Does anyone have any Club Tortimer horror stories?

My brother told me about this time he went and there was a person just dropping tons of 80k bell bags and not picking them back up or saying anything about it. After some people grabbed the bells, the person who'd dropped them started saying that the whole thing was an experiment and they were going to report everyone there to Nintendo for stealing.
Looks like we have an aspiring Joey Salads!

I haven't used it much. I didn't know for years that some island items only appear on club tortimer island so once I get my new town going good I'll be going there more in search of some of items.
The most recent time I went there was another guy and girl there. The guy kept asking our ages(said he was like 17). I finally told him because I am an adult and I don't care. But the other girl was ignoring him and he wouldn't take the hint, kept asking her and saying why won't you tell me. I finally said "maybe she doesn't want you to know." and she said "right." After that he said we suck or were boring or something and left.
Went another time and someone was clearly hacking. Removing all normal trees, moving all palm trees to one side of the island. I guess he thought he was cool and was trying to show off. He never said anything.

I haven't used it in a while (except one time which I shall explain) but it was where I met friends that I still talk to now, and yes some beggers. I recently went back on. It was all fine, then this girl asked me if I was an anime fan, which I am, I watch quite a lot. Some probably not known by others. And she asked me what stuff I liked. Welp thats where it got tricky for me.
I have problems remembering stuff and titles or characters are stuff that I usually forget and I did try and remember some and give her answers, but I was slow and sh excused me that I was lying and I wasn't an anime fan (saying I was looking them up online). I tried to explain but she just said that if I did watch anime, then I would of answered quicker. She asked me if I ever watched Attack on Titan and I said I wasn't fond of the anime and she said that because I don't watch that anime, then I clearly wasn't an anime fan :/ which wasn't fair. You can be anime fan without watching the well known anime. Again i tried to to prove I was an anime fan (for somereason, I guess she irritated me) and then I told her I don't need to prove to her and left.
Sorry for my rant, but it was annoying at the time and yeah, I wouldn't call it a horror story.

I'm not really afraid of people on CT, my anxiety just builds up from social awkwardness because I never know what to say/do around people but regardless of that I think it's just funny how some people act. I go there mainly for entertainment but I've met nice people that I've had nice conversations with. I don't think I've ever come across an annoying beggar (thank goodness), although I have had some who have simply asked for bells but even if I said no they'd leave me alone afterwards.

For actual weird-ish stories, I've had a guy who made really dirty jokes and called my virtual character hot (mm them pixels) and some I could tell were just little kids who threw a fit if they didn't get what they want but oh well. Not my problem :) I go to CT pretty frequently if I had to say so myself.

Talking with people is stressful for me on Club Tortimer. I can only say so much in my tiny text bubble and they're just chatting up a storm and I'm scrambling to type in 'ok.' Gee what a nightmare.

There's really nothing to be afraid of. You can always leave or hit the wifi switch, if it gets too ugly. I personally enjoy the trolls. They entertain me. However, one time there was this kid and he asked my age and I told him. He said I was too old to play, and I should get a life. Normally, this kind of talk would make me laugh, but he really pissed me off. Lol.

I don't have Club Tortimer, since I just started my town, but once I pay off my second loan (the 39k one) I'm going to save up and buy it! I like hearing about the trolls and other annoying people you can find so I want to go and find them myself ;) And maybe then I'll come back and share some stories, lol

I didn't know this was a thing. Was this added in the new update?

It has always existed, but you unlock it when:

you finish your first house upgrade, when you start up the game tortimer meets you. He tells you about an island that he is retiring at, and that you need to meet him at the dock. When you do, and talk to him there, the next day Kappn' shows up with his boat.

At the island shop, the is a club tortimer application. It looks like letter paper but it's not an item, just an application. You need 50 medals to get it. When you do, whenever you go kappn's boat you can either choose to go to your own island or to a club tortimer island.

It's basically an island where you can meet other players and do tours and stuff with them. There are trolls, beggars, ppl who want your friend code, and people who don't speak English, so please remember that it's not always a happy place. But there are nice people there, too.

- - - Post Merge - - -

To anyone worried about visiting club tortimer, the update improved the experience a lot. My main problem with visiting the island before the update was that people could pick a tour to go on, never sit down, and hold you hostage on the island. That happened to me numerous times. The update fixed this by adding a go home button that appears when you're in the shack. You can put all of your stuff in the basket then immediately go home. It's fast enough that most people won't have time to flick their wifi switch before you're already gone, and it closes anything other players are looking at to ensure you're able to leave when you want to.

