• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

favorite video game composer?

Right now, it's Nobuo Uematsu. I've been listening to his work non-stop for quite a while now<3

Akira Yamaoka, Yuki Kajiura. Both two entirely different themes.

Yuki always has my heart, but Akira has my horror.

Hiroki Kikuta and Hirokazu "Hip" Tanaka.

And then theres me, who likes Danny Baranowsky and Jake Kaufman ?ω? (I mean, Danny Baranowsky made the soundtrack for Crypt of the necrodancer and the amplified dlc for the game as well (the songs have such an energetic feel for being about a necromancer), then Jake Kaufman who made the shovel knight music (gotta love his collab with mint potion)

But eh... I play allot of japanese games as well, and the music composers for monster frontier stand above all! I mean their songs have a flippin orchestra!

- - - Post Merge - - -

And then theres me, who likes Danny Baranowsky and Jake Kaufman ?ω? (I mean, Danny Baranowsky made the soundtrack for Crypt of the necrodancer and the amplified dlc for the game as well (the songs have such an energetic feel for being about a necromancer), then Jake Kaufman who made the shovel knight music (gotta love his collab with mint potion)

But eh... I play allot of japanese games as well, and the music composers for monster frontier stand above all! I mean their songs have a flippin orchestra!

Yasunori Mitsuba aka the guy who made the Chrono Trigger/Cross and Xenogears soundtrack! :D

Masayoshi Soken get's big points for being a funny and cool guy who's excited about his music (he doesn't some really funny live performances), but Keiichi Okabe has produced some of the most beautiful music I have heard in any context.

Also of course Nobuo!! What a legend. I love hearing him talk irl too. He just seems like a cool grandpa. Lot's of great choices in thread ^^

Koichi Sugiyama, the music composer for Dragon Quest.

If I had to pick one, it would absolutely be Nobuo Uematsu. That man has made too many great soundtracks.

Koji Kondo and Yasunori Mitsuda are definitely right up there with him though. Jack Wall and Jeremy Soule are some of my favorites on the American game composer side.

stewart copeland is probably one of my favs. he did the music for the original spyro the dragon and listening to the soundtrack just brings back so many memories. it's one of the best video game soundtracks out there!!
i also love jesper kyd, who did a lot of the music for assassin's creed 2, some of those songs are beautiful and haunting.

whoever people did the Sunset soundtrack, so good. almost tempted to buy it on steam just cause

Back