• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

When villagers ask you for something you've been looking for a long time

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
This just happened to me. I finally caught a walker cicada because I know that these are rare in September and I wanted to catch one before they completely disappear. I finally caught one and five seconds later, Julian decided to ask me for it and tried to buy it for 320 bells!

I don't know about you guys, but it annoys the heck out of me when I finally catch something after a while and a villager tries to take it from me right away. Why was that feature even added!?

Last edited:
This happens to me all the time... ALL. THE. TIME. OR, they love asking for things I have intended for a birthday present. And, literally every single villager wants it. Bahahaha.

LOL ugh, I hate saying no to my villagers but sometimes No is the only option. I think I'll send Julian a present as an apology because I needed to donate the cicada to the museum.

Yeah, sometimes I'll walk around with cute fish that I'd let them put in their house and they never ping to ask for it. However, then when I get something I haven't donated yet and am heading to the museum..someone always pings to ask for it. Smh. -__-

The only thing I hate more is when they ask you to catch a rare bug or fish that you haven't even been able to catch yourself. One day I was trying to catch a nibble fish (took me like 4 hours to catch the little sucker), and Sterling asked me to catch one for him. That was probably the only time I ever turned him down

Yes frequently. I won't give it to them. It is annoying. It's also annoying when I have a shark or an expensive beetle and they offer to trade me a shirt for it(this has happened many times). I'm just like really? Are you crazy?

This happens to me like every time I catch something new, it drives me crazy!
My villagers also always ask me to catch them insanely rare fish/bugs. Like you lazy little buggers, catch it yourself lmao

Yeah it happens to me alot, usually they ask for fish or bugs I could sell for a lot of money at retail like wanting my shark or several itms I was trying to put in my house/storage, and they stop me before I get there. Or items I'm trading XD They really ask at the wrong times.

Oh gosh, I'll never forget the first time I caught an arowana, and then O'Hare asked to buy it... I said yes without thinking, and then he refused to take that ugly thing out of his house for months :mad: I was finally able to catch another one for the museum a few months later while playing as a side character, but to this day I'll never forget the infamous arowana incident... :p

I remember one time in a game I had a long time ago, one of my villagers wanted to trade me a shirt for my whale shark I had caught. Yeah, that was not happening.

Last edited:
Since I'm such a good mayor, I usually agree on giving the item to them even though deep down I don't really want to ahahahaha... but I'll eventually just buy it on my catalog anyways so I'm cool with it, but sometimes I decline their request if I REALLY like the item they're asking for...

Since I'm such a good mayor, I usually agree on giving the item to them even though deep down I don't really want to ahahahaha... but I'll eventually just buy it on my catalog anyways so I'm cool with it, but sometimes I decline their request if I REALLY like the item they're asking for...

Oh, I'll happily give them items, but not rare bugs and fish that I haven't donated to the museum yet that took me forever to find.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Besides, I don't want them junking up their house with bugs and fish anyways. so I'll decline their request for bugs and fish even if the bug or fish they are asking for is not rare.

I used to give every villager everything they asked for every time, but...not anymore. Still do most of the time, but sometimes I just say no, feel bad about it for about a millisecond, then completely forget it. LOL!

Oh, I mostly say no when they ask for something stupid, like a butterfly at 6pm, or something equally ridiculous! Or something I would have to go to the island for right before bedtime. I can't help it if half of them stay up most of the night!

Last edited:
I caught a Giant stag the other day and the minute I got back into town from the island to go donate it, Bella pinged me trying to trade me a shirt for it.

I want to get the badge so I say yes if I can do it. If I have a fish on me that I need to turn into the museum or if they want to change their furniture when I am planning on selling them, I say no.
If they ask for a butterfly at night that's cool, bc I usually stay up till 4 AM playing the game. :cool:

I hate saying yes when villagers ask me for things, I usually try to hold the least amount of things I can do they don't want it. I just hate them losing originality.

They're a bunch of good for nothing lowballers!

Hahaha! Poor things... they can't help it if they never catch anything. No matter how long they fish or stalk bugs (during the bug off, at least), they literally never catch a thing. So put yourself in their shoes... :p

Back