Yup. A great improvement.

Also remember that when it the little pop up says "all items in the dropoff box with be exchanged for bells" that only goes for items and not bugs and fish. Just in case any of you were confused ^^

Last edited:
Today was the first time in a long time I have ever been to Club Tortimer and it seemed rather pleasant despite hearing that it was a scary place.. so I was wondering if anu of you have had bad experiences with Club Tortimer, either in the past, or the present. :)

I saw a video of this guy going in and calling everyone names and demanding child support and stuff? It was really bad.... Hahaha.

Yesterday I ended up walking into the island where there were three people already. They were talking about being racists so I made a prompt exit... -______-

I've been on Club Tortimer a lot and I've only had one bad interaction in my time going there with a person that was hacking and was just being inappropriate.

The person was putting on inappropriate clothing, either having racist icons for hate groups or bad words on them. They then proceeded to say cuss words that were split up in some way. I assume it was needed in order to say them.

A little bit later they started doing weird things. Their character looked like they were looking in their pockets but was darting around like they were walking. They kept doing this and were chasing a different girl that was on the island (probably was picking on her since she made more comments to all the other inappropriate stuff he was doing before.)

After seeing him doing these weird things I was going to leave and as I was in the process of leaving it wouldn't load. It was like every time it was saying "preparing to leave the island" the pop bubble would disappear and then pop back up again. Also to note the person that was doing all the weird things was doing some weird actions while I was trying to leave. (even though you can't move when someone is trying to leave)

After about 3 times of the pop bubble disappearing and coming back I just turned off my game. There was no way that I was going to leave the island with whatever that person was doing. Thankfully nothing bad happened to my game, I was kinda worried since it was so weird and I wasn't sure if the hacker did anything that I wasn't aware of. (also wasn't sure when it saved at the time so that made it even more worrying.)

Edit: I've only seen this weird hacking thing once, pretty much all my other interactions that would be considered bad is people begging for bells. Honestly I think it's silly to see what people will say to try and get bells out of you.

Last edited:
I've been told people can hack your town through CT. I dunno if that's true or not, but it hasn't happened to me :)

The worst I have had was someone begging for bells, like constantly. I also had a time where I caught an orchid mantis and the guy next to me got mad and disconnected. So of course I disconnected as well without saving and lost the orchid mantis...

But usually CT is fine, and I don't mind going to have some fun. There are a lot more nice people than mean ones on the island. No need to be so afraid.

Last edited:
Well, the only real horror story are my dreadfully slow typing skills
Other than that I haven't really ran into any major disasters yet

I don't think i ever had any kind of bad experiences in the Club, because even when i saw a Troll there, i know they're just kids with consoles handled out by his brothers/sisters. Nothing to worry about, not even a little kid with no knowledge about properly behavior.

Mommy and daddy are to busy to pay attention and get that they're kids are little pieces of trash with a console...

Anyway... I think i understand what you looking for, but sadly that things are just the internet horror histories called Creepypasta. You know... The typical history that began as:
"Hello... I'm coming here because i don't know what to do, i'm kind of sick of this horror experience that happen to me. I was just a kid and i want to buy Animal Crossing so much, and by the next day by some kind of destiny weird decision my father who lives out of the country send it to me... Blah, blah, blah... Blood, blood and more blood..."

But i can create a history for you, just with entertainment proposes, so here i go:

Animal Crossing. New Leaf. Club... Tortimer...
Hey there... my name is Paco and... (geez, this is hard) i'm sitting down in a bench in the park in the middle of the day with my Nintendo 3DS in my hands... Is another new day in Animal Crossing... And i want to talk you about what my town have:
-The Villagers 10 i want.
The called dreamies, so yes... I'm one of those players that are not happy with what they got at first...
-All fruits.
Not such a great accomplishment.
-Hybrids.
I'm not proud of that.
-All houses payed off.
I... I...
-Tons of Bells.
The dream of many of the players i know... (I know? I just play with em, how can i know em?)

Yes, as you know i want to erase my town and just... Just start from 0... I don't want that bells, i don't want that villagers, i just want to leave my 3DS here but i just can't! (I should calm down. People start to suspect...).

Sunny day and all was just good, because later that day i have to head out to that place again... Anyway, i don't have any choice. It's not like i can actually erase because even when Isabelle can be convinced easily not that guy... I think i just going to do my dailies and wait until is time again.

