• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Mafia: Endgame MAFIA WINS

It's fine, whatever. Once my question is answered you'll see that your entire argument is stupid and you'll back off. I'm done talking about this.

If I'm not mistaken then these are the claims at the moment:

1. Zendel - Patricia, Townie - I think this is a fake claim.
2. Jacob - Revali, Roleblocker - Rolename has relation to Chick's.
3. Chick - Teba, Townie - Rolename has relation to Jacob's.
4. Ness - Prince Sidon, Townie - Rolename has relation to KermitTea's.
5. xCleb - Urbosa, Role Cop - Rolename has relation to Tina's.
6. Byngo - Cotera, Townie - No relation, but rolename still has relevance in the game.
7. Aronthaer - Yunobo, Townie - Rolename has relation to Evan's.
8. Kermittea - Mipha, Doctor - Rolename has relation to N e s s'
9. oath2order - Unknown
10. Tina - Riju, Townie - Rolename has relation to xCleb's.

Out of all of these claims, Zendel's is by far the anomaly within the entire game. All of the other townie roles that have been featured have played at least some part within the overall storyline. All of the townie roles have 2 things going for them:

1. They have a connection to one of the blue roles flavour wise ( Sidon -> Mipha, Yunobo -> Daruk, Riju -> Urbosa, and Teba -> Revali.) Any of the other townie roles that DON'T have a connection still play a role within the story by meeting Link, one of the other blue roles.
2. They all have done SOMETHING in regards to the story. This does not apply to Zendel's claim, because his character only does 1 thing within the entire story AND doesn't speak a single line of dialogue throughout the entire game.

I'm over thinking this but Zendel's claim is the anomaly out of all the claims so far.

It's fine, whatever. Once my question is answered you'll see that your entire argument is stupid and you'll back off. I'm done talking about this.

bianca is that u

i wouldn't expect u to crack so quickly

- - - Post Merge - - -

oath just claim pls

if you're claiming blue we need to know

I have not. But I have no idea how else they could do it. If mafia KP isn't calculated by the number of mafia then what else is it?

Good point.

A Role Cop is an investigative role that receives the role name of its target. In Normal games, this is "Cop", "Doctor", "Roleblocker, and so forth. There is no indication of the target's alignment; if a Mafia Goon is investigated, they return "Vanilla", although a Godfather will return "Godfather".

In themed games, the Role Cop has been known to return the target's flavor name (e.g. Pikachu), the target's role name (e.g. One-Shot Thundershocker), or both.

Role Cops have been seen aligned with Town and scum, and is actually a somewhat popular Mafia role in games with many power roles."

There is no indication of the target's alignment; if a Mafia Goon is investigated, they return "Vanilla"

role cops don't indicate alignment. you're only supposed to get their role.

That's not how the role cop has typically worked in the past on TBT. Usually the person gets the exact role and it's coloured to indicate the player's alignment. I think with flavour text but that might differ from host to host - I think I included it when I hosted games with role cops anyway. I've attempted to search my PMs to confirm but my in/outbox come to 60pgs combined. Can have another look tomorrow.

i also honestly refuse to believe chicks town so i was considering possibility that there's a driver if you're actually real. so that's why i asked. if mafia doesn't have roleblocker with 3 investigative & 3 protective prs, a driver would make sense

but if your result was chick and you inspected chick that means you weren't driven. so if you weren't driven, roleblocked or killed, and there's no godfather or strongarm available (because they would've used it on you), then what the **** roles are left? i guess they could've used a strongarm on n1, if you want to argue that toadsworthy changed the way he uses that mechanic?

or maybe if KP is associated with specific roles and not dependent on the number of mafias present, there could be a strongarm? still, strongarming n1 would be pretty weird in a situation when you get bulletproof lynched d1. you'd only use it on people you really think would be protected bc you don't want to waste it. since dolby didn't hit me (if he did i'd be third, right?) then they either strongarmed dad or fleshy if there's a strongarm present.

the only other maf pr roles that are really possible are:

Roleblocker
Godfather
Traitor - very unlikely as that'd be townsided
Role Cop - hi xcleb
Strongman - possibility
Ninja - ?????

pretty sure there's never been a ninja on tbt before, and it would be pretty OP in this setup combo'd with a strongarm considering it makes watcher useless, bulletproof useless, doc somewhat useless, and JOAT 2/3 useless. i would say it's WAY less likely that there's a ninja than there is a roleblocker, and way more likely clebs scum with chick trying to endgame

That ties in with what Oath said regarding KP. Very aggressive roles would make the most sense - especially with the selection of blues we seem to have. Been a while since I last played/hosted so I'll have to give the wiki a look tomorrow. Don't think I'm familiar with ninja or traitor. Already past 11 here and I *should* be in bed.

