• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Tricky Pitfall

Bells
Blue Hybrid Violet
Pink Hybrid Lily
Blue Hybrid Pansy
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Purple Violet
Yellow Lily
Red Rose
Yellow Tulip
White Pansy
Red Pansy
So I just went into my police station and saw a black pitfall seed, apparently it's called a tricky pitfall seed and it makes a smaller slit in the ground from what i've read. I never knew this was a thing until now.

Did you know about them? Do you even use pitfalls?

i think people use them to trick their friends- like they lead their friend over to it and make them fall in

at least that's how i've seen people use it haha! :blush:

I use tricky pitfalls for decoration on my beaches, since it's a star shape and matches my towns space theme :)
the normal pitfalls I don't use because their shape is too big and unsightly imo

lol i dont use them, but i do know tricky pitfalls. they were a spotpass dlc for korea or japan idk, and you can get them from the police station. guess theyre used to trick people.

I've seen a few people use them in their dream addresses and you would have to stand on them to move to see everything in town. I might do that if I'm willing to wait for them to appear in the police station, I usually just sell them.

What my bro did to get pitfalls was go on the balloon tour and steal them and make me steal too.
I just keep one buried on the beach so they don't spawn.

I like to hide them behind bushes or in plain sight while I'm in a friend/bf's town.

"Hey come over here!"
"WHA- NOO!"

It's a good day.

Can Villagers fall in pitfalls? Years ago when I first started playing a friend told me to bury them around an unwanted villager's house but I was never able to do it because I felt bad about being mean to him. Quillson stayed for 3 years after that and I grew to like him :rolleyes:

Can Villagers fall in pitfalls? Years ago when I first started playing a friend told me to bury them around an unwanted villager's house but I was never able to do it because I felt bad about being mean to him. Quillson stayed for 3 years after that and I grew to like him :rolleyes:

Yes they can, they get stuck and once they get out they get angry XD I don't like it either

I don't use them mainly because I don't really need them but i think it's just for fun like the toy hammer or something.

I see them in the Police Station, but I never use them. It was kinda weird for Nintendo to make these anyway.. it's no different than the regular pitfall, except for the X is smaller.

Last edited:
Back