I start talking to my villagers:
-Stitches!
My favorite villager not just in this game, but in the whole series! If you ever leave my town i think i would destroy this game since you're not around anymore. Geez dude... You're one of the main reasons i'm still hanging around my Town.
"Hey Mr Mayor! Guess what? I'm so hungry, can you get a piece of fruit for me?"
I just smile at the screen... That's a yes...
"Thank you, he'll be waiting..."
Huh? He'll be... waiting? (Not you Stitches...)

Maybe i'm just so stressful... (maybe i just don't want to see the truth) I'm heading out for the Perfect Fruit for my favorite Teddy Bear and in the road i found
-Apple!
Hey little girl! How's the more stylish Town girl is going today? My favorite female Villager... She smile like she doesn't know anything (i hope i can do that too...)
"Mr Mayor! Today you look... As always, that's the truth". Do you want something, because he wants..."

I just close my 3DS. First Coco and now my favorite two Villagers of my 10 dreamies... That's not fair, i do what he wants yesterday. I just start to walk around the park and thinking in the horribles things i've done yesterday...

Flashback comes to my mind: Yesterday. 2:00PM in my house.
—First... I want you to do something.
—And that is... —i answer tired and sad.
—Nothing to bad, don't worry. I just want you to go to the Train Station in your town and head out to the Town who appears first.
—No...
—No? Dude, i just full your pockets of bells!
—I said no! That people just don't do anything to me...
—If you don't do it, i'll do it, and you know the consequences. They're terrible...
—I...
—You're literally saving em...
I get out myself from Club Tortimer and the last thing i read from him was: "See you tomorrow".

I go to that town and... The last thing i know is that an Animal Crossing player commit suicide just for the anger inside of her... I can't with that pain...

End of the Flashback in my mind.

There are no escape from that... And now he convince my two favorites in my town to make me go to that Pain called Club Tortimer. In first place i shouldn't go at that time... He wasn't another troll, he even wasn't a person, i'm sure about that...

It was time and i enter to a coffee to get some internet. I wasn't sure but... The nerves was just killing me. I open my 3DS again and by saving that play i go to the options and look for the open Wi-Fi.
—Hey Miss, do you have free Wi-Fi?
—Yes sir, but you have to order something first, so i can open it for you.
—Sure uhmm... Bring me a coffee with lots of sugar, middle milk and blue mountain please. (What in the world that i just order).
—Huh?
I just see that i order as my AC character... I feel weird...
—My apologies uh... Just bring me a normal coffee please.
—How much sugar Mr Mayor?
—What?! —i said with break nerves. I'm almost crying.
—In a minute Sir.
I don't even say thank you when she leaves for my order... I was looking for the internet signal and the waitress bring me the code.
—Thank you...
I start the AC game and Pietro was there in the beginning.
—I wonder if he takes you...

I head out to the beach with my hands trembling and i ask to go to the Club Tortimer.
"Hey! Are you heading out to the Island?"
No... But i pick yes...
"Do you have 1,000 Bells to go?"
I wish i don't... But yes i have em...
"Are you playing alone? Or you want to play with friends or..."
I close my 3DS in that 3rd choice...
At this point you may think... "Hey, you liar... There are just 2 choices... Liar!" But no... Not for me... Not since one week ago. Yes, i am the guy who actually unlock that feature that nobody actually knows it exist...

I open my 3DS again and pick the 3rd choice: "Do you want to see him?"
I pick that and... The Cap'n just laugh and said... "You two are making such a good relationship isn't it? You old chumps, must see me in my old sailor days. But i better stop talking and i better take you to the Club... Tortimer..."
I hate that dialogue... You don't know how much i hate that dialogue! I punch the table and some people start looking at me. I just... Start crying while the memories of how i discover that horrible place come to my mind.

Flashback in my mind. One week ago. 2:00PM in my house.
Oh yes! Another beautiful day in the world of Animal Crossing. So much exciting new adventures with my favorite Villagers. Who knows what gonna happen? That's the fun part of this.
Stitches! How are you man?
Oh yes, nothing could be wrong with this.

The day passed and meanwhile i was doing my Real Life chores i play for in little free times i have. You don't know how much i enjoy this game. You really don't know. Heading into the beach and i saw the Cap'n. Hey Cap, what new adventure we have today?
"You want to go alone, or you want to play with others?" (By your own! What the... Are you doing?!)
With others, i heard you can actually make a good time in Club Tortimer! (No... You can't...)

