• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Mafia: Endgame MAFIA WINS

your report is wrong and doesn't follow the literal definition of role cop.

why are you so emotional rn? do you still not understand you aren't supposed to receive alignments as a role cop?
I'm emotional because your argument is actually ********.

Once my question is answered you'll see that you're wrong and you'll think the same thing.

Likely scum as of now: Byngo/Zendel/Jacob
Possibly scum as of now: xCleb/Tina/Chick
Null: Aronthaer
Possibly Town as of now: Oath2Order
Townlock: KermitTea/glow

I am starting to feel confident that Byngo/Zendel/Jacob are scum. I can see xCleb/Tina/Chick as scum, but I do not see all 3 of them as scum together.

I am feeling noob town in Aronthaer now. I don't want to completely excuse him, but there is something about him that makes me want to think he is town right now. With who I currently think is scum, I just don't see him as scum with any of the 3.

I believe Oath's claim as of now.

Kermit is 100% town in my eyes. The fact that she is "Mipha the Doctor" makes clear sense flavour wise. glow is also confirmed lol.

Once my question is answered you'll see that you're wrong and you'll think the same thing.

Sit down, watch the language, you need to chill out.

I am starting to feel confident that Byngo/Zendel/Jacob are scum. I can see xCleb/Tina/Chick as scum, but I do not see all 3 of them as scum together.
real quick question does this mean you can see Byngo/Zendal/me as a team together

real quick question does this mean you can see Byngo/Zendal/me as a team together

I'm unsure of whether you fall in a scumteam with them right now, but I seriously see a scumteam of Byngo/Zendel atm. Zendel's claim is awkward compared to all of the other townie rolenames and Byngo is speculation because she has 1. Not done anything significant (there is also Kit whom I had a scumlean of early in the game, I kinda forgot about that) and 2. Her play right now is giving me Deja Vu to when I played as scum with her.

- - - Post Merge - - -

well regardless I'm voting for Jacob if y'all cool w it

(I posted earlier on why)

Kermit I recommend otherwise on this. While I agree with your reasoning, if Jacob is town right now then scum can pile their votes to win tomorrow. We need to be conservative with who we vote until tomorrow.

if you receive alignments then it's host error imo. using bulletproof over veteran isn't host error, changing the definition of a very universal role is. but u prob just messed up your claim

if you'd have towntold once this game in any way shape or form maybe i wouldn't be so persistent on you. i scumread you on d2. and i mistakenly believed since you werent lying about your role that you're town. but it means nothing

who do u think is mafia? you haven't offered reads literally all game. you haven't offered anything to this game besides your role claim. and now you're throwing a fit bc i found an inconsistency?

or maybe you're telling the truth about receiving alignments, and you're just mad that you're getting pressured over it. i can pressure you about your play in general instead if you'd like.

I'm unsure of whether you fall in a scumteam with them right now, but I seriously see a scumteam of Byngo/Zendel atm. Zendel's claim is awkward compared to all of the other townie rolenames and Byngo is speculation because she has 1. Not done anything significant (there is also Kit whom I had a scumlean of early in the game, I kinda forgot about that) and 2. Her play right now is giving me Deja Vu to when I played as scum with her.

Oh ok I was just wondering if you were either A) scum reading us as a team or B) Scum reading me individually

because A) that team would be way unbalanced therefor your reads would not be logically thought out
and B) you haven't even wrote any read or case about me yet... the only interaction we've really had was you being scared glow and I would start a train on you or something

I understand its lylo or whatever and you're looking for someone to vote, but I just want you to actually make a case about me first so maybe I can help dilute your suspicion

what games are you using for reference? i couldn't find any because the search function doesn't search for phrases it searches for words

Found a more specific example (see Minties role description):
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?216580-TBT-Mafia-XV-The-Siren-s-Call-(Game-Over-Mafia-amp-Third-Party-Win!)&p=3797044&viewfull=1#post3797044

This was 2014 though. It's probable things have changed on here. Especially if you guys rely heavily on external sources now.

ness: i mean toads is known to add in some weird characters in the game. check ttyd maf, he literally had a generic toad as a bodyguard. tbh i didn't expect cotera to be a rolename either

i already gave u a reason why i haven't done much.

ur being kinda sneaky with zendels claim cuz Patricia isn't as useless of a character as ur saying, cuz if u give her fruit she offers "words of wisdom" plus she aids u in getting to a divine beast

feels more like ur scum cuz ur totes ready to lynch a fairly easy target, probs to bring in that glorious win

inb4 wow!!! omgus!!!