@Tina

Because I had Dolby pegged as scum, so Cleb would be Town by game balance, and I figured Dolby would try to take out Cleb. I was wrong obviously

So meta?

Does anyone know if Cleb/Zendel have made any reads lists so far because I'm trying to see if there is a connection between them

I think Zendel may have D/N1. Not sure on Cleb.

all follow their descriptions pretty much word for word. why would toads change the complete definition of clebs role.

I guess it depends on if Toad/Panda went purely off the wiki or browsed older games for ideas. We used to have a lot more open set-ups than we see nowadays.

ok so as i said earlier i was expecting revali to be in the game so ye...... but with 3 blues dead 100% confirmed, and another 3 claimed blues, 6 is way too many unless every single maf has an ability. mechanics wise clebs claim doesn't add up but flavor wise it does cuz dad was daruk (a champion), Jacob and karen r claiming revali and mipha (also champions) un-cc'd so urbosa has to be in the game too

This is what I'm thinking as well. Either that or the balance in this game is way off.

if ur claiming blue we have literally 7 blue claims lmao

I can't find a good vid of Sheik turning into Zelda smh.

Yes fine I'm Zelda the Lightning Rod.

I did lightning rod on Aron N1 by picking a random person and on xCleb Night 2.

Hence why if xCleb is a role cop, they weren't blocked last night.

why would toads browse older setups for one specific role but use mafiascum/mafiauniverse for reference for every single other one

it's not that special of a role

I'm inclined to believe Jacob is scum.

1- Our JOAT had a roleblock, and roleblock + roleblocker for town is too much.
2- it explains why Cleb wasn't roleblocked last night. Only by not roleblocking Cleb can Jacob (presumably a mafia roleblocker) claim Town roleblocker
3- too many blues, so out of the blue claims, this one is the odd one out so far

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh wait wtf. all this post ninjas and wtf okay hold up

- - - Post Merge - - -

wtf is a lightning rod

I can't find a good vid of Sheik turning into Zelda smh.

Yes fine I'm Zelda the Lightning Rod.

I did lightning rod on Aron N1 by picking a random person and on xCleb Night 2.

Hence why if xCleb is a role cop, they weren't blocked last night.

what is your powers exactly

I'll give a rundown of how it works.

I target person A.

If someone protects person A that same night, I get protected instead.

why would toads browse older setups for one specific role but use mafiascum/mafiauniverse for reference for every single other one

it's not that special of a role

I've only looked at the two examples you've quoted so if that's the case then I'm prob wrong. I just know my experience with playing with that role on TBT is different from what you quoted.

That's not how the role cop has typically worked in the past on TBT. Usually the person gets the exact role and it's coloured to indicate the player's alignment. I think with flavour text but that might differ from host to host - I think I included it when I hosted games with role cops anyway. I've attempted to search my PMs to confirm but my in/outbox come to 60pgs combined. Can have another look tomorrow.

what games are you using for reference? i couldn't find any because the search function doesn't search for phrases it searches for words

ye im interested to hear what oaths exact ability is

cuz maf wiki makes it sound like the lightning rod literally redirects all actions onto itself, making the game essentially nightless until the lightning rod dies

HTTP3ZpZ25ldHRlMi53aWtpYS5ub2Nvb2tpZS5uZXQvZGVncmFzc2kvaW1hZ2VzLzgvOGEvWmVsZGEuZ2lmL3JldmlzaW9uL2xhdGVzdD9jYj0yMDEzMTAxNzAyMjUzNwloglog.gif

- - - Post Merge - - -

that was supposed to be bigger

Dude, Oath's role is both provable and is able to get us out of LYLO for D4

If i'm interpreting the Mafiawiki correctly, the Lightning rod redirects all night actions onto its player for 1 phase of the game

if Oath uses his power N4 and Kermit uses her heal as well, then Oath will be hit and healed at the same time.

Toads is online so it's only a matter of time before I can say something without glow riding my ass over it for no reason.

If glow wasn't Stump they'd definitely get lynched at the end of this.

what games are you using for reference? i couldn't find any because the search function doesn't search for phrases it searches for words

We just used the term "detective" instead of "role cop", so that will be why you can't search it. Memory isn't totally clear on the timeline but I'm pretty sure even a year or two after this we still just used detective and specified in the description whether it was role/alignment based - and we only used the former at first.

I'll link the one on the back page just to show how it interacted with godfather/framer/miller as this is how it was used in a lot of games. This was before flavour though:
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?115695-TBT-Mafia-III-The-Murder-Before-Christmas-Game-Over-Town-Win

Toads is online so it's only a matter of time before I can say something without glow riding my ass over it for no reason.

If glow wasn't Stump they'd definitely get lynched at the end of this.

your report is wrong and doesn't follow the literal definition of role cop.

why are you so emotional rn? do you still not understand you aren't supposed to receive alignments as a role cop?

Back