• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Does anyone miss the shorter villager style sometimes?

It's weird when I play New Leaf then city folk cause all the villagers are the same size as me in City Folk lol

Honestly it never really bothered me, but it would make sense for cats and dogs to remain short instead of being the same height. I do like the height variations now and I prefer our characters being taller but I guess I'm just neutral on this one.

I'm not complaining about the villagers increasing in size. But whenever I look at the old human size and the new size, I think of how weird the new one looks. Apparently we were little kids back then, but now we're adults in New Leaf and counting.

Teddy is a little intimidating, but I don't mind. He's my bodyguard!

When I first played New Leaf on thought.the height was really weird but now I'm used to it so I don't really care how tall the new character is going to be. :)

To be fair, I like the jointed, taller villager look, as it gives them a flair of maturity. It makes the player's villager look a lot better than it did, before, too. Yeah, some villagers looked smol and adorable, pre-NL, but I've grown so accustomed to the newer models.

Can you imagine if we had Gracie/Giraffe villagers towering over us? :D

Yeah, I really prefer them being little tootsie things! I think it just fits the games style a lot better, and also, its just adorable!

I can't even look at the old models. They look so wrong. Sure, I liked them back in the day but after New Leaf there's no way I'd want to see Animal Crossing going back to that short and stubby design.

they were pretty cute, but the diversity in size is fun i think. i like having villagers that are all different heights in town!

Back