• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Looking For Inspiration! - Town Set Up!

Dhar

Bells
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
Hot Feather
Silver Mailbox
So, I've realized that I'm not the best at setting up my town. Hahaha. I tried to start laying roads. But, I'm already hating it. Would anyone mind me coming to their town to see how they've set it up? Or, maybe give me some suggestions? You could come to my town and see what I have going on... (Spoiler: It's a hot mess. Haha.)

If you've got the Dream Suite unlocked, you could use it to check out dream addresses for a little inspiration. That's actually what I'm planning on doing today!

Yeah, if you have the Dream Suite it would be a breeze to get inspiration. Otherwise, I try to limit the amount of turns my paths take. I usually set it up so that I have roads that go 2 spaces across and make a main street connecting the train station to the town hall to the re-tail to my house. After that, I make roads that come off of the main roads and connect them to every villager's house, and any other major public work projects you have. I usually make a road that goes to the left of the main road and right of the main one and then each one just leads to the farthest house on each side. I ALWAYS plan it out on a screenshot on my map first. Post a screenshot to Miiverse (before it shuts down!!!) and then log into it on your computer. Download the image and open it up in a photo editor. Draw some lines on it and voila! you have your path outline. Alternatively, if you have the ability to hack and you can upload a game save to a save editor, plan it out on there first but don't import it. Just use it as a guide. That's how I usually do it. Good luck!! If you link a Dream Address, I'll totally come visit and give some more specific advice.

Back