I bought Story of Seasons Trio of Town yesterday

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
OMG I'm LOVING this game. Especially love the feature where it actually tells you who you talked to and given a present. That is so useful, especially for trying to build friendships and trying to keep track of your possible marriage candidate's affection! I love this game and I just started playing it, and I haven't even gotten animals yet! I'm so glad my instincts told me to buy this game instead of the other game I was planning on buying.

Anyone else play this game? What are you thoughts on it?

I played it back in March and I loved it! Here's a tip(I'll spoiler it for you just in case but it can save a lot of time)
when you get to fall, make sure to save 20 sweet potatoes. You'll probably need them shortly, and they only grow in fall

Last edited:
I've loved the first Story of Seasons but I don't have Trio of Towns yet. Maybe I'll get it for Christmas. I'm glad to hear it's good, though!

I'll take all the tips I can get lol. Thank you so much. I'll make sure to do that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've loved the first Story of Seasons but I don't have Trio of Towns yet. Maybe I'll get it for Christmas. I'm glad to hear it's good, though!

Yeah, I definitely recommend it. It's so fun. And it's nice to see the villagers actually interacting instead of standing around or walking around. Like just now, one of the characters was sweeping in front of her store.

Of course, it's hard at the beginning because of limited resources, like I'm broke right now, and I'm trying to save up enough to buy a cow.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've thought about getting it but I'm not sure! Is it worth it?

Yes it's worth it, if you like farming simulation games, then this game is definitely worth getting.

Edit: OMG I'm loving this game more and more as I discover more stuff, like you can actually shout what the game calls 'simple greetings' if you don't have time to stop and chat and it does go towards you talking to them! And with the fast way time moves in this game with barely enough time to do everything, that's going to come in handy!!!!!!!

Sorry, I'm just like really excited lol

Last edited:
The only way I haven't beaten it is getting all three towns to s rank. I'm at a point where they just need to be "unlocked" at rank A.

It was a fun game, I enjoyed it. Near the end I got sick of the grinding and Ever Oasis came out so I started playing that.

I have this game too! It's really good and addicting, but pretty tough in the beginning in order to get started on your farm!

Here's some tips:

1. Upgrade watering can and hammer ASAP

2. Save up 20 sweet potato, 20 Gentian, 20 Sunflower and plant Adzuki beans the moment you unlock them

3. Make sure you fertilize your crops and trees every day so that they survive those pesky typhoons and blizzards!

4. You really only need one of every animal since you can feed them chewy treats and increase how many products they give you. Maximum is 20.

5. Mine every 3 days, not every day. That way you will have better chances of getting super rare and necessary ore such as Agate, Flourite, Adamantite and Rubies.

6. Most important tip: just have fun!! :D

Last edited:
I keep meaning to buy this game for my wife! Glad to hear you're liking it, though. This games can always be so iterative that sometimes the sequel feels boring

Congratulations Farmer
This game has is wayyyy to much fun.
I'm taking a break. I bought this game at the same time I bought RF4, HMSV, & Style Savvy Fashion Forward ( and yea i mean the same time 1min apart)

The wool+ or any is a nuisance (I haven't gotten it yet)
The cut scenes are to die for
And this game practically throws frees stuff at you
*Note find that story teller his free stuff is bananas*
When you are friends with every one you get to have lunch with them at there lunch time * FREE COOKIES*
On your birthday they give you gifts *MOR COOKIES*
When you get married they give you gifts *ME LOVE COOKIES*
Your spouse can have lunch with you three times a day not Inari (;_;) cries :-( * MORE MORE COOOKIES*
The more friends you have the easier it is in the completion *COOKIES TASTE GOOD*

* Note Don't pick ur birthday on a festival*
I did it's sooooo hard to go to the festival and get alll of the gifts from EVERYBODY choose wisely
:- p

Inari will not move in with you, have lunch with you, nor will (s)he have children unless you have the JP version & update (><)

Your anniversary and your child birthday something happens can't remember *MAYBE COOKIES*

i was so excited for it!! i bought it right away but ive never had the chance to play it or when i do it's overwhelming to think how sos takes all my time so i end up putting it down :( im looking forward to it since it seems like they keep track of little things like that for you.

