• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

PWP Drilling Rig: When would someone use this?

Fluffy Fox Of Fate

Bells
November Birthstone (Topaz)
New Leaf Token
Green Candy
Red Cosmos
Honestly, has anyone used the Drilling Rig PWP for the theme of their town? I got this item a few days ago and I just don't know when that building object would look good in a town.
I'm not planing on putting it in since I already have a plan for it, (a white and pink carnations town ^^ At lest that's the idea so far.) I'm just curious if anyone has used that building for the theme of their town.

I have/am planning a modern town, so I've briefly considered using it, but a drilling rig just seems so... intense, like too much. If there was a PWP that was more like a construction site, I'd like that more I think.

I've seen people with desert themed towns use them, though!

a drilling rig seems like someone with a modern town would have if they wanted to add a little construction area, or an 8 year old boy who just puts random pwp's everywhere. I really can't think of anything else. I know some have used it in desert towns but I dont think it looks good.

I've seen one town on tumblr that had this "abandoned town" theme, with lots of dead trees and two drilling rigs side by side. Looked pretty post-apocalyptic to me, so there's that. x)

Doesn't the drilling rig make it harder for you to get a perfect town rating?

on topic: i wouldn't use that in my town. It just looks ugly.

I have/am planning a modern town, so I've briefly considered using it, but a drilling rig just seems so... intense, like too much. If there was a PWP that was more like a construction site, I'd like that more I think.

I've seen people with desert themed towns use them, though!

a drilling rig seems like someone with a modern town would have if they wanted to add a little construction area, or an 8 year old boy who just puts random pwp's everywhere. I really can't think of anything else. I know some have used it in desert towns but I dont think it looks good.

A modern town was the only setting that I thought that might look good for it. It might need patterns around it to help it look more like a construction area, maybe, but that might be a lot of patterns to use just for that.
I haven't visited that many dream towns so I haven't seen a desert themed one. Seems kinda random to have an Drilling Rig in that, but that's just what I think.

I've seen one town on tumblr that had this "abandoned town" theme, with lots of dead trees and two drilling rigs side by side. Looked pretty post-apocalyptic to me, so there's that. x)

Oh, that sounds cool! :eek: Sounds like it would be very fitting for that town!

Doesn't the drilling rig make it harder for you to get a perfect town rating?

on topic: i wouldn't use that in my town. It just looks ugly.

From what I've read it does make it harder to get perfect town rating. And honestly I do think it's ugly, (I was disappointed when my villager suggested it) but I think it could look better in the right setting.

Back