Heading to the Club and it seems the night was falling out. Mmm... It seems we don't have any players here... Maybe i should...
"Someone is coming..."
Oh, maybe i should stay and see what happen. (Leave as long you can!)
"Black, Mayor of Ninten has arrive!"
A character all dress as black with the Nintendo Logo in his shirt and a happy face (i hate that face) arrive. He seems nice! (How wrong you are...)
At first he seems to see all my Badges and my DA.
—My name is Black, i'm the Ninten Mayor! What's your name dude? —he say with so much carisma.
—I'm the Mayor of...
—PacVille right? —he interrupted— it seem to be such a nice place to live in. I would love to check your DA when i'm back from my adventures here.
Such a good compromised Player we have here. Geez, this going to be fun! (Run, why you're not listening!).
—I see your card and you don't seem to have a DA? —i say.
—Sorry dude, my DA is private. I don't like that everyone come and check what i have in Ninten if you know what i mean...
—Sorry, i don't want to bother.
—Ha! Please don't worry. Accept my apologies, i don't want you to feel bad for what i say.
—Not at all. So, what you want to...
—I want to go on a Tour! —he interrupted even when i don't finish type my answer. He see, to don't have any problems with that. Like when he talk, that's what is show. (That should be my first sign...)
—What Tour? —i ask.
—Hide n Seek, geez, i love to hide myself!
—I like that one too, but... Isn't the Villagers the ones who hide.
—Not here. I'm going to hide, and you going to watch. If you found me in time i'm going to give you such a great surprise. What you say dude!
(Stop that ridiculous word)
—Sounds great!
At that point i was wondering why he's messages show at that long.
We head out and Tortimer said: "It seems you just meet Black. It seems we have a new discover here. If you win, you can unlock an extra feature in the Game. Club... Tortimer..."

Huh? How...
—Stop the chitchat Tortimer... Let's play! —he write.
How?
The game start an as you may know he just hide.
—You'll never found me! I choose the perfect place.
—You'll see.
—Haha, i like your attitude. Is actually what i looking for.
—I'm looking for something too.
—Mmm... That is...
—A Brewster Gyroid i accidentally threw away...
—Oh no! Don't worry about that, we'll see what we can do dude.
I was looking and yes... Haha... He was behind a Tree in front of the Train Station.
—Found you!
—Geez i lost! Nice job dude.
"Times up".
I thought Tortimer will give us medals, but no... We just back to the Island.
—Mmm... No medals...
—Don't worry, i have something better for you. Come to the island, i'll be waiting.
I was curious, so i just go out fast as i can.
—Ta-dah! Here it is. 10,000,000 Bells just for you and the Gyroid you lost.
—What!? Are you sure about this.
—Dude, i never be more sure. Please, just take it.
I take the Bells and the item, geez i was happy more for the Gyroid. I head out to the island and Black was... Sit down?! In the grass.
—Come, let's see the sunset together.
—But how you sit?
—A feature nobody knows. Just press A + B + R and then, the circle pad down and this happen.
—Wow, i wish i could know when i was developing my town.
—Haha, that would be great.
—Listen... I want to ask you for something... But no... I don't know...
—What?
—You remember when we go to the Tour and i hide in front of the station?
—Yes?
—Well... I can't deny it... I love that place! Is the place which everything began. The compromise of the players with the game began right there dude! You'll see, when you arrive to your town, you know you can just leave it and i want you to go and spread that word to other towns.
—Sure, i think i can make a good marketing of the game.
—Haha, no dude. This is real, you'll see... I want you to go to the first Town you saw in the Town List and you're going to see someones town. I want you that when you arrive... Take the thing you see in front of the station and please... Do what you know i want.
—That easy? Maybe some bells.
—Better that bells. What you say? You don't have to accept if you don't want to...
—I think i can do that.
—Really? Great!
He get up and with the happiness emotion he take me out from the island: "See you there!"