I still won't play these; still no same-sex marriage :mad:

Okay. If that's how you feel. I just like the game because it's a role playing simulation game. I rarely get married in these games anyways, choosing to be friends only with the villagers and focus on my farm. But given the controversial topic of same sex marriage and how not everyone agrees with it, I'm not surprised they haven't added it.

I started a new save because I choose vetern instead of Seedling and had all kinds of problems and wanted to change my personality to charmer. I wrote down all your tips and I thank you guys again for them.

Last edited:
Okay. If that's how you feel. I just like the game because it's a role playing simulation game. I rarely get married in these games anyways, choosing to be friends only with the villagers and focus on my farm. But given the controversial topic of same sex marriage and how not everyone agrees with it, I'm not surprised they haven't added it.

I started a new save because I choose vetern instead of Seedling and had all kinds of problems and wanted to change my personality to charmer. I wrote down all your tips and I thank you guys again for them.

Oh, I agree that there's benefits to the game and that it can be fun without that. It's just something that prevents me from fully enjoying it.

I'm really debating on buying this game but I still haven't finished playing Story of Seasons yet.

Oh, I agree that there's benefits to the game and that it can be fun without that. It's just something that prevents me from fully enjoying it.

That's understandable.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm really debating on buying this game but I still haven't finished playing Story of Seasons yet.

You should buy it, I mean, no harm in having both SoS and SoS Trio of Towns.

I have the game as well! I just recently gotten married to Ford. Only thing I have left to do is S rank the towns but eh I'm not in a rush. There is also a discord group for SoS if anyone is interested! Just PM me or something. =3

I just bought harvest moon sky tree village , don’t really like it , the time per day is too short feels like rushing through Everyday .

Will SoS be better ?

My friend pressured me into buying this game last week, and I play it way too much now.

Sometimes there are grammatical errors in the text, but it's a very small team working on the game, so it's easily tolerated. My only gripe is that Hamtaro is only in the Japanese version. :c -But I'm waiting for some of the other DLC to reach America whenever that happens (if that happens).

I did it's sooooo hard to go to the festival and get alll of the gifts from EVERYBODY choose wisely
I almost did this because my birthday is on the 13th, but I decided to make it earlier in the month since it is earlier in the season in real life. I was pretty happy how that worked out. :'3

I just bought harvest moon sky tree village , don?t really like it , the time per day is too short feels like rushing through Everyday .

Will SoS be better ?
I haven't played Harvest Moon to compare, but the days feel quick in Trio of Towns too.

Congratulations Farmer
This game has is wayyyy to much fun.
I'm taking a break. I bought this game at the same time I bought RF4, HMSV, & Style Savvy Fashion Forward ( and yea i mean the same time 1min apart)

The wool+ or any is a nuisance (I haven't gotten it yet)
The cut scenes are to die for
And this game practically throws frees stuff at you
*Note find that story teller his free stuff is bananas*
When you are friends with every one you get to have lunch with them at there lunch time * FREE COOKIES*
On your birthday they give you gifts *MOR COOKIES*
When you get married they give you gifts *ME LOVE COOKIES*
Your spouse can have lunch with you three times a day not Inari (;_;) cries :-( * MORE MORE COOOKIES*
The more friends you have the easier it is in the completion *COOKIES TASTE GOOD*

Inari will not move in with you, have lunch with you, nor will (s)he have children unless you have the JP version & update (><)

Your anniversary and your child birthday something happens can't remember *MAYBE COOKIES*

( Sorry too lazy to try again to erase the other text.... )

And when are the festivals in October?

Back