• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Does anyone have any Club Tortimer horror stories?

sushiornot

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Red Pansy
Today was the first time in a long time I have ever been to Club Tortimer and it seemed rather pleasant despite hearing that it was a scary place.. so I was wondering if anu of you have had bad experiences with Club Tortimer, either in the past, or the present. :)

I've never been on, purely because of the stories I've heard. I'm too afraid of the place :0

Same @nightstar. I'm too wary of the place after all the stories I've read of it *shudders*

Sounds like everyone has been a victim of scare-mongering and it has worked very well. It's really overblown how nightmarish it is. (It isn't nightmarish at all.)

some japanese dude called me a fatty because "all americanas are fattys" it was strange

Sounds like everyone has been a victim of scare-mongering and it has worked very well. It's really overblown how nightmarish it is. (It isn't nightmarish at all.)

That's really good to know, actually. I might actually give it a try, then.

My brother told me about this time he went and there was a person just dropping tons of 80k bell bags and not picking them back up or saying anything about it. After some people grabbed the bells, the person who'd dropped them started saying that the whole thing was an experiment and they were going to report everyone there to Nintendo for stealing.

Last edited:
My brother told me about this time he went and there was a person just dropping tons of 80k bell bags and not picking them back up or saying anything about it. After some people grabbed the bells, the person who'd dropped them started saying that the whole thing was an experiment and they were going to report everyone there to Nintendo for stealing.

Ohhh my goodness. I actually laughed at this. Nintendo probably did, too, when they reported it.

one time i went on club tortimer and the other person on there got an axe and straight up killed me. never going back after that :/

Last edited:
Once i was playing with some guy and we did the scavenger hunt island tour together and i opened the door to one of the houses....
And a skeleton popped out ( ゚д゚)( ゚д゚)( ゚д゚)

I go on most days and really enjoy chatting to the others on there, some are lovely, an odd one is rude but it doesn't bother me. You can block them if you don't want to meet them again and now you can leave easy because of the new facility. Give it a go.

i go there lots with no issue there are lots of lovely people however the occasional person is too young or rude or begs for money which isn't great :/

ive been going there for years and can tell you lots of memories XD i dont have much "horrifying" memories
and idk why you guys are scared??? its not that bad there are nice people there too

i got club tortimer because i really want to experience these types of people. i'm probably going to go with a crown everytime i go to the club tortimer island

Last edited:
As everyone else has said, Club Tortimer is actually pretty mild as far as nightmares go. I rarely encounter anything out of the norm or really bad. There are a few instances like some girl who is way too young and is claiming to find a boyfriend or whatever. But even that isn't really all that in your face.

The only time it was bad for me was when I went to CT right when the WA update came out. Some kid kept cursing at me and anyone else they felt like. Saying how much we sucked because they had all the badges and we had none. To get all the gold badges the kid probably had to cheat anyway.

He had some kind of sheep following him around who occasionally laughed and joined in on his behavior. I'm sure they are long gone and probably only came back for the update.

I've actually been trying to go as often as possible because I've never seen these types of people and I want to. I think it'd be fun lol. I actually think it's kinda funny how those people act on Club Tortimer.

To anyone worried about visiting club tortimer, the update improved the experience a lot. My main problem with visiting the island before the update was that people could pick a tour to go on, never sit down, and hold you hostage on the island. That happened to me numerous times. The update fixed this by adding a go home button that appears when you're in the shack. You can put all of your stuff in the basket then immediately go home. It's fast enough that most people won't have time to flick their wifi switch before you're already gone, and it closes anything other players are looking at to ensure you're able to leave when you want to.

I don't have any, actually! In fact, club tortimer was how I met loads of friends during the first summer after the game released. Sadly, they've really clamped down on sharing friend codes now.

Back