I go to my station and ask Chimp to look for a town. I think it was all a joke, but hey! What can i lose. No joke... It was a town from a person i was pretty sure i never add.
"Want to go? Ukk"
—Yes (No...) Maybe i can saw Ninten and that's part of the surprise...
I arrive and the boy owner of the town start talking:
—Who are you?
—Black told me to come? Are you him?
—Black? I don't know any black. I'm closing gates.
—Sorry to bother you.
—Yeah, yeah...
He close gates but i was still there?
—Huh? What are you still doing here? Go!
I just remember Black words, and in front of the station i saw an Axe and a Shovel.
—No... I'm not doing this... —i said to myself.
—Don't you hear? Go! Agh... I'm turning off my console...
At that point i thought that i was about to be kick out but i stay in the guy town and then, Black arrive.
—At this point dude i thought you done what i ask for...
—I thought you want me to see your town...
—My town? Where i come from is just a desert... I don't think is fair people like this arrogant guy have the best while me or others live in a desert, in a horrible town.
—But... I thought you said...
—Dude! I'm surrounded since i live that horrible Train Station! Now let's do this! You don't want me to do that. Do you?
—Don't count with me Black, i'm heading out... I'm going to the Island and leave your Bells and your Gyroid right there.
—It's ok... You can never escape from me, you unlock my feature already and you are to weak to leave the game into a hiatus.
—You'll see...
He take the Shovel and the Axe and he was there while doing nothing and the Town owner appear again.
—What the... Leave my beautiful paradise you block-heads!
All right, he was right, that guy was a little arrogant. The town wasn't THAT pretty.
—You'll see arrogant dude, i leave when i finish with you.
—Leave!
Black start a masacre of everything. He seems to have complete control in every feature of the game. So he start...
-Making Villager disappear.
-Destroying Trees.
-Destroying Hybrids.
-Making Bells and items disappear.
Everything was just a mess, he start to make everything as a desert... Like his home.
—Black, stop!
—What are you doing to my beautiful paradise?! Stop! You, the guy dress like an explorer, help me!
—Black, just stop!
—Never! This guy will regret his words.
It has been done... Everything for what the Mayor fight and play for was just gone...
—My town... Everything just...
The connection just felt down and a message appear: "See you tomorrow or i take another. The blood of that Mayor is in your hands now."

By the next day... In the gamer news: American boy suicide. He was found with his Nintendo 3DS in one hand and with a Animal Crossing cartidrage in the other.

End of the Flashback in my mind.

Not proud to say that 6 players suicide and yes... I was the one who destroy the towns. I just... I just thought i could stop Black. But no... 6 lives now in my hands...
—Hey Dude!
—Shut up Black... What you want?
—Your town.
—Wait... What?!
We appear in my Town but he just don't destroy anything...
—So? Are you going to destroy it or what?
—No dude, i'm going to stay here!
—No way! That wasn't part of any deal!
—Take me to the Town Hall. I have things to do to star my new life here! Just think about it, i can watch for this place when you don't play anymore.
—Yeah... Ok... No...
—You ask for it...
He star disappearing my Villagers one by one...
—First Tia, then Coco, then Diana, then Muffy, then, oh... Apple!
—Stop i...
I stop myself, and i just remember what i said before. Stitches! If he leaves i don't have to pkay anymore! I have to sacrifice my favorite villager... But... The memories...
—Fang, Lucky, Kid Cat and Pietro!
—What about Stitches?
—Ha, ha... You wish. If he leave you stop playing, so no... He can stay. He could be a great slave.
So if i stop, you stop... I have an idea. I close that game and star Time Traveling.
—That's not going to work... Stitches will stay forever.
—No... He doesn't.
I try harder to make him move out but nothing...
—It's useless... I'm going to leave in your town!
I Time Travel over a Year and then... "PING"
"Hey Mr. Mayor! I want to tell you something... I'm thinking to leave this town and heading out to new adventures. I'm going to miss you...".
—What?! No! Don't let him leave.
With pain i just pick... Yes...
"It was a pleasure Mayor."
—No!
The game turns off while Black just disappear forever...

I get up of that table in the coffee breathing with lot of strength and crying louder while people start to come and ask me what just happen!
—I'm Free, i'm free!
I star to jump in my 3DS while crying and keep jelling...
—I'm free!

1 week later.
So now you know my history. Every time i see a AC New Leaf copy i just turn around myself and whisper to myself... "I'm free".
I don't know what happen to Black, but if you ever see him in the Club... Tortimer... Make sure yourself to not fell in his trap and if you buy and AC copy make sure when you arrive from the Train Station of check if he's not there looking for you. Maybe he's gone... Just maybe... But i'm sure i will never have to look at that face again.

You know why... Because now i'm free.

The End.

I hope you like it. Thank God i feel inspired enough tonight to write this. I just want to clear is just a history, Maybe... Haha.

Last edited:
IMG_1577.JPG
someone tried to decapitate me .

people kept on asking me for bells and they hit me with the toy hammer :( also was scammed lol a girl was really annoyed at me, so in a cricket tour, she kept on chasing me and hitting me with her net and it really bugged me!! (see what i did there?)

Last edited:
Back