• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How often do you swap house exteriors?

Laureline

Afk at Random
Bells
New Horizons Token
Spring Sakura
Ancient Candle
Purple Bat Potion
White Rose
Blue Hybrid Rose
Blue Candy
Purple Candy
Famous Mushroom
Sakura Easter Egg
So I'm in the process of making the exterior of my house to my liking. And well I keep swapping around what I want. That got me wondering how often other people swap the outside look of their house.

My current line up is:

Roof- White roof
Exterior- White exterior
Mailbox- White mailbox
Pavement- blue brick
Door- Arched classic door
Fence- Fancy fence

Though I do not have all of these, I'm hoping it doesn't look too bad. Open to suggestions.

Here's a list with pictures of all the house customizations. http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/House_Customization

Last edited:
I don't really change the exterior of my house often but I did find a set up I like. The only things I'm going to change is the mailbox and fence.

21270851_344953915946886_5775903151612257221_n.jpg

I never change my house exterior any more. I have one that is zen and one that is modern. I did recently make a third character, but I am not sure what I want his house to look like. The barbed wire fence and cardboard box mailbox are pretty funny though.

I changed things up when I was looking for HHA points, but once I maxed out, I started looking for something I liked and that fits my town.

I've finally settled on the look I like, although I might change out the white picket fence for a hedge. Other than that, I don't see myself changing it. I'll probably just tweak the interior, instead.

I search for agesssss.. months! for the perfect exterior for each of my characters. After that I never change them ever again :p some of my exteriors are kept small too because I like the look of the smaller houses. I never have to see nook's (and Lyle's >:'I) faces again!

Once I find one I really like I stick with it. Sometimes I'll try out a new mailbox or fence if I see something that might match better, I usually end up regretting it, I really wish he'd show you a live "what it will look like" cause in store it might look like it matches then you wake up the next morning and your house looks awful... =[ I cry every time.

I usually stick to one look but it takes me a while to find it. It would be nice if there was a site where you could build your house. Like it would start off with the basic look and there would be drop down tabs. That way you could see it all put together before wasting bells.

I bought a fairy-tale exterior for my house on Saturday, I think. And then yesterday, when I walked into Tom Nook's, he was selling the ENTIRE mermaid collection and I was just mesmerized by the cuteness!! So I bought the exterior, the fence, and the door. I didn't care about the mailbox, and my roof is yellow which is my favorite color so I didn't want to change that.

But yeah, I don't change them often unless I see something I really like.

Once I find one I really like I stick with it. Sometimes I'll try out a new mailbox or fence if I see something that might match better, I usually end up regretting it, I really wish he'd show you a live "what it will look like" cause in store it might look like it matches then you wake up the next morning and your house looks awful... =[ I cry every time.

That's how I felt trying to find a door to work on my house. It took forever, and I think I must have tried 4-5, with many days spent in between waiting for options to come up.

And yet, Creepy Lyle has the entire gold exterior up for grabs, whenever. Not right.

I don't change mine very much, but then again I'm still expanding my rooms and adding and such. I'm sure I will eventually do tons of renovations!

I never change my house exterior that often. The only thing I'm working toward is a modern house and then I'll change everything to Zen. I desperately want the Modern Town Hall customization...

I rarely change my house's exterior. I usually decide what my houses' would look nice as and stick with it beginning to end until I don't like anymore.

Back