Found a more specific example (see Minties role description):
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?216580-TBT-Mafia-XV-The-Siren-s-Call-(Game-Over-Mafia-amp-Third-Party-Win!)&p=3797044&viewfull=1#post3797044

This was 2014 though. It's probable things have changed on here. Especially if you guys rely heavily on external sources now.

is detective in that game?

well either way, i'm pretty sure toads didn't go through pages of random games looking for roles and their mechanics rather than just looking through the MU/MS index. lightning rod is something i've never seen on tbt before as well

is detective in that game?

well either way, i'm pretty sure toads didn't go through pages of random games looking for roles and their mechanics rather than just looking through the MU/MS index. lightning rod is something i've never seen on tbt before as well

Yeah. Coincidentally the detective in that game was oath2order.

I kind of forget how much the player base has changed on here. I mean if I were to have made a game just now featuring a role cop, I would have done it that way just because it's how I remember it having always been done. But I see what you mean now. It's unlikely in the context of this game it was done that way.

Uh I'd also like to point out Aron liked my role claim back on page like 156 and has yet to post his thoughts since

the question of role cop/detective is now frontline of discussion where usually they are only told the name of a role. However for the purpose of this game, detectives/role cops would receive alignment and role name (not flavor name). As you have already discovered the possibility of third party culting, this role was designed to help decipher that. For example, a result saying Third Party vanilla townie or something like that would've been possible. This goes for the mafia-sided or town-sided version of the role.

@Byngo:

Byngo said:
ness: i mean toads is known to add in some weird characters in the game. check ttyd maf, he literally had a generic toad as a bodyguard. tbh i didn't expect cotera to be a rolename either

Do you remember what happened when we used "toad did x in paper mario mafia"? What you are saying is irrelevant now because obviously with what happened D1 thats horrible to base that off of. And your claim makes more sense then Zendel's as a whole because Cotera is a great fairy.

Byngo said:
i already gave u a reason why i haven't done much.

I'm not taking "i'm too lazy as a replacement" as a reason to excuse your behavior.

Byngo said:
ur being kinda sneaky with zendels claim cuz Patricia isn't as useless of a character as ur saying, cuz if u give her fruit she offers "words of wisdom" plus she aids u in getting to a divine beast

Okay 3 things:

1. Admittedly I've never played BoTW, I've only watched a play through of it on Game Grumps. All I know about "Patricia" is that Riju rides her to the robot camel.
2. It literally doesn't matter about the "word's of wisdom" she gives you because even that is a stretch. All of the other Townie claims play a role THROUGHOUT the story, not just 1 single time. Ex: You can see Kass in every region of the game, Purah knew Link before the events of the game and gives you upgrades, and the 4 descendants of the champions all play a crucial role in getting you to the Divine Beasts.
3. Patricia is the most unnatural out of all of these claims, and it is typical of hosts to use the "important" characters as roles in the story and leave lesser, insignificant ones as fake claims.

Byngo said:
feels more like ur scum cuz ur totes ready to lynch a fairly easy target, probs to bring in that glorious win

Question: Are you townreading Zendel at the moment?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Can you please update the OP to show Bowie/Heyden's roles

3. Patricia is the most unnatural out of all of these claims, and it is typical of hosts to use the "important" characters as roles in the story and leave lesser, insignificant ones as fake claims.

not necessarily. since massclaming and fake claims have been a problem, one potential way to alleviate that problem is incorporporating some actual roles u wouldn't think of being in the game, and giving some more probable fake claims to maf. so to answer ur question, i am actually believing zendels claim for that reason. if im wrong than o well

also im saying that my lack of effort isn't alignment indicative because i only replaced so the game wouldn't be ruined by modkills. irl stuff takes priority over maf. time is tight. guess i shouldn't have replaced

i mean i can't really defend not having done anything this game for that reason above smh. everyone can decide wether or not im coasting scum or coasting town and all i can say to that is that i am a vt

the question of role cop/detective is now frontline of discussion where usually they are only told the name of a role. However for the purpose of this game, detectives/role cops would receive alignment and role name (not flavor name). As you have already discovered the possibility of third party culting, this role was designed to help decipher that. For example, a result saying Third Party vanilla townie or something like that would've been possible. This goes for the mafia-sided or town-sided version of the role.
ha-gif-2.gif

I know I'm not in any way confirmed town or Mafia by this, but it proves that the argument being made was just silly.

I've never been more frustrated with an incorrect argument in my life.

Back