whole time I was fighting for a little thanks Link for everything or "do you remember me now" lol.. very sad ending wished to see how life would be after Ganon's defeat c:

It would be boring. The only reason the monsters are around is because the Blood Moon respawns them. Blood Moon exists because of Ganon being there. Dead Ganon means no reviving enemies.

Back